🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

We are ******.

That is easily the thinnest position on the roster too and Goedert was a beast. Ugh, everything went wrong for us last night

Still need to have a convo about Fletch
there are so many plays during a game where that man is standing straight up looking like he's giving daps to the opposing offensive linemen, instead of actually trying to pass rush.

BG is undersized and pretty old but the last thing you can say about him is he doesn't give effort. He STILL be bull rushing dudes and moving them with ease even at this age.

Also I have yet to see Robert Quinn do a thing out there, maybe I missed it

I'm still pissed at quez dawg :rofl:
Woke up hella mad thinking about how he fell for no reason and then proceeded to jog around like nothing bad happened
Thats why djax was so elite. He cathching that on the run and backpeddaling to a td.

Quez wanted to secure the catch mostly and that ok I suppose but have some awareness dawg smh

there are so many plays during a game where that man is standing straight up looking like he's giving daps to the opposing offensive linemen, instead of actually trying to pass rush.

BG is undersized and pretty old but the last thing you can say about him is he doesn't give effort. He STILL be bull rushing dudes and moving them with ease even at this age.

Also I have yet to see Robert Quinn do a thing out there, maybe I missed it
I know I was mad when we cut him (should’ve been traded) but resigning him is definitely Howard worst move of the off-season

problem is, what gannon is asking dude to do.. just like what he's doing with our pass rushers and elsewhere throughout the defense

fletch shouldnt be playing that noise role.. let dude attack a gap and go after a QB and play the run on the way to the QB

davis is able to take on multiple blocks and shed guys.. fletch aint that no more

that's why i say, i'd rather go down at least firing shots

We were ranked as one of the healthiest teams in the league and lost our best run defender for a few weeks, lost our pro bowl TE for a few weeks, and lost our starting slot CB for a few weeks.
Praying next week the team stays healthy

Couldn’t get off the field! Cracks in the foundation I see, we all have them

problem is the DC

davis is the only DT or lineman I feel like we truly play to his strengths.. and even with that, I’d rather him use that combo of size/speed/strength to 1 gap

gannon needs to adapt and let the DE fly up field and let the DTs actually attack single gaps and then let slay and bradberry press dudes

and if are starting LBs aren’t able to cover gaps when need to give snaps to Dean

but gannon is conservative to a fault.. fletch is a perfect example, he’s still a solid DT but you can’t ask him to hold up against blockers and react to the play.. also shouldn’t have Quinn dropping into coverage within the limited snaps he’s playing

it wasn’t until things got desperate that dude actually changed last night.. and offense let him off the hook for not changing sh

**** didn’t know I was in the Eagles thread, the noti just came up, carry on don’t need people criticizing in a team thread except the team’s own fans :lol:

But you had a well-thought-out, succinct breakdown so thanks :lol:

it’s been 2 years of this shh with gannon

i get doing it last year with the secondary we had

but it’s playing not to lose with the assumption a team won’t continue to just take the free 3-6 yards

and instead of letting dudes attack.. he slightly adjust, which forces bigger gaps in the passing game

it’s just sad because of how smart our offense is with recognizing coverages and attack it

like vs the Texans we just ran cover 2 beaters all night.. also why who has a big game changes from game to game, they’re willing to adapt based off of the defense we’re facing, plus forcing you to have to account for hurts legs and option plays

My thing is, we have pass rushing DTs who have shown they work well in a 1 gap attacking scheme

let them dudes loose.. play the run on the way to the QB.. at least you’re taking away a gap in the running game

but instead dude would rather die a death by a thousand cuts.. hoping to get a screw up and then make a stop just before the conversion by keeping shh in front of them, instead of allowing dudes to play and attempt to take away the pass on the whole

i need gannon to start thinking of more of these QBs like whatever he saw going into that Vikings game

This is what bothers me

the QBs we’re playing, send extra guys to takeaway gaps

With Davis athleticism to go with his size and speed I wish we’d use him for more than just this

but dude is so strong he can just stand up and either hold or reset the guy blocking him.. and then when needed, jsut shrug the guy off

Meanwhile look at fletch when we ask him to hold at the point of attack and then shed

dude just gets washed out the play.. might as well just let dude one gap and attack up field

Back
Top Bottom