🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

I loved CJ and he def has potential to be a stud but being a great safety on a team with 2 solid corners and a beast pass rush isn't as impressive as a good safety on an average defense. So that could be a big part of why teams aren't banging on the door to give him elite safety money

I’m tired of that man CGCJ and his social media antics , at this point he’s playing a game of chicken with howie , and Howie clearly has the upper hand , let him test the market and see what he’s about .

You have two first rounders in a loaded CB class. What are you doing

basically can keep both dudes for reasonable for 2 seasons, if that’s what we want to do.. doesn’t stop us from doing anything

lowers his cap hits and I assuming adding years to spread out bonus money

basically can keep both dudes for reasonable for 2 seasons, if that’s what we want to do.. doesn’t stop us from doing anything

lowers his cap hits and I assuming adding years to spread out bonus money
looks like we gave him new money. You’d be crazy to think if Howie is drafting a CB in the first just to have him be a rotational piece or sit

lol man let me not speak negatively on this situation but this is such a head scratcher .
If we invested additional resources in Slay, there’s zero chance we take a CB and commit MORE resources to the position. Especially if we have a starting trio already.

Unless we move Maddox to safety; which I don’t see either

looks like we gave him new money. You’d be crazy to think if Howie is drafting a CB in the first just to have him be a rotational piece or sit

his cap hit for this year was 26.1, I think

for our purposes we wanted that spread out over 2 years.. add the backend void years to make things even more manageable since we know the bigger contracts we have to prepare for as things are being pushed down the road

I assume the extra years are to lower dead cap hits when he’s gone.. so instead of say 6-8.. it’s like 3-4 but for 2 seasons on the backend

Whew, let me back track a little. No new money, Schefter is just a dumbass. He was already owed $23 mil, this is just spreading it out like we originally thought.

gotta remember this was his old deal.. him playing on that 26.1 wasn’t happening

1679010845315.png

it’s a 1 year deal and slay is still 32 and James 29

dont think anything on our roster stops us from going CB with either firsts.. only thing I think is off the table is CB twice in first 3 rounds

Back
Top Bottom