🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

it’s a 1 year deal and slay is still 32 and James 29

dont think anything on our roster stops us from going CB with either firsts.. only thing I think is off the table is CB twice in first 3 rounds
bro we are not drafting a CB in the first to just sit a year :lol: Should we? Yes. But that is NOT how this team operates. Effectively already have 4 starting caliber corners on the roster and we have other gigantic glaring needs like LB, DT and S. As well as adding depth to the O Line.

Gotta be able to separate what we want vs what will actually happen

I mean we took Davis to be part of a rotation and our 2nd pick we knew would hardly play

as I said, we got lucky with how healthy slay and James were last year.. Maddox got hurt.. as did CJGJ

I think we might look to trade Maddox or move him to safety

but I think we could draft a guy and he plays nickel just to get him snaps and gradual bring him along since we know probably both slay and James are gone soonish.. hell with the guaranteed money on those 2 deals, depending how they’re structured could easily see 1 gone after a year and space out the balance of guarantees

We resigned Bradberry, tried really hard to keep Slay and brought in Greedy Williams. And you still think we’re spending a first round pick on a corner :lol: come on

Jordan Davis is a bad example, we been running a rotation on the line for years. No team runs a CB rotation :lol:

I mean we took Davis to be part of a rotation and our 2nd pick we knew would hardly play

as I said, we got lucky with how healthy slay and James were last year.. Maddox got hurt.. as did CJGJ

but I think we could draft a guy and he plays nickel just to get him snaps and gradual bring him along since we know probably both slay and James are gone soonish.. hell with the guaranteed money on those 2 deals, depending how they’re structured could easily see 1 gone after a year and space out the balance of guarantees
draft a guy in the first to play nickel and get snaps. Sounds like a great use of resources on a position you spent the most amount of resources so far in free agency.

Just not happening my guy. As much as I want it to, you know damn well Howie ain’t doing that

the only positions we can’t outright name a starter, is positions we know know we ain’t drafting at 10 (LB, safety and maybe guard)

jalen carter dropping might make all of this easy

even if we draft a guy to eventually take over for lane, we hope he’s playing RG at best this year.. and the guy I like the most might drop to the 20s (Jones)

but given how much we value athlecism with our oline.. broderick Jones is someone I could see us liking, but where does he go

kancey’s short arms concern me.. skoronoski got short arms and don’t fit our usual more athletic type

zero clue what desai would want as far as DEs and if he’d want nolan smith vs someone like Murphy or tyree.. van ness only got a bull rush so far

I agree with this ! Slay went down with a forearm injury and Josiah got cook nonstop , if the BPA is a CB you take him at 10 . At this rate if we do draft an O-line all they’re gonna do is sit behind Lane .

The longer we ignore the CB position , the worst it’ll get when the time comes , Bradberry will be 30 soon , Slay 33 , Maddox is damn near always injured

I’m not saying we have to go CB at 10 cause those 2 guys could easily go before us

or jalen carter might be the best available guy

but we might have the luxury of taking the guy with more upside since we don’t need to play that person right away

But ain’t hard to see Broderick Jones run and see how we‘d use a guy like that at tackle

I just know it won’t be RB, LB and/or safety

I remember how devastated I was when we didn’t make a move to get Mariota in the draft. Just knowing that we were going into the season with ******* Sam Bradford killed me :rofl: :rofl:

yooooooo MM8 to philly :rofl:

also what's the cliff notes on greedy williams? wasn't he a top prospect coming out?

Yeah he has the athletic talent to be a good corner but has been mediocre when he's been able to play. He is also very injury prone so hopefully the conditioning staff can keep him healthier. He's only a depth piece for snaps where Slay/JB need rest or get hurt

The Jalen Mills reunion is something we don’t need but something I certainly want

Dude would do work as a CB5 or SS3 :lol: the effort is always there with him! And with Slay and Bradberry as your outside corners, you really just need a safety that has a high motor

Back
Top Bottom