🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

i do think drake gets unnecessary flack for doing what wayne, kanye, jay, andre, etc. all did by hopping on the walk it outs and what not

have you seen a dj unk x andre 3000 song since

that being said andre wasnt doing whole songs with dj unk's "flow" lol

hopping on hot club records always works because you get a free club hit without having to lower the quality of your own projects

Last edited:
It's his way of staying relevant in that realm of hip hop while co existing with the pop world.

Whoever Oliver deems as the next hottest thing, he'll show love or throw em a verse. Both sides benefit. The artist receives a mainstream look and Drake gives the perception that he has his ear to the street.

When he was born in Toronto lol

Come on man lol the question is why now does he want to showcase this caribbean accent on record, but i'm sure it's always been there. Find it hard to believe someone can live and grow up in Toronto without inheriting the accent, lingo, etc.
I know man, I been following Drizzy since his first album and never heard this much of an accent.. seems synthetic..

Have you ever seen the Semtex interview? Watch and you'll know what I'm talking aboot

Last edited:
Drake could never out do this wave riding

I know man, I been following Drizzy since his first album and never heard this much of an accent.. seems synthetic..

Have you ever seen the Semtex interview? Watch and you'll know what I'm talking aboot

I heard this interview like two months ago and it does nothing to disprove my point.

Just because it wasn't in his music in the beginning doesn't mean that he wasn't speaking in patois and i've been listening to Drake since CS days.

Not that it means much, but he was on twitter talking that patois **** years ago . Was endorsing Popcaan years ago

Shot 'Find your Love' video in the heart of all of that.

It's literally always been there, which is why I don't really understand the "fake jamaican" stuff they throw at Drake. Plenty of things to shade drake for, but not that considering he actually grew up and lived / lives in Toronto where all of this is pretty commonplace.

i do think drake gets unnecessary flack for doing what wayne, kanye, jay, andre, etc. all did by hopping on the walk it outs and what not

have you seen a dj unk x andre 3000 song since

that being said andre wasnt doing whole songs with dj unk's "flow" lol

hopping on hot club records always works because you get a free club hit without having to lower the quality of your own projects
Yup, Been saying this. Call Drake out for wave riding, but call every other mainstream rapper out for doing the same thing.

We act as if Drake has been the most criminal at this when literally guys like Lil Wayne lowkey revitalized his mainstream career by "wave riding." What's the difference between wave riding, and hopping on a song that you **** with?

It's his way of staying relevant in that realm of hip hop while co existing with the pop world.

Whoever Oliver deems as the next hottest thing, he'll show love or throw em a verse. Both sides benefit. The artist receives a mainstream look and Drake gives the perception that he has his ear to the street.
Basically.

I heard this interview like two months ago and it does nothing to disprove my point.

Just because it wasn't in his music in the beginning doesn't mean that he wasn't speaking in patois and i've been listening to Drake since CS days.

Not that it means much, but he was on twitter talking that patois **** years ago . Was endorsing Popcaan years ago

Shot 'Find your Love' video in the heart of all of that.

It's literally always been there, which is why I don't really understand the "fake jamaican" stuff they throw at Drake. Plenty of things to shade drake for, but not that considering he actually grew up and lived / lives in Toronto where all of this is pretty commonplace.

laugh.gif

how would you feel if one of your homies just came out of nowhere talking in big bad road man ox from belly patois when hes talked like a white senator for the entirety of the time youve known him

Last edited:
how would you feel if one of your homies just came out of nowhere talking in big bad road man ox from belly patois when hes talked like a white senator for the entirety of the time youve known him
Huh? If he was one my homies and we're from toronto, i'm pretty sure I would have heard him talk like belly patois(?) on many of occasions.

It's really that crazy to some people that a ***** from toronto who lives in toronto, is speaking patois lol that's wild.

Yup, Been saying this. Call Drake out for wave riding, but call every other mainstream rapper out for doing the same thing.

We act as if Drake has been the most criminal at this when literally guys like Lil Wayne lowkey revitalized his mainstream career by "wave riding." What's the difference between wave riding, and hopping on a song that you **** with?

I had come to this conclusion a while ago. Can't really hold wave riding against him when all these Ns do it. My problem is the blatant biting he does. To me there's a difference but I could see why people would conflate the two.

Huh? If he was one my homies and we're from toronto, i'm pretty sure I would have heard him talk like belly patois(?) on many of occasions.

It's really that crazy to some people that a ***** from toronto who lives in toronto, is speaking patois lol that's wild.

im from the carolinas but i'd still get looked at like a clown if i came out of nowhere tryna speak geechee if thats not my heritage lol

i see what youre saying tho theres no way to know if he always did that or that was just some new **** he decided to hop on lol

i co-sign the dancehall records tho its just funny when he talks like that in real life lol

this what i meant by ox from belly lol

those first few seconds could be a more life interlude and he used to talk like this lmaoo

Last edited:
Dude been talking about making a reggae album now that he had the platform, right after TML dropped

cmon bro its not that, its pretty evident one day this _ just decided to flip a switch and go full force with it

people actually from Toronto was confused as hell when he started doing it in Jungle 

Last edited:
Dude been talking about making a reggae album now that he had the platform, right after TML dropped

im not the saltiest fry in the happy meal but idk if making a reggae album and changing the whole structure, inflection and accent of how u speak in real life are really the same thing

cmon bro its not that, its pretty evident one day this _ just decided to flip a switch and go full force with it
laugh.gif

Bruh you really think a ***** that grew up in toronto decided to one day say "You know what, I'ma make dancehall music?"

Come on man, don't be dense. He's been rocking with that wave for years.

This is him literally over 7 years ago speaking about making "riddims'' and "sounds" and what not (at 3:42 in this) . This isn't something new. Maybe more pronounced,but definitely not new. Been part of him for virtually his entire career.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom