šŸ¦‰The Official Drake Thread6ļøāƒ£ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Why *****s donā€™t call future pop? He made an entire album last year of pop records. Writes for pop acts, etc.

This **** is all perception and aesthetic man.

They are all pop stars at this point :lol:. Future, Cole, Kendrick....all the big dawgs.

But drake specifically specializes in ā€œPop Rapā€ as his craft. He of course can do a wide array of things...and is unique and recognized as a rapper in his own right.

Super....is a supper trapper :pimp: :lol:. Drake canā€™t get this kinda love right here.

Dip and dabbin through different lanes and itā€™s all authentic. Lil Durk or somebody said Future is like the 2pac to young ***** :lol:. Itā€™s a bridge too far for even me....but heā€™s genuinely loved in places where Drake is just ā€œlikedā€ and is ā€œokā€. Those places tend to be the trenches. Birthplace of this here Hip Hop thing.

Take care been on the charts like 200 weeks or some crazy **** like that :lol: joint was one of the top selling albums last year

#butitsnotaclassicdoe :lol: haters delusional bro

Classic what? RNB album? 80% of that album is slow, sad sing song melodies.

And I like Take Care, but it's not a classic hip hop album. We can cut that noise right now. Mans made the simp anthem in Marvin's Room. That alone disqualifies the entire project from the "classic" label...for hip hop anyway.

Classic what? RNB album? 80% of that album is slow, sad sing song melodies.

And I like Take Care, but it's not a classic hip hop album. We can cut that noise right now. Mans made the simp anthem in Marvin's Room. That alone disqualifies the entire project from the "classic" label...for hip hop anyway.

Itā€™s classic music...that trying to categorize it **** is for the birds. Whatever you wanna classify it as, one thing for sure, ppl will be listening to it for a long time

Future can't be (what I consider) pop because of his content. He talks about gritty stuff, street life, murder, drugs, prostitution, getting locked up etc. He makes it sound catchy but it's really not 'feel-good' stuff.

Drake talks about stuff that the average person can relate to or strive for. He sprinkles in a little ignorance here and there for flavor but that boy is pop with a little edge. Future is catchy street music.

Future can't be (what I consider) pop because of his content. He talks about gritty stuff, street life, murder, drugs, prostitution, getting locked up etc. He makes it sound catchy but it's really not 'feel-good' stuff.

Drake talks about stuff that the average person can relate to or strive for. He sprinkles in a little ignorance here and there for flavor but that boy is pop with a little edge. Future is catchy street music.

Future is definitely a pop artist when he chooses to be. Content doesn't take away from that

There seems to be three ways one could define pop music.

1. Music that is popular
2. Music that focuses on melodies and catchy hooks
3. Music that focuses on simple themes like love and relationships

Future definitely falls under the first two definitions and he falls under the third as well sometimes.

Imma need fresh airrrrrrrrrr
174FC42A-F9C5-4E8E-BA42-1002D1CDF16B.jpeg

Lol people only use pop in a certain way when it come to drake.

I never heard nobody else HAVE to be differentiated between on the daily basis

There seems to be three ways one could define pop music.

1. Music that is popular
2. Music that focuses on melodies and catchy hooks
3. Music that focuses on simple themes like love and relationships

Future definitely falls under the first two definitions and he falls under the third as well sometimes.

Imma need fresh airrrrrrrrrr
174FC42A-F9C5-4E8E-BA42-1002D1CDF16B.jpeg

People 99% of the time put the title pop on artists or songs that have melody and catchyness which is why it has such a negative connotation when used. Truth is there is no such thing as a pop sound. Damn near all music can classified as pop seeing how it stands for popular music

Wow!!!!!! Drizzy shootin a video :wow::smokin. I feel like he never makes videos anymore for his songs. Not one track off of More Life had a video. Iirc da last video he shoot was Hotline Bling.

IMO thats what made him lose that streak, no promo, no viral videos etc.

He did a video for Childs Play and a video for Sneakin. In between then he did that short film.

I don't really know his reasoning for abstaining from it but I think the fact that a lot of the times he usually also does the video for whatever big feat he's doing at the moment plays a part i.e. No Frauds, Work, No Shopping, Why You Always Hatin, 100 etc.

He still getting his face out there a lot, then when he does his own it makes it that much bigger.

Last edited:
He did a video for Childs Play and a video for Sneakin. In between then he did that short film.

I don't really know his reasoning for abstaining from it but I think the fact that a lot of the times he usually also does the video for whatever big feat he's doing at the moment plays a part i.e. No Frauds, Work, No Shopping, Why You Always Hatin, 100 etc.

He still getting his face out there a lot, then when he does his own it makes it that much bigger.

I forgot about childs play & sneakin video. I do remember Please Forgive Me (Fanny is :blush::evil::smokin).

Back
Top Bottom