🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

His albums sell because they are consistent you pick up his album without hearing a single track and guarantee its gold. He only has gotten better in his craft each album tops the last.....even tho tale care was liquid gold

I have the OCD tendency of when I first hear an album, it HAS to be in track order, no random track BS. With that being said, when I first heard NWTS, I thought that 'Wu Tang Forever' and "Own It" was all one song. I know "Own It" bounced off of "Wu Tang Forever", but I was thinking damn, this one long *** song lol. Same went for "The Language" to "305 To My City"

Drake has been so successful because his music relates to women, which is a must if you want to be a mainstream SUPERSTAR and also can be thorough str8 up spittin which is the essence of hip hop.  Many artist fall victim to mainstream pressure to make just hits and whats popular, but often time become unrelatable.  He has been able to find that perfect balance and bite whats popular, but at the same time put his own swag on it.  I think the most impressive thing Drake has done has been his record for #1 singles which will only grow.  Additionally its quite impressive that he can put out mixtape singles and random singles like Trophies and they become so popular and in the top 40 rotation.  I swear they will play his songs 5-10 times in an hour (The reason I hate radio)

Last edited:
What's up with Majid Jordan?  Party gets to do 5 songs, but they only get to perform Hold On, We're Going Home
mean.gif
.  At least let them do one more song.  "Her" would've been dope and nice exposure for the people who aren't up on them.

On another note:

What's up with Majid Jordan?  Party gets to do 5 songs, but they only get to perform Hold On, We're Going Home :smh: .  At least let them do one more song.  "Her" would've been dope and nice exposure for the people who aren't up on them.

On another note:

I agree that Drake doesn't seem to show Majid nearly as much love as he shows Party, but I don't really know if their music would've been engaging to a crowd of people not there to specifically see them.

Like, whether you **** with Party or not, most of his songs knock enough for anyone to enjoy them.

Last edited:
Drake took the high road, put Kendrick in an awkward position if you ask me...now what is Kendrick gonna say? "Still **** Drake"

Kendrick not even on Drake's level right now, catalog wise and musically he's ahead of K-Dot. Drake is the hottest rapper right now. Kendrick only stuck on his 1st album still.

Kendrick not even on Drake's level right now, catalog wise and musically he's ahead of K-Dot. Drake is the hottest rapper right now. Kendrick only stuck on his 1st album still.

And more than likely won't match nor top it.

And more than likely won't match nor top it.

and it's funny about a year ago we were talking about his Control verse, now look who's on top. Kendrick lost. he might be the next Nas (or J.Cole could be the next Nas) but mainstream wise Drake is above most these dudes. he is consistent and doesn't hold back to his stuff like these guys are doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom