🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

songs are PIFF
pimp.gif

I'm feeling this new Drizzy flow.

He's finally @ a million!!! By the time they drop this Fancy video no one will like the song anymore
smh.gif

& lately I've been playing Do It All in the whip, that $#@% knocks
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by glasses

You guys give Drake too much credit, thinking he can drop 5 singles with videos on his first, mediocre album. Do you realize how much each video costs to make? He's not as popular to the rest of the world as NT seems to make him out to be.

He plays his part. Simple as that.

Name another rap artist outside of (Jay, Em, TIP) who have sold a million records.
Nowadays, the number of albums sold does not really reflect the talent the rapper has....i mean, solja boy sells millions too
tired.gif

In my opinion, Drake is one of the most overrated rappers in the industry

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

He's finally @ a million!!! By the time they drop this Fancy video no one will like the song anymore
smh.gif

& lately I've been playing Do It All in the whip, that $#@% knocks
glasses.gif

Hmm... two & half months to get to a milli? Not bad.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Full version of "Love & Gunz" is out..
You sure? I don't see it anywhere...
I believe the full version is called Choklate Feat. Drake - Overdose aka Love & Gunz

It's 9AM.. in Vegas
pimp.gif
. I swear that song has another Aaliyah sample & a sample from Ginuwine's Pony. This guy's my guy.

Young Money CEO, Cortez Bryant Talks Wayne Vs Drake + Drizzy's 5th Single
VIBE.COM By: Vibe Posted 8-30-2010 1:46 pm

mmbday5.jpg

During the countdown to D-Day aka Drake's June 9 release date for Thank Me Later, everyone had an answer to the jackpot question —would Drizzy sell a millie his first week?

Although a critically-acclaimed debut effort, survey said no. But Young Money CEO, Cortez Bryant—greatly responsible for molding Lil Wayne into a mega rapper-eating star— knows exactly what his winning artist was missing to reach Weezy numbers. "The first week was great but [Drake] still need that big smash pop hit like we had with Wayne’s 'Lollipop.'" he  says. "Wayne got his million because he had that urban side and he crossed over to that pop demographic. I believe Drake would’ve got those million sales if we would’ve had that pop record."

So if "Over" was an appetite soother, "Find Your Love" an emo stunna and "Miss Me" a hip-hop head's favorite, where does that leave Drake's 4th upcoming single "Fancy?" 'I don’t think 'Fancy' is that pop record either," reveals Cortez. "It’ll go so far, but when we drop 'Show Me A Good Time' in September— that has the potential to be that big record."
As far as Drake's success beyond music for, Cortez hopes his Toronoto front runner can multiply his triumphs through film opps. "We wanna start entertaining these movie offers. Drake is looking to come out with the role no one else expects. He’s not gonna be the teen heartthrob or the college kid. He wants roles where he can show his acting skills. Like a sci-fi or action picture."

Producer 40 Talks Biting Kanye & The Only 2 Artists Drake Says He Can Work With
VIBE.COM By: Tray Hova Posted 8-27-2010 11:21 am

40.jpg

To paraphrase Jay-Z, Noah "40" Shebib's workflow is foolish. Drake's silent right hand man in the studio (and life), 40 has built up a resume of hits for Drizzy utilizing a melancholy, synth-heavy sound. From the bulk of So Far Gone to future hits like "Fireworks" and "Unforgettable," 40 is the quad-core Pentium chip in the Drake machine. VIBE sat down with the Toronto native to talk Kanye bites, the only two other people he would produce for, and Drake's spoiled $%@.—Jerry L. Barrow

You’ve got a pretty simple, but interesting name. What’s the story behind it?
The first major label project I did in Canada was for this artist named Jelly Stone. He was a super gangster rapper up here and those guys didn’t really use government names so I gotta nickname pretty quick. Those guys used to knock out in the studio, wake up at 10 a.m. and [see me] still be working. They’d say “Your work never stops. You work for 40 days and 40 nights.â€

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Young Money CEO, Cortez Bryant Talks Wayne Vs Drake + Drizzy's 5th Single
VIBE.COM By: Vibe Posted 8-30-2010 1:46 pm

mmbday5.jpg

During the countdown to D-Day aka Drake's June 9 release date for Thank Me Later, everyone had an answer to the jackpot question —would Drizzy sell a millie his first week?

Although a critically-acclaimed debut effort, survey said no. But Young Money CEO, Cortez Bryant—greatly responsible for molding Lil Wayne into a mega rapper-eating star— knows exactly what his winning artist was missing to reach Weezy numbers. "The first week was great but [Drake] still need that big smash pop hit like we had with Wayne’s 'Lollipop.'" he  says. "Wayne got his million because he had that urban side and he crossed over to that pop demographic. I believe Drake would’ve got those million sales if we would’ve had that pop record."

So if "Over" was an appetite soother, "Find Your Love" an emo stunna and "Miss Me" a hip-hop head's favorite, where does that leave Drake's 4th upcoming single "Fancy?" 'I don’t think 'Fancy' is that pop record either," reveals Cortez. "It’ll go so far, but when we drop 'Show Me A Good Time' in September— that has the potential to be that big record."
As far as Drake's success beyond music for, Cortez hopes his Toronoto front runner can multiply his triumphs through film opps. "We wanna start entertaining these movie offers. Drake is looking to come out with the role no one else expects. He’s not gonna be the teen heartthrob or the college kid. He wants roles where he can show his acting skills. Like a sci-fi or action picture."

Producer 40 Talks Biting Kanye & The Only 2 Artists Drake Says He Can Work With
VIBE.COM By: Tray Hova Posted 8-27-2010 11:21 am

40.jpg

To paraphrase Jay-Z, Noah "40" Shebib's workflow is foolish. Drake's silent right hand man in the studio (and life), 40 has built up a resume of hits for Drizzy utilizing a melancholy, synth-heavy sound. From the bulk of So Far Gone to future hits like "Fireworks" and "Unforgettable," 40 is the quad-core Pentium chip in the Drake machine. VIBE sat down with the Toronto native to talk Kanye bites, the only two other people he would produce for, and Drake's spoiled $%@.—Jerry L. Barrow

You’ve got a pretty simple, but interesting name. What’s the story behind it?
The first major label project I did in Canada was for this artist named Jelly Stone. He was a super gangster rapper up here and those guys didn’t really use government names so I gotta nickname pretty quick. Those guys used to knock out in the studio, wake up at 10 a.m. and [see me] still be working. They’d say “Your work never stops. You work for 40 days and 40 nights.â€

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

RedMan wrote:

glasses wrote:

You guys give Drake too much credit, thinking he can drop 5 singles with videos on his first, mediocre album. Do you realize how much each video costs to make? He's not as popular to the rest of the world as NT seems to make him out to be.

Name another rap artist outside of (Jay, Em, TIP) who have sold a million records.
Nowadays, the number of albums sold does not really reflect the talent the rapper has....i mean, solja boy sells millions too
tired.gif

RedMan wrote:

glasses wrote:

tired.gif

RAPPER? Sure.

Artist? Hell no.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

RedMan wrote:

glasses wrote:

tired.gif

RAPPER? Sure.

Artist? Hell no.

eh, artist/rapper...whatever you wanna call it.

i know im going to get the typical "your just hating" replies

Im not about to say Drake is wack, lame, garbage, etc. All of his music is just simply boring to me. Is it just me or do all the young money dudes have the same style and execute punchlines almost identically, including lil wayne??? Plus he tries to sound hood, and hes from canada and was in that lame show degrassi
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom