🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

That's exactly what's wrong with rap today :lol: it always goes back to who has more money/sells the most records/more popular. Who cares, we are hip hop fans before anything, so the winner is the one that puts out the superior diss track. What 50 did to Ja was ending his career. Those days are long gone because it's a who's the bigger artist/got more money game now.

Ultimately, what 50 did to Ja was end his career, but he was eating his food with each record because people started messing with him more and Ja less.

However, that's another conversation. Rap has been about "who's the bigger artist/has more money" for the longest, you're just noticing it now.

If that's the case 50 would've never killed ja. Let's not forget how big ja was pre 50. Ja got killed for doing the same **** drake is being praised for that's the crazy part. Son was ahead of his time. But who cares who has more hit records or who's richer or who sells more albums. Record for record is how this **** should be judged. Every battle doesn't end like ja vs 50 and Co. There have been many dudes who lost and moved on and we're still successful. Drake took this L and will still be the biggest pop star in the world. He can still make another cha cha remix and it will be #1. Idk why people are so scared like to say he loses this 1 means his career is done :lol:. Antidope even said it, there's no reason to hang your head losing a rap battle with Joe, it's his thing, that's like him out singing drake.

Joe Budden has nothing to lose at this point so why not come at the hottest rapper in the game for some bud some weak buzz to get his name back on the map? ;-)

It's been like this since the early 90's

And about the 50, ja situation. Don't forget 50 had interscope and em behind him
*shrug* but ja was still the bigger artist, sold more records and had more money at the time. Back in the day u had a chance to catch a W putting out superior music and after everybody went on with their life. Dudes are really going full lebron post man's series "joes going back to his regular life and Drake is gonna make hits". Who cares, once he threw that rock from behind the wall he opened himself up to be attacked. He ain't fight back, got knocked out and gonna walk home with a bloody nose. Noone is ending anyone's career, it's just a exchange on wax and there's gotta be a winner and a loser.

Dudes are really going full lebron post man's series "joes going back to his regular life and Drake is gonna make hits". Who cares, once he threw that rock from behind the wall he opened himself up to be attacked. He ain't fight back, got knocked out and gonna walk home with a bloody nose. Noone is ending anyone's career, it's just a exchange on wax and there's gotta be a winner and a loser.

People are agreeing that Joe got the best of Drake in this "battle," if you want to call it that. I just had a different understanding of "eating someone's food," which is why I made that LeBron post, but then agreed with dude after he made the comment.

Joey been as hot as he's ever been since the mid 2000's but, everyone still thinks Drake has this battle already won. :lol:

People don't even want Drizzy responding to Budden.

Y'all keep thinking this **** don't matter if you want to [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]...The same people saying nobody is paying attention to this....ARE THE SAME PEOPLE PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS...We thought the Meek didn't do damage but we were wrong. This Budden **** will be another ***** in his armor. You can't have too many of those before they flip on you..The "gatekeepers" not ******* with Drake and everytime they get a chance they down talk "ppl with ghost writers"...Its only one person they're talking about.

exactly,this is drake response to his comments on being uninspired, Joe just letting these idsses out lol, he going in on aubrey i cant lie

1. Y'all keep saying no one cares, it's not relevant and he's not relevant. It's affecting all of you and you continue to talk about it. Majority of Drake's fanbase won't care too much because they don't care about rap or lyrics, but the hip hop fans care and they know what it is.

2. This record was supposed to come out weeks ago. They held onto it. We don't know if Drake rewrote his verse or not. I think he should have removed the Budden lines during this time because he look weak as hell right now. He's looking how Meek did. Incapable of even competeing lyrically in this battle.

But I don't want to hear he's irrelevant when y'all and the Internet keep on talking about. You might not care enough to stop listening or to think of Drake any less but people witnessed that *** beating.

Last edited:
^This. It always baffles me when people bring up relevancy, money, or numbers when it comes to rapping/diss tracks. That would be flaunting, not rapping.

Hip hop fans are fickle too though. Some people are gonna side with Budden regardless of what Drake responds with. To me, that cancels out the "Drakes fans gonna hand Drake the W no matter what" argument. Hip-hop purists have 1,001 reasons why they'll never put Drake over Budden in a battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
In this current era of simple bars about nothing, how many people are really seeing French Montana?

We've got 3 disses from Joe and some static from Drake.

You don't need a bias to see where this road is taking us.

Drake knows what's up. He sees someone he can't beat otherwise he would respond in a similar manner to how he did last year.

Hip hop fans are fickle too though. Some people are gonna side with Budden regardless of what Drake responds with. To me, that cancels out the "Drakes fans gonna hand Drake the W no matter what" argument. Hip-hop purists have 1,001 reasons why they'll never put Drake over Budden in a battle.
That ship has sailed. 1 record not beating 3 at this point. If he were going to respond he would've did it after the 1st. Funny **** is he started all this, threw rocks, hid his hands and ran.

I'm a HUGE Drake fan but lately I just can't get into his new style.

Views was a huge let down for me, the way he's been rapping on features just doesn't do it for me. I guess I just miss his old style and I hope he goes back to it.

Drake verse on that French song was weak. His camp need to give him better flows.

Buddens 3rd diss was cool. The 2nd one was way better.

In this current era of simple bars about nothing, how many people are really seeing French Montana?

Watch the vid trailer. I swear this dudes videos are him on a patio surrounded by women with a cigar in his hand .

This beef is really lackluster. Podcaster brought nothing new to the table but he dropped records so ppl claim he wins. Why couldn't Drizzy just ignore this dude :smh:

Last edited:
Pump, pump, pump it up
She got a good head on her, but I pump it up
I'm not a one hit wonder, they know all my stuff
You let me turn into the ***** that you almost was

:lol:

I just realized Drake said all this before Budden even recorded a diss. So this was really in response to Joe calling Views trash. That's some *** **** :lol:

Exactly, but then guys are going to act like Joe is crazy and he isn't worth responding to in a song. When he responded to a podcast :lol:

Back
Top Bottom