🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Better than male duck.

You had me google this, all this time i never knew Drake was the name for a male duck. Learn something new everyday. :lol:

Didn't Drake write that, no that was Nickelus. What about ..., The Weeknd wrote that. I know he wrote..., Quentin Miller. It's no way he didn't write..., Party Next Door wrote that.

No, I am not a former ghostwriter for Drake. He’s immensely talented and personal in his music. The depths that he goes to in his personal reflection can’t be written by anyone else. And it’s his personal honest moments that people love him for the most. i.e. “The Calm.” -Nickelus F.

^^^^ sound like the same **** q Miller said in his letter. Except we all heard the tapes :lol:

So ya'll believe rumors, but not actual quotes from people

Got it

Got it

So when QM basically said the same thing about Drake changing his life, and how he's this amazing artist
that writes his own material and the tapes show up , what does that mean to you? Not one tape multiple
tapes of references. Just curious into the mind of a confused fan.

Got it

So when QM basically said the same thing about Drake changing his life, and how he's this amazing artist
that writes his own material and the tapes show up , what does that mean to you? Not one tape multiple
tapes of references. Just curious into the mind of a confused fan.

I've said it plenty times before

Drake himself has admitted to getting help on stuff
BUT he also writes his own stuff too

You guys' narrative is 'Drake doesnt write any of his stuff, dating back to Comeback Season' because ya'll just dislike him and thats the latest 'cool' thing to hang off of

Theres been plenty of proof that he does indeed, write his music too...but to that you turn a blind eye...you are blowing this writing stuff way out of proportion

And from a legal standpoint, if you and I are in the studio, and you give me a chorus/few lines, no matter if I employeed you to do so or not, I have to give you writers credit, or face legal trouble if you decide to come after me

Don't drink the kool-aid...ask any REAL producer on this board they'll tell you

I guess Biggie, Pac, all them had writers too (check their album credits) eventhough I know you're not going to

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it plenty times before

Drake himself has admitted to getting help on stuff
He also writes his own stuff too

You guys' narrative is 'Drake doesnt write any of his stuff, dating back to Comeback Season' because ya'll just dislike him and thats the latest 'cool' thing to hang off of

Theres been plenty of proof that he does indeed, write his music too...but to that you turn a blind eye...you are blowing this writing stuff way out of proportion

And from a legal standpoint, if you and I are in the studio, and you give me a chorus/few lines, no matter if I employeed you to do so or not, I have to give you writers credit, or face legal trouble if you decide to come after me

Don't drink the kool-aid...ask any REAL producer on this board they'll tell you

I guess Biggie, Pac, all them had writers too (check their album credits) eventhough I know you're not going to

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion, we are clearly two different type of rap fans. You can never say you are
the best rapper and have reference tracks all over the place. That fact that you don't somehow adknowledge this
proves the difference in thinking. Please find me Jay-Z, Nas, Em reference tracks , I'll be waiting.

Getting help IMO is completely different from having a complete song prepared for you, adding verses like a
word puzzle. It's real simple...you can't be the best in "hip-hop" if you don't write your own material.

What songs did Pac and BIG get help on?

People love throwing out that "every rap album has writing credits" but stay not understanding how album writing credits work lol.

Producers and samples get credits.

Last edited:
Didn't Drake write that, no that was Nickelus. What about ..., The Weeknd wrote that. I know he wrote..., Quentin Miller. It's no way he didn't write..., Party Next Door wrote that.

You forgot hush, he's credited on more than half the songs on take care and NTWS. I guess that's not even considered a ghost writer, just people writing his ****

Hush wrote Tuscan leather :smh:
go check the credits

Ain't one of drake fans favorite song?

Last edited:
I really wish the credits showed the percentage of what each person wrote so ya'll can all **** about it

^its coming to the point in music where that doesnt matter anymore, real bars arent appreciated like they use to, its all about who has the most buzz on a fire beat

I listen to drake, but im from the Era of Jay, Nas, Gang Starr, Tribe, so their music will always be appreciated more to me, their catalog no matter how old it is will be timeless in my eyes

Last edited:
What songs did Pac and BIG get help on?

People love throwing out that "every rap album has writing credits" but stay not understanding how album writing credits work lol.

Producers and samples get credits.

Yeah, people constantly say this, but it's what separates rap from other forms of music.

Nobody has said it hasn't been done, but nobody looks upon, Dre, Eazy E, Pete Rock, Queen Latifah, Lil Kim....as great rappers. Hell, they acknowledge their writers and don't hide it.

I remember reading back in the 90's that LL and Will Smith were getting help and it made me lose some respect for them.

IDC what no one says, you rap to be successful, not for respect, respect don't pay the bills

Back
Top Bottom