🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

IDC what no one says, you rap to be successful, not for respect, respect don't pay the bills

Nowadays yes, but there are people in the game who truly love the art

But when you get paid to do what you love its a win win

Last edited:
People who like Drake underplay it.
People who dislike Drake overplay it.

That's how the game go.

Then It's people that look at the proof and call it what it is.

So ya'll believe rumors, but not actual quotes from people

Got it

Nick already said he wrote the whole "I'm Goin In" verse in a Complex interview from 5-6 years ago, so which quote you wanna believe? :lol: :smh:

Q Miller said the opposite so which quote YOU wanna believe?

There's proof that Q was writing for him. It doesn't matter what he says. :lol:

Last edited:

Damn. That's a lit *** story. I remember them days when I would go to YouTube and hear the so far gon snippets with Ben baller doing the mixing :lol:

So ya'll believe rumors, but not actual quotes from people

Got it

Nick already said he wrote the whole "I'm Goin In" verse in a Complex interview from 5-6 years ago, so which quote you wanna believe? :lol: :smh:

Q Miller said the opposite so which quote YOU wanna believe?

:lol:

What I meant was, when we have people candidly admitting to writing whole verses only to say the opposite years later, how much stock should we be putting in these "quotes"?

Last edited:
My thing is....anyone can write some good songs or lines.....but only a small percent of the world can make it sound good....people forget about the actual sound part of making music....just look at futures fans the guy has a whole "hive" off making "i think 55 nights crazy" sound good.....its music,not writing literature....you still have to deliver a good flow and sound....musician not author people

My thing is....anyone can write some good songs or lines.....but only a small percent of the world can make it sound good....people forget about the actual sound part of making music....just look at futures fans the guy has a whole "hive" off making "i think 55 nights crazy" sound good.....its music,not writing literature....you still have to deliver a good flow and sound....musician not author people

So is drake a rapper or a pop artist ?

Smh at dudes making excuses for a rapper not writing his own lyrics

Last edited:
Musician...rapper and singer.....pop music = popular music or is this a type of music? Srs question dont get all butthurt

Last edited:
So is drake a rapper or a pop artist ?

Smh at dudes making excuses for a rapper not writing his own lyrics
Who cares ? As long it sounds good Idc .. Dudes be mad a rapper didn't write his raps but ok with other rappers blatenly lying on record talk about things they didn't do makes no sense

So do we give certain rappers kindergarten rhymes credit or do we credit the ones that make the beats? I need to understand the rules cause just sounding good obv isnt enough

Who cares ? As long it sounds good Idc .. Dudes be mad a rapper didn't write his raps but ok with other rappers blatenly lying on record talk about things they didn't do makes no sense

So do we give certain rappers kindergarten rhymes credit or do we credit the ones that make the beats? I need to understand the rules cause just sounding good obv isnt enough

I'm caping because I don't care about who's writing rhymes ? Fam I'm grown *** man I have way more important things to worry about .... I'm not 17 anymore idc who's writing rhymes , who has street cred etc.

Most of you dudes are just younger, you don't understand what it meant to not write your own material or sound
the same back in the day. My question outside of the Drake aspect, don't you get tired of all these artist sounding
the same (Drake,PND,Tiller,Tory) in that same lane? Do you not respect creativity anymore?

Most of you dudes are just younger, you don't understand what it meant to not write your own material or sound
the same back in the day. My question outside of the Drake aspect, don't you get tired of all these artist sounding
the same (Drake,PND,Tiller,Tory) in that same lane? Do you not respect creativity anymore?
You can't blame drake for all those guys wanting to sound like him

I'm older and totally understand what it meant to not write your rhymes. I just really don't care anymore, man. I'ma not listen to a good song because I'm stuck on if dude wrote every word of it? Naw. I'm not gonna think about it at all. I don't care.

He obviously gets help. Once it's proven you get some, the door is open to question it all. It's fair. I just question caring so much. Like...so?

Realistically, I think any rational person knows he has a great deal of talent and isn't some "pop star" who just gets songs handed to him. But the door is open. Zane Lowe was scared to ask him about it, so I'm going to reasonably assume that he gets a spark from reference tracks, sometimes, and edits them instead of writes them. And I'm also going to assume that he writes songs that get edited by people (like Hush). Then I'll assume that he straight up writes some songs...like "Look What You've Done" and such. All assumption. But acting like he doesn't write anything is stupid. And acting like he writes everything is stupid.

For as much of his music as I love, I don't think he was ever in the running for greatest rapper of all time so this doesn't get him out the running for something he was never in line to be. I do think he will be the biggest rapper ever though...if he already isn't.

Back
Top Bottom