🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Yo if you search "Anthony Palman" (Hush) on rap genius, it's disgusting how many songs he's done for Drake. Take Care X NWTS were like Weeknd & Hush projects. The only great RAPPING song of Drake's career imo, Tuscan Leather, has Hush on the credits. Smh

:lol: @ Tuscan Leather being the only great "rapping" song of his career, stop it.

I will say however that I'll always look at Drake differently for getting his raps written.

I still enjoy the music and I understand he wants to turn out songs like a machine but something about rap is different from Pop.

I'm cool with stuff like Hold On We're Going home written by Majid but verses where you're explicitly bragging about how you're the best rapping?

Just doesn't make sense.

:lol: @ Tuscan Leather being the only great "rapping" song of his career, stop it.

I will say however that I'll always look at Drake differently for getting his raps written.

I still enjoy the music and I understand he wants to turn out songs like a machine but something about rap is different from Pop.

I'm cool with stuff like Hold On We're Going home written by Majid but verses where you're explicitly bragging about how you're the best rapping?

Just doesn't make sense.

Just doesn't make sense.

I'll add in Too Much as another GREAT RAP song. Besides that, I think the time stamped collection has been wayyyy overhyped as great rap songs just because he never really does full rap songs.

Lol it just doesn't make sense why would drake want 25 diss tracks against him and why would he pay him for it prolly was gonna do it in his own anyway

Drizzy making the podcaster look pathetic :lol: That 10k hanging over his head like

Smh, you think he wants that 10K? He could easily sell Drake's DMs for double that. I know some of y'all are super fans of your guy but it's absurd that you actually think this way.

Budden was just doing an interview and was asked if he would battle Nick Cannon for 100K. He said no, he has too much respect for hip hop to do something that stupid no matter how much money it is.

Last edited:
Smh, you think he wants that 10K? He could easily sell Drake's DMs for double that. I know some of y'all are super fans of your guy but it's absurd that you actually think this way.

Still got him looking stupid. He's willing to pay to drop these trash disses :lol:

podcaster really on a promo tour cause of these disses :wow: :rofl:

Last edited:
Looks like Drizzy brought out Kanye at the Chicago show last night. Dude better have the special guests on deck for the LA stop(s).

Still got him looking stupid. He's willing to pay to drop these trash disses :lol:

podcaster really on a promo tour cause of these disses :wow: :rofl:

Hahahahaha, my goodness. I don't even know where to begin.

laugh.gif
@ Tuscan Leather being the only great "rapping" song of his career, stop it.

Just doesn't make sense.
Yeah, I agree. I for sure look at him differently since the QM stuff came out.

He's still my favorite rapper. Like, I listen to him more than anyone else by a significant margin. I feel like there's nothing wrong with this way of making music. If that leads to making the best possible product and if that's how you want to go about it, then so be it.  As a fan, it doesn't make much of a difference to me other than the fact that Drake is excluded now from the "best rapper out " barbershop discussions. (Which I try to stay away from. Those are way too subjective)

He's like in that Kanye realm now. (except better because I prefer his music to Kanye's, and Drake's raps are far more tolerable)

He's a bit more talented than a pop act, so I won't go as far as calling him that, and I'm certain he probably writes half and in some cases most of his records and plays a part in most of the concepts behind his music. But when you're a rapper, for the sake of the "Best rapper discussions" and what not, anything more than a line or two or an idea is a bit too much to be considered the best rapper.

Last edited:
Drake and Kanye are one in the Same except drake is the only one that's making good music right now
I guess,

But Drake as a rapper is just more tolerable for an entire project. Like drake has bad lines for sure, but Ye's music is literally filled with them. It's like every song with him. Plus he doesn't sound as good as Drake and doesn't rap on the beats that Drake raps over. 

I guess,

But Drake as a rapper is just more tolerable for an entire project. Like drake has bad lines for sure, but Ye's music is literally filled with them. It's like every song with him. Plus he doesn't sound as good as Drake and doesn't rap on the beats that Drake raps over. 
You talking about Kanye now or before cause Kanye had four classics in my book late registration, college dropout, graduation, and MBDTF and drake has 2 soon to be classics take care and nwts

You talking about Kanye now or before cause Kanye had four classics in my book late registration, college dropout, graduation, and MBDTF and drake has 2 soon to be classics take care and nwts
More so Kanye now. I loved early ye, who didn't? But I haven't been a fan of much of anything ye since 808's and Heartbreak. (Yes, that includes MBDTF) I don't know how Ye's writing could fall off that bad, when he wasn't doing the writing in the first place. 

And Idk how to evaluate classics because in my eyes, Drake has like four of em. SFG, TML, TC, IYRTITTL, and maybe views. When I talk about classics, I'm only concerned with records and albums that I love. 

More so Kanye now. I loved early ye, who didn't? But I haven't been a fan of much of anything ye since 808's and Heartbreak. (Yes, that includes MBDTF) I don't know how Ye's writing could fall off that bad, when he wasn't doing the writing in the first place. 

And Idk how to evaluate classics because in my eyes, Drake has like four of em. SFG, TML, TC, IYRTITTL, and maybe views. When I talk about classics, I'm only concerned with records and albums that I love. 
Oh yea if it were up to me all drakes tapes and albums would be classics but take care and nwts seem to be the albums were even the haters say they were "alright"

I can't even put Drake in the Kanye/Dre catergory cuz they'be produced albums. For themselves and others.

Drake is just a entertainer. He's not in any best rapper class. I'm sure he does write some of his music but we know for a fact he has a team that does too. So what it is it 50/50? His stans like to think it's just the songs that's not that serious. But most of dudes music ain't that serious. He'll have 2 or 3 songs on every project when he's talking about his family but most of his music is about his friends, relationships and his haters. Other people can easily write that.

But thats the thing what if he writes the "rap" songs would you classify him as a rapper

The pop songs are whatever

I'm talking about the '___ in ___', Paris Morton, Weston Road songs

It's proof that doesn't write the rap songs. He ain't even write the Rico feature.

We don't know if he's writing the '___ in ___' joints. Only him and his people know. I can't put you in a rapper class with dudes that write their own **** and you don't. Nobody ever put Diddy in a group with Jay or Nas.

Crazy, already been number 1 for 3 months (quarter of a year).

TOP 15: SAME VIEWS,
DIFFERENT WEEK

Drake will retain the #1 spot on our Sales Plus Streaming (SPS) chart for a 12th non-consecutive week.

SPS

Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 81-86k

Crazy, already been number 1 for 3 months (quarter of a year).

TOP 15: SAME VIEWS,
DIFFERENT WEEK

Drake will retain the #1 spot on our Sales Plus Streaming (SPS) chart for a 12th non-consecutive week.

SPS

Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 81-86k
nobody should give Drake props, people in this thread will get on you for it 
indifferent.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom