🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

His career was in shambles prior to these disses. Who's really checking for Budden nowadays? As stated before let this man drop a song that has nothing to do with Drake and there will be crickets he just isn't relevant like that.

His last album sold 15k first week.

Young Thug Barter 6 sold 16k first week. I'm Up which was earlier this year sold 22k first week.

PartyNextDoor 2 sold 15k first week maybe less.

Budden is independent, Thug and Party are signed to major labels with major marketing capabilities.

If no one is checking for Budden, no one is checking for Thug and Party, which we know is not true.

Y'all really think everyone has to go platinum and be on Jimmy Fallon and **** to have a successful rap career :lol:. Budden has his loyal niche independent fans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Love_Lost

Last edited:
The statement was still wrong either way. You can't say "this is the most relevant he's been since 2003" when he's had fairly notable music 10 years after that. Those are called receipts.
this probably is the most he's been relevant since 03, MM2 was the goat mixtape but even back then besides the few of us who knew his exceptional skill set, most didn't care. 

and budden doesn't have any notable music 10 years later,  stop it.

His last album sold 15k first week.

Young Thug Barter 6 sold 16k first week.

PartyNextDoor 2 sold 15k first week maybe less.

Budden is independent, Thug and Party are signed to major labels with major marketing capabilities.

If no one is checking for Budden, no one is checking for Thug and Party, which we know is not true.

Y'all really think everyone has to go platinum and be on Jimmy Fallon and **** to have a successful rap career
laugh.gif
. Budden has his loyal niche independent fans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Love_Lost
Sales in this day and age do not equate to relevance. It's not as blanket of a scenario as you're painting it here, although I see what you're saying.

Sales in this day and age do not equate to relevance. It's not as blanket of a scenario as you're painting it here, although I see what you're saying.

I'm just saying...

Just because he might not be popping among the younger audience doesn't mean "no one is checking for him" just as Thug and Party not being popping among the mainstream audience doesn't mean "no one is checking for them".

It can't be that no one is checking for Budden but sales don't tell the whole story of Party and Thug. :lol:

Also it should be acknowledged that Budden independent and Party and Thug have WB and Atlantic behind them for marketing and Budden doesn't.

Thugger has a platinum single. It just doesn't translate to album sales for him. I think the challenge is selling albums to his demo...which isn't Joe's demo. Joe's music just isn't connecting with any demo. It's different. I think you know this though.

And Budden just became independent. He hasn't even released an album being independent. All he's talked about recently is being free and unable to be blackballed now so he can say what he wants.

Last edited:
Budden also had a head start of 10 years :rofl:

Memph Bleek 2.0 if you ask me

Last edited by a moderator:
What does Bleek have to do with any of this??? I would never compare him to Budden or Drake so I'm not sure what Bleek 2.0 is.

I mess with 'For Free', I heard Khaleds album and I think 'Do You Mind' stole the spotlight :smokin

That is one of the worst songs I've heard all year. Sampled a garbage song, put garbage artists on there, and made garbage.

Last edited:
For Free is wack.

Epitome of a throwaway, Majid Jordan were sitting on that beat for super long too.

I don't think any Drake fans should be regarding him as a top MC

He's a pop artist who happens to rap

I'm definitely a fan of the guy but he'll never be in my top MC list

You get immediately disqualified from top MC discussions when you get the kind of help Drake has gotten.

I look at him the same way I look at Ye pre TLOP, just an amazing artist and curator of talent.

Top 5 GOAT

***** made his own genre of rap, made a career off reminiscin'

:lol: :lol:

Y'all funny in here.

You get immediately disqualified from top MC discussions when you get the kind of help Drake has gotten.

I look at him the same way I look at Ye pre TLOP, just an amazing artist and curator of talent.

Ye has produced classics for himself and others though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom