🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Nah man. Hearing a southern accent is fairly common in the US, even when not in the South. I live in the DMV and I know a lot of oldheads who sound like they're straight out of Biloxi Mississippi

Hearing a U.K. accent in the states is not common, unless it's from watching a supervillain character in a TV show.

People from the UK don't even have the same currency as Americans. It's not culturally similar at all. Americans have far more in common culturally with Canadians than the British (hence why Canadian artists can more easily cross over)
Not true at all. Both parties have an affect in terms of Culture in parts of Canad, but the Brits are much more similar in culture to the Canadians as opposed to Americans. The dudes are rapping and masking their accents which is how they are able to "crossover". I work with someone who is from the south and didn't know until she burst out the accent on me and then turned it off. I know it's hard for many of you wrap your heads around, but there is more to life than Murica. Get with it or get left.

Last edited:
Are people really in here complaining that a Drake album is soft? I swear this album for some people is the first time they ever heard Drake and were expecting Jeezy.

Are people really in here complaining that a Drake album is soft? I swear this album for some people is the first time they ever heard Drake and were expecting Jeezy.

It's not soft if you take the soft songs out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is his best work since IYRT to me. That and More Life are the only Aubrey albums I have more than 4 songs saved from.

Nah man. Hearing a southern accent is fairly common in the US, even when not in the South. I live in the DMV and I know a lot of oldheads who sound like they're straight out of Biloxi Mississippi

Hearing a U.K. accent in the states is not common, unless it's from watching a supervillain character in a TV show.

People from the UK don't even have the same currency as Americans. It's not culturally similar at all. Americans have far more in common culturally with Canadians than the British (hence why Canadian artists can more easily cross over)
Not true at all. Both parties have an affect in terms of Culture in parts of Canad, but the Brits are much more similar in culture to the Canadians as opposed to Americans. The dudes are rapping and masking their accents which is how they are able to "crossover". I work with someone who is from the south and didn't know until she burst out the accent on me and then turned it off. I know it's hard for many of you wrap your heads around, but there is more to life than Murica. Get with it or get left.

Hearing a southern accent is only common in the US depending on where you are. A lot of people only hear it through media.

What are these commonalities that we have with Canada that we don't have with the U.K.? Artist have been crossing over for decades from both. Are you talking rap? They weren't crossing over from either.

NY and Houston aren't culturally similar. Miami and Chicago aren't culturally similar. LA and Atlanta aren't culturally similar. What would cultural similarities have to do with making music?
Bro, hearing a southern accent anywhere in the US is a hell of a lot more common than hearing a British accent.

There are southerners who've migrated all over the country, and any time you turn on your TV, radio to listen to music, watch sports etc you are bound to hear people with Southern accents. Heck, the population of the US Southern states combined is greater than the entire United Kingdom..! And a sizeable percentage of that population is black, as opposed to the UK which has a minuscule 2% black population and doesn't share the same cultural/musical history that has become entrenched in the states and birthed hip hop music.

You really can't compare the US and UK culturally when it comes to hip hop. Canada has commonalities with both, but the biggest factor is that England is across the ocean several time zones away whereas they share an open border with the US and their preeminent city (Toronto) is tied into the East coast of the US economically and geographically. That's why you see more artists from Toronto able to break into the American rap music scene.

Last edited:

Hearing a southern accent is only common in the US depending on where you are. A lot of people only hear it through media.

What are these commonalities that we have with Canada that we don't have with the U.K.? Artist have been crossing over for decades from both. Are you talking rap? They weren't crossing over from either.

NY and Houston aren't culturally similar. Miami and Chicago aren't culturally similar. LA and Atlanta aren't culturally similar. What would cultural similarities have to do with making music?
Bro, hearing a southern accent anywhere in the US is a hell of a lot more common than hearing a British accent.

There are southerners who've migrated all over the country, and any time you turn on your TV, radio to listen to music, watch sports etc you are bound to hear people with Southern accents. Heck, the population of the US Southern states combined is greater than the entire United Kingdom..! And a sizeable percentage of that population is black, as opposed to the UK which has a minuscule 2% black population and doesn't share the same cultural/musical history that has become entrenched in the states and birthed hip hop music.

You really can't compare the US and UK culturally when it comes to hip hop. Canada has commonalities with both, but the biggest factor is that England is across the ocean several time zones away whereas they share an open border with the US and their preeminent city (Toronto) is tied into the East coast of the US economically and geographically. That's why you see more artists from Toronto able to break into the American rap music scene.
That's cool. So why would that hinder them from doing hip hop?

Running the project back for the second time. Jorja Interlude is a nice one. Love that house beat on Passionfruit man.

That's cool. So why would that hinder them from doing hip hop?
It doesn't. There are plenty of prolific UK rappers.

Their current brand of hip hop won't appeal to American rap music fans though, for the reasons I talked about.

Loyle Carner will rap circles around your favorite rapper and he's British. Stormzy will punch your favorite rapper off his Segway . You're way too big for your boots.

Last edited:
FYI

Take this for what it's worth

Project was trimmed down to be near 80 minutes - for purposes of generating physicals and etc in the future

Left off tiller, Abel, a khaled track and sneakin and 2b1s among a couple others

FYI

Take this for what it's worth

Project was trimmed down to be near 80 minutes - for purposes of generating physicals and etc in the future

Left off tiller, Abel, a khaled track and sneakin and 2b1s among a couple others

Damn

Sure he was trying to avoid a double disc ordeal but this could've perfectly been split into Disc 1 of his solo songs, Disc 2 all the features

Damn

Sure he was trying to avoid a double disc ordeal but this could've perfectly been split into Disc 1 of his solo songs, Disc 2 all the features

He wasn't trying to avoid the two discs much as he was genuinely not going to do CDs for this at all. This is where the 30 songs came from and at one time it was legit going to be 30 songs, but the Label stepped in.

Well at least there's word that a Tiller and Weeknd feature exist. Hope they leak somehow or get released before his next project.. who knows when his next project will even come out

I was really hoping that UK dude Dave would be on here. That remix with Drake is dope.

I'm really liking this album minus a few of the UK tracks lol. Do not disturb is immaculate to my ears

Back
Top Bottom