🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Originally Posted by glasses

ghost put it perfectly:
"I think I killed errybody in the game last year man"? Pardon me son? Word? You mean the same year that Kanye dropped another classic album in...while yo overrated %$% uhhh....DID NOT? That year b? You mean the year when %#$*$% predicted you was gon do a milli the first week out n you did 450k instead...n then a few days later Eminem dropped n he did like 750k in HIS first week n kept YOU from gettin back to the top of the charts? The same year that Em n Jigga won all the Grammys YOU was spose to take home? THAT year son? Oh.
I don't hate drake. He just is corny and delusional and can't let his absurdity slide

But you're gonna download his album and listen to it anyway, if you haven't already
grin.gif

Honestly I don't know how some of you can get through this album with drake singing.
grin.gif
saying that.... tml>>>>>tc

edit: kendrick killed it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

My assessment of the album…Drake fan by the way, but unbiased (if that's possible)

Very good piece of work. Sonically, it's right there as album of the year. It sounds great, and you can tell its well put together and that he worked to actually craft an entire album and not just 19 songs and threw them together.

It's better than thank me later, but thank me later has more hits. Regardless, and I was having this discussion with my brother, he rapped better on Thank Me Later. That being said though, I enjoy the combination of Singing and rapping on most of his verses now. I think that's what separates him from the rest of the rappers in the game today, and that's what makes him to me the best artist in the game today. I think that had he just rapped, and didn't sing, he would just be another typical "good/decent rapper" because he only tells his life, his stories. He doesn't choose to diversify his lyrics ala a 2pac, or even a J. Cole, who tell the stories of not just themselves, but of others as well. As a result, his raps are really shallow…really really shallow. That was no more apparent than on this album.

I enjoyed it though, thought that the album as a whole is a good 8.5/10. If you're looking for anything other than typical drake though, then you probably won't like it. This is drake's finest piece of work, and the proper sequel to So Far Gone. Just real music about his life. I also really liked the fact that he didn't give you the typical 12 to 14 track album, there are 19 tracks on this album, 21 if you count the two almost full length interludes. And that's not including Free spirt, Dreams Money Can Buy, Club Paradise, and Trust issues which all could have been on the album imo. So there is a lot of material.

Standout tracks to me:
Shot For Me
Hate Sleeping alone
Marvin's Room
Good Ones Go
Lord Knows
Doing it Wrong
The Ride
Crew Love
The Rid
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

My assessment of the album…Drake fan by the way, but unbiased (if that's possible)

Very good piece of work. Sonically, it's right there as album of the year. It sounds great, and you can tell its well put together and that he worked to actually craft an entire album and not just 19 songs and threw them together.

It's better than thank me later, but thank me later has more hits. Regardless, and I was having this discussion with my brother, he rapped better on Thank Me Later. That being said though, I enjoy the combination of Singing and rapping on most of his verses now. I think that's what separates him from the rest of the rappers in the game today, and that's what makes him to me the best artist in the game today. I think that had he just rapped, and didn't sing, he would just be another typical "good/decent rapper" because he only tells his life, his stories. He doesn't choose to diversify his lyrics ala a 2pac, or even a J. Cole, who tell the stories of not just themselves, but of others as well. As a result, his raps are really shallow…really really shallow. That was no more apparent than on this album.

I enjoyed it though, thought that the album as a whole is a good 8.5/10. If you're looking for anything other than typical drake though, then you probably won't like it. This is drake's finest piece of work, and the proper sequel to So Far Gone. Just real music about his life. I also really liked the fact that he didn't give you the typical 12 to 14 track album, there are 19 tracks on this album, 21 if you count the two almost full length interludes. And that's not including Free spirt, Dreams Money Can Buy, Club Paradise, and Trust issues which all could have been on the album imo. So there is a lot of material.

Standout tracks to me:
Shot For Me
Hate Sleeping alone
Marvin's Room
Good Ones Go
Lord Knows
Doing it Wrong
The Ride
Crew Love
The Rid
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

That's what makes him different but his voice is not strong, very weak singing voice. Rhymes on this CD are his worst yet. He is a pop artist now, definitely not a singer or rapper in my book

is it me or when i keep seeing drake album cover i keep thinking hes holding a chicken leg
drake-take-care.jpg

mad.gif
i hate illusion i keep falling for it everytime i see this

Over My Dead Body
Crew Love
Marvins Room
Doing It Wrong

Take Care >> TML. This is the Drake I want to listen to..

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Standout tracks to me:
Shot For Me
Hate Sleeping alone
Marvin's Room
Good Ones Go
Lord Knows
Doing it Wrong
The Ride
Crew Love
The Rid
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

That's what makes him different but his voice is not strong, very weak singing voice. Rhymes on this CD are his worst yet. He is a pop artist now, definitely a singer or rapper in my book

And? Drake's doing things his way and is getting fame, sales, and critic praise for the work. That's alot more to say than the obscure, message-board rappers that some people on this board worship.

Let the man cook. If you don't like the music there are plenty of other artists to listen to.

For those who care and watch rap battles, Drake came through to a King Of The Dot event to watch the DNA vs. Dizaster battle and put up $3000 ($1500 for each battler) then talked about the battle in the last 2-3 minutes of the video. It's an hour long which is crazy haha but yeah.

Originally Posted by jm2000

Originally Posted by glasses

Originally Posted by jm2000

BP3 and WTT were mediocre at best tho ..
laugh.gif
BP3 was mediocre. Take into account that that's his 11th album. Drake was mediocre out the gate.

if WTT was so mediocre then why did the Kings weezy and drizzy scrap their collab album?

Simple. Drake knows weezy is garbage and doesn't wanna do a full album with him.
swing and a miss. Lil wayne as a whole >  Drake

He realized he/they have no chance of standing as competition

conclusion: drake is talking out of his @## in interviews right now to sell albums. he doesn't even believe what he's saying

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

For those who care and watch rap battles, Drake came through to a King Of The Dot event to watch the DNA vs. Dizaster battle and put up $3000 ($1500 for each battler) then talked about the battle in the last 2-3 minutes of the video. It's an hour long which is crazy haha but yeah.
Shoulda made a separate thread this was a great battle. Also Drake mentions at the end that this was the reason why he didn't shoot Future's video.

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Shoulda made a separate thread this was a great battle. Also Drake mentions at the end that this was the reason why he didn't shoot Future's video.
This event happened on Nov 5th and the Tony Montana video was released in October so I doubt it was because of the Future video. I'll make a separate thread right now though.

Bought the album and I really love it. Make Me Proud and Headlines are the only songs I had heard before listening to the album in its entirety.

The subject matter on Practice is odd, but sonically, it's a good song. I just don't like The Motto. Everything else is dope. Crew Love and Take Care may be my favorites at the moment.

If there's a version of We'll Be Fine without Birdman talking, please, let me know.
laugh.gif
!#%#%'s voice ruins it for me.

This is a great album. Top to bottom.

$&*% is just so easy to ride out to at night. Love the whole sound of the project.

Is it better than TML? Not sure yet. I'm one of the very few people who really holds that album in high regards.

TC is definitely 'smoother' from track to track if that makes any sense.

Look What You've Done is absolute
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Artists always pay tribute to their parents/relatives, etc. but idk, this dude does in a way where I can relate to it the best.

Putting it in prospective, (Take Care7.5/10) 
Top 5 Tracks: 1.Lord Knows 1a Motto 2.Headlines 3.Over My Dead Body 4.Doing it Wrong 5.Crew Love.
** MR/Buried Alive didn't make the top 5 because Marvin's Room sucks(never been a fan).
Make me proud- Nicki CLEARLY out shined Drake.
Best Cameo: Ross in Lord Knows. Worst Cameo: Lil Wayne Hyfr (trash)
The middle of the album is very average: (excluding cameras which is NICE) We will be Fine, Look what You'v Done, Practice and Hyfr all song I'd be fine with not hearing again.

This would make for a great EP if he cut down on some of the songs. +*$!@ just to long @ 80 minutes.

Originally Posted by LB510

Putting it in prospective, (Take Care7.5/10) 
Top 5 Tracks: 1.Lord Knows 1a Motto 2.Headlines 3.Over My Dead Body 4.Doing it Wrong 5.Crew Love.
** MR/Buried Alive didn't make the top 5 because Marvin's Room sucks(never been a fan).
Make me proud- Nicki CLEARLY out shined Drake.
Best Cameo: Ross in Lord Knows. Worst Cameo: Lil Wayne Hyfr (trash)
The middle of the album is very average: (excluding cameras which is NICE) We will be Fine, Look what You'v Done, Practice and Hyfr all song I'd be fine with not hearing again.

This would make for a great EP if he cut down on some of the songs. +*$!@ just to long @ 80 minutes.

Really?  Look What You've Done is one of my favorite songs on the album, beat is simple and smooth, and the lyrics are on point
pimp.gif
.  Probably the deepest song on the album...

Back
Top Bottom