🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Maybe. I'm just not losing sleep over it when it's always the "filler" ones and allegedly almost everyone does it. Not like I would care anyways. If this same thing happened to one of the hippity hoppity people I would feel the same.

Not saying “lose sleep over it” (why would you :lol:) It’s fine if you enjoy the music. He got some bangers. He’s undefeated in Karaoke.

Just sating his credibility as a rapper/writer has truly been shot. That is ok, if you simply just enjoy the music.

We can’t call it filler, when it’s proven he has writers. And hold Drake only to “timestamp songs” as him being such a great rapper (when we don’t even know if he wrote those too :lol:, yall thought mob ties was him).

All I’m saying.

Ehhh it's not just those. Those are just the examples I gave. I would still wager that the majority of stuff is sole Drake penmanship. Is it 100%? At this point obviously not, but the main thing that's happening is using the small minority to discredit everything

Well that's a huge part of the art form. It's akin to plagiarizing in media or passing off a theory or idea as your own where it's clearly not.

The claim that he makes along with the masses where he's the best in "the game" in the form of rap; he's not qualified to make or be in that space.

Ye never made the claim to be the best rapper which Aubrey does time and again and when you have a preponderance of evidence that you don't write your stuff, that's a bad look no matter how you slice it.

Maybe. I'm just not losing sleep over it when it's always the "filler" ones and allegedly almost everyone does it. Not like I would care anyways. If this same thing happened to one of the hippity hoppity people I would feel the same.
The Quentin Miller tracks are filler now?

honestly seems like a pop star to me and that’s perfectly fine. i listen to a lot of pop too. my daughter loves it. and its no surprise that a pop artist would appeal to everyone in this way especially with a team of writers and artists creating his music.

i just think its ridiculous when people want to put him in any conversation with any other rappers. like i dont think you seriously listen or have listened to rap music if you really put him up there (not saying you do this).
and that’s why i dont gravitate towards his music especially with the braggadocios rap stuff. it’s insulting my intelligence.

honestly seems like a pop star to me and that’s perfectly fine. i listen to a lot of pop too. my daughter loves it. and its no surprise that a pop artist would appeal to everyone in this way especially with a team of writers and artists creating his music.

i just think its ridiculous when people want to put him in any conversation with any other rappers. like i dont think you seriously listen or have listened to rap music if you really put him up there (not saying you do this).
and that’s why i dont gravitate towards his music especially with the braggadocios rap stuff. it’s insulting my intelligence.

Well said. Just had this convo in one of my group chats.
It really is insulting to the culture by mentioning him with guys like Jay, Kendrick, etc.

Ya'll remember this :lol: :smh:

1716938433547.png

For the people that call him a industry plant this would be exhibit A

This song was and is terrible :lol: Drake’s legacy keeps getting undone the more reference tracks come out IMO, and I’m a Drake fan. Post 2015/Views era, the quantity output sped up a lot and we started getting a lot more filler IMO. I appreciate what Drake does for music but he’s oversaturated himself in exchange for “living on the charts”.

I think at a certain point it became less about legacy and accolades within the culture, and more about business/numbers. Hard to say what a lot of artists would do in that position but Drake has definitely reached a point where you can break up his eras and notice the shift in what the focus is within the music.

Who are we to say anything though, the formula has worked all this time, if ain’t broke don’t fix it :lol:

Random as hell but I would have loved to lead the creative direction for the Honestly, Nevermind videos. There was a lot to build on from that album and I guess cause of the initial reception, the legs for it came and went. Sticky deserved a Matrix-esque video IMO

I honestly don't care. I think I'm supposed to care,. but I just don't. I probably take music a little less seriously now than I used to, but I really just want to hear good songs, at this point. I don't care how they get made.

Related aside: I've always hated Mob Ties.

Unrelated aside: Honestly, Nevermind might just be my favorite album from him--not the best but my favorite to listen to.

Copium

it was rumored that this track was scheduled to drop around the same time as the diss tracks were released, but the label called it off because drake would look soft as hell.. so she dropped the track with lil nas x first

Back
Top Bottom