🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

My dude is out in Caribana , he rocks with eighty81 pretty heavy and they rock with OvO. He said one of his dudes told him that (who was told by someone in OvOi guess) . Sounds like just he say right now, but I will be pissed if this happens and I miss out on it :lol:.

So nothing Drake has released thus far are singles.

First Single to be released tuesday titled "Hold on, We're Going Home" feat. PartyNextDoor and produced by him as well.

So everything he's put out thus far very well may NOT be on the album. That's dope as hell. Love the strategy.

Drake dont mess with 'Ye so I'd be surprised.
drake-kanye-studio.jpg

Drake dont mess with 'Ye so I'd be surprised.

That's initially what I thought, but then I thought well maybe their "beef" is something "WE" (the consumers) created . Just because they haven't rocked with eachother publicly in some years doesn't mean they're beefing. Maybe all those subliminals we hear are towards somebody else :lol: but idk.......... Don't really think Kanye will be there regardless :lol:

there's no subliminals though.  people reach.

drake's only "real" industry beefs recently have been with common and the weeknd and future.

and he squashed every single one of those immediately, even working with the latter two and saying there was no animosity.

Last edited:
there's no subliminals though.  people reach.

drake's only "real" industry beefs recently have been with common and the weeknd and future.

and he squashed every single one of those immediately, even working with the latter two and saying there was no animosity.
Speaking of which, what happened to the song at 5:04
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

The Weeknd actually said that there were NEVER problems, and that he and Drake just let people let their imaginations run wild. Their issue was probably never big enough to be called a "beef". Hell, the only substantial fuel for there ever being problems was that J. Cole Best Buy video where they bought all the copies of Born Sinner there and Drake picked up ONE copy of The Trilogy as an after thought right before they went to the register.

All Me isn't the single

SKEEVerified account‏@djskee
Tuesday Aug 6th Drake's 1st official single “Hold On We’re Going Home” is dropping... have a feeling he'll be premiering @ OVO fest tomorrow

The Weeknd actually said that there were NEVER problems, and that he and Drake just let people let their imaginations run wild. Their issue was probably never big enough to be called a "beef". Hell, the only substantial fuel for there ever being problems was that J. Cole Best Buy video where they bought all the copies of Born Sinner there and Drake picked up ONE copy of The Trilogy as an after thought right before they went to the register.
Ehhh here's the thing about that.  Drake all but STARTED the beef talk with all the tweets his team was posting aimed directly at The Weeknd -- they weren't subliminals because they were pretty direct and coincided with his signing a deal elsewhere -- and then when Drake wa asked about it he said something along the lines of "I don't bother thinking or talking about anyone who isn't OVO and that's all I'll say.  People make decisions and do what they think is best for them."

He then 100% dropped the ovoxo from all his blogs/websites/tweets etc.  But now there was never any issue?  Ok.

It was a silly dispute to begin with and something that SHOULD have been squashed quick, but it was real.  He and The Weeknd pretending it was them laughing at everyone else now is like girls in high school who post up photos everyday like "BFFs forever, nothings ever gonna come between me and my main b!tch!!"  Then they argue over a dude or something ******ed, beef for two weeks, then are eating lunch together again.  Straight catfighting.

Fair enough. But for it to be a beef, wouldn't it have to be between both parties? What you're describing is just Drake reacting to information that The Weeknd said he told him from the get-go. He was clearly hurt, but that doesn't really seem to quite be a "beef". That's like saying Wale has beef with Tiara Thomas for signing elsewhere, and slightly commenting on it in an interview with Hot 97.

I think it's more like when Wale and Cudi had beef.  Cudi was the only one that publicly addressed it calling Wale wack, Jay and Kanye don't **** with him musically etc., I think all Wale really said in response was

7554.jpg

7555.jpg

but there was definitely hurt feelings and animosity there.  So not beef in the sense of nas and jay, but beef in the sense of "i don't currently like that person but I'm not going to do anything about it and I'll let it blow over."

Cudi and Wale did a track together a year later.

Wale took indirect shots back in those tweets though. The closest thing The Weeknd said to that was on Kiss Land when he said, "And I ain't got no friends/ Got XO in my blood work," and it's reaching to even make that line a shot at Aubrey.

Drake & Mase? not sure what to make of that, but Mase is still the originator of the lazy flow and braggadocious raps so... :lol:

Whelp u heard it here first
laugh.gif
Gotta give credit where it's due
pimp.gif
.  Any word on if they'll appear on the album as well?  A Kanye beat would be appreciated, Show Me A Good Time was my favorite beat from TML.  I don't care for Mase, I'd actually prefer he not appear on the album in any way, shape, or form...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom