🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Not sure why people think this is wack. I'm barely even in this thread because I'm not that big of a Drake fan.

I wasn't that impressed by Take Care.
But c'mon... I gave this album a few objective spins and I can literally feel the growth in his music.

Obviously there are a few fillers, but the man made an album with GOOD music.

Singing, rapping, whatever you wanna call it. It's obviously not a great "rap" album, but its a good "music" album. The guy is growing on me, he's so skilled in different ways. The way he changes his flow from song to song, the way he transitions from singing to rapping, it's one of a kind.

Again, I'm barely in this thread so you should know I'm keepin it real. It's okay to say this isn't your cup of tea, but how can you say this is dull or boring music? It has melodies, hooks, beat changes, solid production, catchy lyrics...

I mean. Not an A+ album by any means, not even close to perfect. But how can you not say that he has progressed since Thank Me Later? That album was hot garbage compare to this. TML was a bunch of random beats with random topics and no cohesion.

This album SCREAMS cohesion.
That's all I have to say.

I don't have a problem with anyone not liking it, some people loved TML and I did not. But to not acknowledge at the very least his progression as an artist in these 13 tracks just conveys blind hate. You can't listen to these tracks all the way through and not at least say he has grown as an artist. You may not like it, but he has.

And I give him props on that.

Solid album, ill give a rating after a few more days of spins.

Good post. I like what I heard from some of the previously released tracks, and this may be the first Drake album I buy for myself instead of for my sister. May.

i gotta disagree i do think this album is his grand moment, your comments also kind of prove that..... at this point he only competing with him self. Havent seen him cover a whole album so well since so far gone.

This whole Drake is for the ladies things needs to end. His ratio of straight rap tracks about general subjects to songs about women is like 6 to one. He makes as many tracks about women as most rappers do, the main difference is that his songs about women are authentic, don't feel forced, and don't suck. Fab makes three girl songs per album, he's not for the ladies.

guess im the only person feeling 305 to my city, play it in the whip maybe minds will change. But its this albums stripper song (practice)

Naw, I also like it. And coincidentally, first time I listened to the album was this morning in the car.

Yeah but if ye doesn't rap well, doesn't produce virtually anything, he doesn't sing well....what is ye actually good at? Serious question.

I think drake is an underrated rapper because people ignore all his rap records and say he's here for the ladies. He rapped a lot on take care and rapped even more on this album.

Ye raps/content = B -
Ye production/co production (as of late after WTT) = B +
Ye artistry = A +

I like what Drake did with Take Care I just feel he is out shined in other areas in Hip Hop and what he does the best doesn't cater to me.......and thats making love/female tracks

I will say he one of the top guys of the "new elite class" of hip hop but I think Kendrick is about to pass him

Kendrick has the lyrics, the street edge/respect, and even building a female fan base thanks to Poetic Justice & the Miguel/Robin Thicke songs

Yeah but if ye doesn't rap well, doesn't produce virtually anything, he doesn't sing well....what is ye actually good at? Serious question.

I think drake is an underrated rapper because people ignore all his rap records and say he's here for the ladies. He rapped a lot on take care and rapped even more on this album.

Ye raps/content = B -

Ye artistry = A +

I like what Drake did with Take Care I just feel he is out shined in other areas in Hip Hop and what he does the best doesn't cater to me.......and thats making love/female tracks

I will say he one of the top guys of the "new elite class" of hip hop but I think Kendrick is about to pass him

Kendrick has the lyrics, the street edge/respect, and even building a female fan base thanks to Poetic Justice & the Miguel/Robin Thicke songs
But none of Drakes best work has stemmed from the songs about women/"simping" theyre just the most publisized tracks for some odd reason. Its really not what hes best at, hes a grade A rapper IMO, but people just get stuck on the girl songs for the fact that he does that well also which can only be said for a few rappers. Songs about women in rap are rarely great, and the fact that hes one of the few that can make them great is working agianst him in this aspect. The drawback to being multifaceted I guess.

I've said it before, but I only listen to rap music. My ipod is 96% rap music at this point, no other genre of music interests me. The closest thing that comes to R&B on my ipod is Drake, and thats cause his product is top notch.

Last edited:
This is Drakes only commercial album that I like. Still got some soft raps in there but it's musically sound

Ye raps/content = B -
Ye artistry = A +

That's just it though. Drake's best records aren't the ones that cater to the ladies. Most popular? Sure but they sure aren't his best. This is exactly why I say he's underrated as a rapper.

And my point with ye was simple. You gave ye's rapping a b- which is too high IMO. Half of his raps on yeezus was flat out cringeworthy, especially considering his status in hip-hop. But aside from that, what does he do well? The production isn't even him. He doesn't produce. I think he gets a pass for being all into fashion and having "artistic" artwork but I'm sleep though...

Album is a solid 8/10 to me. Few records on here I already know I'll skip. But besides that this a dope rap album. Best one of the year.

This album is nice. Basically what I expected based on the stuff he's put out lately. I didn't like Take Care cuz dude starts his album saying he killed every rapper in the game last year then most of the album is R&B. He's doing more rapping on this but he really ain't rapping about ****.

I love Tuscan Leather, Too Much and Pound Cake/Paris Morton Music 2. That _ Jay did some damage on that beat. Dude even shouted out Cam. :lol:

This whole Drake is for the ladies things needs to end. His ratio of straight rap tracks about general subjects to songs about women is like 6 to one. He makes as many tracks about women as most rappers do, the main difference is that his songs about women are authentic, don't feel forced, and don't suck. Fab makes three girl songs per album, he's not for the ladies.

:rofl:

Come on, you don't even believe that. He's got way too many estrogen filled tracks. His "womanly" content is above and beyond Fabolous or whatever other rapper you're going to listen to. Some of his songs sound like they could have been ghost written by a female. It's well known he makes music for women and there's nothing wrong with that. It's been working for years and he's selling a high amount of records because of it. White girls love him because he's light and jewish, black girls love him because he's light and black. This kid will make a lot of money for years to come.

how you look calling someone out by creating a new name to hide behind?
laugh.gif
Plot twist: This is my first account.

Last edited:
Nah he's far beyond any other rapper with the tracks about women; both in quality and quantity.

I have given this album a couple solid spins and imo this is his best album so far. I always thought dude was talented but I only enjoyed about half of the songs from his first 2 albums. However, this album is cohesive as hell and has him rapping like he's inspired again. Maybe only 3 songs at most I really can't get down with but every other song is at least good or better. Will be the first Drake album I cop.

Last edited:
Definitely a step down. Somebody had a really good line in here about him telling us he's the best but forgetting to show us. That's what I got too.

There's a lot more bravado than we're used to. But, what I think is special about him is his lack of bravado and tendency towards honesty (which is what's called him being soft or emo). And I get that this may be how he's feeling right now. But, it's how everybody in rap feels (unrightfully so, in most cases) Drake is actually in position to talk this kind of ****. It just seems a little empty when he does.

He usually lets you in his mind, what's behind the party, what's happening when he's not "Drake" and this time, he was in character for the majority of the album. Even his interactions with women are based around his fame here. He's famous when he's with them and there's no regret about it. He tries to act like it shouldn't matter. His emotions seem a little more cookie cutter than usual. And, I guess, that *is* honest. And, I guess that *is* his life right now. But, it's pretty unappealing to listen to.

As said, there's no feeling in it. It just exist. I really like 4 songs and don't dislike any. But, I don't love any either. I don't have the urge to just play them over and over. It's one of those albums that you kind of skim through for the duration of its life.

Really big fan of son. But, this one just wasn't it for me. And this is actually good. But, just kinda...regular. Kinda empty. He has brilliant moments on here. But, overall, he missed. And he doesn't miss. It's weird.

or maybe i am. might hit me different when I'm somewhere else in life.

Last edited:
You can't take an opinions seriously if someone has the artists as their avy... aka Antidope.
Guess you didnt mess with the Kendrick thread when GKMC dropped then. Cause Maroon Ford Windstars were all over Niketalk when that album dropped. So many people have artitsts as their avys on here, matter of fact, the vast majority of avis are of what people deem to be public figures. Guess we should write those people off whenever they step into a thread about a subject that pertains to their avi?

My avi is doing nothing in terms of me being objective about this album. It was Jay Z until until 13 hours ago and I was stating the same opinions about Drake and this album before that. Nothing about my posts would change if I were to go back to said avi.

Stop it 5, we're all rational adults here, comments like this dont do anything but hinder discussion.

roll.gif

Come on, you don't even believe that. He's got way too many estrogen filled tracks. His "womanly" content is above and beyond Fabolous or whatever other rapper you're going to listen to. Some of his songs sound like they could have been ghost written by a female. It's well known he makes music for women and there's nothing wrong with that. It's been working for years and he's selling a high amount of records because of it. White girls love him because he's light and jewish, black girls love him because he's light and black. This kid will make a lot of money for years to come.
Make me Better? Trade it All? Making Love? Are we doing this right now? Fab has been doing the same thing for years, except that people dont pay attention to his girl songs as much as Drakes mainly becuase way more girls think Drake is attractive and are letting his songs play into their fantasies and what have you.

Nah he's far beyond any other rapper with the tracks about women; both in quality and quantity.
He is, I definitely cosign. He is on a list of a select few of rappers where I actually listen to thier songs about women.

i block antidope as soon as i step into the music section.
The hell is this? Lol what do I do in terms of music forum posts that other people dont? Please enlighten me becuase there are several others who are giving opinions very similar to mine in here.

Last edited:
Definitely a step down. Somebody had a really good line in here about him telling us he's the best but forgetting to show us. That's what I got too.

There's a lot more bravado than we're used to. But, what I think is special about him is his lack if bravado and tendency towards honesty. And I get that this may be how he's feeling right now. But, it's how everybody in rap feels (unrightfully so, in most cases) Drake is actually in position to talk this kind of ****. It just seems a little empty when he does.

He usually lets you in his mind, what's behind the party, what's happening when he's not "Drake" and this time, he was in character for the majority of the album. Even his interactions with women are based around his fame here. He's famous when he's with them and there's no regret about it. He tries to act like it shouldn't matter. His emotions seem a little more cookie cutter than usual. And, I guess, that *is* honest. And, I guess that *is* his life right now. But, it's pretty unappealing to listen to.

As said, there's no feeling in it. It just exist. I really like 4 songs and don't dislike any. But, I don't love any either. I don't have the urge to just play them over and over. It's one of those albums that you kind of skim through for the duration of its life.

Really big fan of son. But, this one just wasn't it for me. And this is actually good. But, just kinda...regular. Kinda empty. He has brilliant moments on here. But, overall, he missed. And he doesn't miss. It's weird.

or maybe i am. might hit me different when I'm somewhere else in life.
I feel like it's more of a side step then a step down. Everything you said is on point, big fan as well and for his talent I still expect a classic from him. This isn't it, and now he's 3 albums deep. The album is fire, but he didn't hit the bar he set for it. 

he's an actor what do you expect? 

he doesn't know what it's like to be cool by being yourself,

this dude needs material things and money to make him feel good, he's playing the part of what "HE" thinks people want him to be like in order to be cool.

Back
Top Bottom