🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Really dislike "Own It" and "Worst Behaviour"

Upon first full listen album didn't grab me like Take Care did... I remember the transition to songs had me like :wow: then Lord Knows came on and I lost it...

He's making good music. Just not what I expected/Looking for... Can't wait to give it more spins tomorrow see how if it grows on me.. But I know FORSURE so far those are the two songs I like the least

da whole production on this album sounds like "oooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOoooooooooooo...SHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhSHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHhhh"

like da whole album b. :lol:

its cool, i know da replay value ain't there for me though...trippy *** warp sounding beats, super mario drain pipe status.

:rofl: :rofl:

Not eem' gonna lie From Time is getting the most plays right now...something about Jhene Aiko's voice gets me every time
She sounds heavenly. She was great on Cole's joint too.
Still can't believe Big Sean sang over her
mean.gif

Really dislike "Own It" and "Worst Behaviour"

Upon first full listen album didn't grab me like Take Care did... I remember the transition to songs had me like
eek.gif
then Lord Knows came on and I lost it...

He's making good music. Just not what I expected/Looking for... Can't wait to give it more spins tomorrow see how if it grows on me.. But I know FORSURE so far those are the two songs I like the least
The funny part is those are the two sings I occasionally loop back to back.

Whole album is greatness.

Anyone find that "From Time" really reminds them of "Come Winter" from Comeback Season days?

Last edited:
See what I don't understand is the reasons you guys don't like Cudi, you laud Drake. You love Drake's vulnerable image. Cudi is that x10 and he does it without sounding like a female.

You like Drake for growing and experimenting with new sounds, but **** on WZRD and Indicud.

You love Drake for rapping and singing....Cudi does both, better.

People were loving all the subliminal homages to Wu-Tang on Wu-Tang Forever. Cudi actually has a song with a Wu member.

Cudi's visuals >>> Drake's

Cudi's commitment to timeless music >> Drake's

Cudi's continued humility through success >>> Drake's

In my honest opinion MOTM I and II are better than Drake's whole body of work.

Cudi experiments with way more flows when he raps. Drake's flows have pretty much stayed the same.

Sooooo why do you guys not like Cud?

Last edited:
See what I don't understand is the reasons you guys don't like Cudi, you laud Drake. You love Drake's vulnerable image. Cudi is that x10 and he does it without sounding like a female.

You like Cudi for growing and experimenting with new sounds, but **** on WZRD and Indicud.

You love Drake for rapping and singing....Cudi does both, better.

People were loving all the subliminal homages to Wu-Tang on Wu-Tang Forever. Cudi actually has a song with a Wu member.

Cudi's visuals >>> Drake's

Cudi's commitment to timeless music >> Drake's

Cudi's continued humility through success >>> Drake's

In my honest opinion MOTM I and II are better than Drake's whole body of work.

Cudi experiments with way more flows when he raps. Drake's flows have pretty much stayed the same.

Sooooo why do you guys not like Cud?

:stoneface:

Cudi is emo and garbage :smh: after day and night he is a waist of time

Two people can have similar traits and one absolutely suck at it while the other persons great. I've never heard anything from kid cudi and flight something besides "wow this is terrible", it's that simple with me.

He's done enough to garner a sizeable fanbase so clearly he's doing right in the eyes of many, but not mine.

That Pound Cake beat bruh......

Last edited:
:stoneface:

Cudi is emo and garbage :smh: after day and night he is a waist of time

Cudi is not for everybody

Cudi is a artist favorite artist

just like Currensy is a rappers favorite rapper

I would recommend a music junky/fanatic Kid Cudi

if you just listen to hip hop and a few other genres here there then you probably would call it garbage

SMH at the Kid Cudi hate in here. I'm taking Cudi's singing and rapping over Drake anyday.

Back to Drake, it is good to see a few people in here wake up and realize Drake's average *** lyrics. Can't believe how much credit he gets for his Jeezy/Gucci type bars at times :lol:

Cudi is not for everybody

Cudi is a artist favorite artist

just like Currensy is a rappers favorite rapper

I would recommend a music junky/fanatic Kid Cudi

if you just listen to hip hop and a few other genres here there then you probably would call it garbage

I listen to many kinds of music and especially hip hop and I think cudi is garbage if you like him cool but he doesnt have any stand out songs to me besides day and night

Last edited:
Cudi makes great music but he's nowhere near as good of a rapper as Drake. The problem is Drake rarely shows how good of a rapper he is. As far as singing they're about equal.

So I've been waiting all day to get in and post this thread after work.

First note, being repetitive doesn't equate to cohesiveness. The album sounds like one big song. Not in a good way. The stands out are outside of drake IE (hov, jhene aiko, sampha, production)

I've gave this album a lot of thought and consideration.

My thoughts in the nut shell are this, drake got away from what made him good. I like artist because I can either relate to them or they portray something in their music that I'd like to incorporate into my personality.
When so far gone dropped I was in high school and I remember thinking I wish I was confident enough to indulge in my feelings in women like that and discuss them, so I absorbed it.

When TML dropped I wanted to be confident as a person that could transcend platforms and coexist in a world that was foreign to me(Canadian rapper in American limelight.)

When Take Care dropped, I was going through a bad break up so songs like Marvin's room, take a shot for me really resonated.

With NWTS I don't see anything I can relate or wanna strive for in the music. A large portion of the album seems like a big letter begging Rihanna to come get back with him.
HOWGH? He wants that stuff played at weddings? The reason she probably acts different is because a pimp named slick back is around the corner.
For the rapping portion? I swear son always does this, he leaves the best songs off the album. Free spirit, I'm on one, 5 am in Toronto.

Leading up to the album he talked the talk like he was going to show everyone the throne was his for the taking, and I believed him to. There's nothing to show for it here with most of the raps being braggadocio material.

And this is where I think drake got away from what him good. Instead of saying look at me I'm the best, there's so many angles he could've took to prove otherwise. He could've talked about how loyal he is, his family issues, insightful stuff that people can relate with on a human level. The high light of the album for me was too much when he did exactly that.

Best way I can summarize it is this, he became too Americanized. I appreciated the dude who was from Toronto and put him self out there for the world to judge/relate/watch grow. Towards the later part of the career it seems like he's embraced the whole stereotypical gotta brag that I'm the best with nothing to show for it. I'm aware that rap is a boa****l sport, but it was nice seeing a dude who created his own path.

/end of rant.

Cudi made anthems though. Like LEGIT CLASSIC ANTHEMS.

I probably like both equally, but to me Cudi's top 10 songs are >>>>>> Drake's top 10 songs.

Jay z does not stand out on this cd lol...he could have easily been left off. Pound cake is terrible for a jay z and drake collab

Drake got another one. The album is what I expected to get this time out. I really don't have too many complaints. Will be purchased Tuesday for sure

Back
Top Bottom