🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Cudi made anthems though. Like LEGIT CLASSIC ANTHEMS.

I probably like both equally, but to me Cudi's top 10 songs are >>>>>> Drake's top 10 songs.

I'm a pretty big Cudi fan, seeing him on Saturday actually. I'd definitely agree with this statement, but I'd still take Drake as a rapper. Like makes great songs IMO, but he can't rap that well :lol:

Cudi just makes feel good music, Dose of Dopeness is a prime example, Cudi aint saying anything on that track, but it always puts me in such a good mood.

Light Up > Pound Cake

song is ok but something doesn't seems organic about it. Light Up has a way better vibe and it's more solid IMO. maybe it's the content behind it, in Pound Cake they are pretty much rapping about nothing. in Light Up they are rapping about fame and how it's consumed them.

Last edited:
Album is ok nothing special. Along with MCHG and Yeezus 2013 has been a huge disappointment for major releases.

Last edited:
I respect what Drake is doing I really do, and I understand his place in hip hop/pop music is all his own and there are a lot of imitators and disciples, but I personally can't make it to the end of Tuscan Leather before I can't listen to this anymore. Not for me.

Cudi can't sing or rap, but I'll let you stans have that one. I don't like this album, but its absurd to compare the two especially when straight rapping.

Furthest thing is 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

"I still been drinkin on the low.....mobbin on the low...."

I respect what Drake is doing I really do, and I understand his place in hip hop/pop music is all his own and there are a lot of imitators and disciples, but I personally can't make it to the end of Tuscan Leather before I can't listen to this anymore. Not for me.
double post

Last edited:
really?.... I thought Tuscan leather was perfect for the intro of the album I'm just glad is less singing on this album! As much as I liked take care, he went overboard with the singing.

really?.... I thought Tuscan leather was perfect for the intro of the album I'm just glad is less singing on this album! As much as I liked take care, he went overboard with the singing.
I mean Tuscan Leather is OK but once Furthest Thing starts going I'm like aw man and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

so on repeat listens im listening to the intro, knowing whats coming, and refusing to continue

Will be adding in 5am in Toronto somewhere in my tracklist just as I did with Take Care when I added in Free Spirit, Club Paradise, and Dreams Money Can Buy.

Two more "5am in Toronto's" on the album and that would have evened everything out perfectly.

Album is solid. After three spins I really dig it. Tuscan Leather, Too Much and Pound Cake are the standouts for sure for me. Own It sucks until the second half and Worst Behaviour gets better but there is no saving 305 to my City. That song is terrible anyway you play it. A bad song is a bad song and that song is really bad. Not sure I'd put this album over Take Care but definitely a good album that will get some play. Now waiting for JT's album to finish off this year right.

You are not alone. The first time, I struggled to get through the entire song. I can' listen to that **** again. Mediocrity at it's finest.

I don't know what people expect from Drake, he's never going to make a strictly rap album.  This man is not NAS, not Jay, not Eminem.  Every project he makes will have a combination of singing and rapping, that's his brand and honestly he's the best in the game doing it by far.  When he spits, he spits, and when he wants you to take a look from another perspective he sings to get you thinking.

As far as the hate for this album I can only see hate coming if you were expecting a RAP album.  This is a music album, and a great one at that.  Drake crosses the Hip Hop/R&B over as only he can.  All songs on this project have great beats, melodies, of course not all have great lyricism as you would expect to hear persay "It Was Written."  He switches up flows and patterns throughout the album which makes it easy for me to listen to it straight through (That Wu-Tang Forever pattern is dope).  The album does have great unity as stated before with songs flowing seamlessly, other than "Started From The Bottom."  He had to put that on here with it being a top 10 hit.

Favorite cuts are Pound Cake/PMM 2, Wu-Tang Forever, The Language, Tuscan Leather, & Furthest Thing.

Too Much and From Time will be soon to flood your local radio stations...

Album gets an 8.5/10

One of the better post in here. For some reason I felt he and some of the reviews off the album gave the false impression that it was less singing and more rapping on this album. The first few listens really through me off. Than I thought to myself. "hey, this is the same guy whos first project was So Far Gone"... A part of me was thining this album would be filled with 5 AM and Underground Kings type tracks...SMH After getting over it, I'm starting to really enjoy the album more. I have 4.5 /5 for Take Care. Not sure what rating I will give this.

The Cudi hate is unprecedented. Every Cudi album including WZRD has been solid.

He is light years ahead of Drake in every sense. But I guess since he doesn't get played on the radio he must not be good. You stans need to get off your knees and open your ears to good music.

I am a Cudi fan. Hell I think both MOTMs were classics. I loved AKNC but Drake raps circles around Cudi and its not even close. Every facet of Emceeing Drake is light years a head of cudi. But the Cud makes impeccable music. Indicud still disappints though.

Back
Top Bottom