🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I cant even listen to the album in its entirety because I keep replaying Pound Cake, Come Thru, Too Much and Wu-Tang Forever...

This album feels more like a mixtape to me tho...

I'll give it another week before I give it a complete review...

Lyrically, it is not standing out but I am feeling the production

My initial reaction off of the first spin... NWST > BS

Also happy I haven't heard Wayne on any tracks 
smokin.gif

why do you have a genre tab when you only listen to rap/hip hop
I'm very anal about my iTunes and its orginazation. Every song has proper artist tiles with no "Ft" in the artist name that goes in the song title, arranged by album, and genre. I started to do it by year but it felt pointless.

Plus it helps me do the math.

4349 songs on my iPod

4160 of them being rap music.

95.6%. Nothing else enters these ears

I'm very anal about my iTunes and its orginazation. Every song has proper artist tiles with no "Ft" in the artist name that goes in the song title, arranged by album, and genre. I started to do it by year but it felt pointless.

4349 songs on my iPod

I was very good at doing this for awhile, then lost track of it after just DL/buying so much music overtime. And I've only had itunes since early 2012. I'd have to dedicate a handful of uninterrupted days to fix all of that

That damn Paris Morton Music 2 beat, **** rides so much :smh: :smh:

I'm very anal about my iTunes and its orginazation. Every song has proper artist tiles  with no "Ft" in the artist name that goes in the song title, arranged by album, and genre. I started to do it by year but it felt pointless.

4349 songs on my iPod

I was very good at doing this for awhile, then lost track of it after just DL/buying so much music overtime. And I've only had itunes since early 2012. I'd have to dedicate a handful of uninterrupted days to fix all of that

That damn Paris Morton Music 2 beat, **** rides so much 
mean.gif

mean.gif
I've gotten so used to doing it now, as soon as I add a song to iTunes I properly sort it. I cant stand using other peoples iPods that arent like this you basically have to search by song title, cause artist just doesnt work and sometimes they dont even sort the albums properly.

"Yo I thought you had MGHC on your ipod, wheres FWMYKIGI?"

"Oh you gotta search under Jay Z ft. Rick Ross"
indifferent.gif
 times 100,000

my itunes is probably 70% organized the way i want it to
ohwell.gif

but if theres anything i am anal about, its the bit rate
I just started paying attention to this stuff this year. Before I was never concerned about it, NT actually put me on to what was going on. It actually does make a difference especially when you have over ear headphones, you hear more stuff and it eliminates all of the white noise.

I cant even listen to the album in its entirety because I keep replaying Pound Cake, Come Thru, Too Much and Wu-Tang Forever...

This album feels more like a mixtape to me tho...
I'll give it another week before I give it a complete review...
Lyrically, it is not standing out but I am feeling the production
My initial reaction off of the first spin... NWST > BS
Also happy I haven't heard Wayne on any tracks :smokin

:pimp: :pimp: :smokin :smokin

I'm very anal about my iTunes and its orginazation. Every song has proper artist tiles with no "Ft" in the artist name that goes in the song title, arranged by album, and genre. I started to do it by year but it felt pointless.

That damn Paris Morton Music 2 beat, **** rides so much :smh:  :smh:

I've gotten so used to doing it now, as soon as I add a song to iTunes I properly sort it. I cant stand using other peoples iPods that arent like this you basically have to search by song title, cause artist just doesnt work and sometimes they dont even sort the albums properly.

"Yo I thought you had MGHC on your ipod, wheres FWMYKIGI?"
"Oh you gotta search under Jay Z ft. Rick Ross":stoneface:  times 100,000

:lol: :rofl:

I was expecting more after listening to the songs he released this summer

Really thought he was gonna **** the game up

He's comfortable at the top and played it safe

Last edited:

4349 songs on my iPod

nah b.

You not anal enough about you're music at all if you stop putting the year in there bc it 'feels pointless' 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
My son Aubrey could've easily used the whole alphabet
"A, B I got your cd, you get an E for eFfort, G,
I rank it HI, nah J/K
it sounds like it should be on LMN later today
but Oh, please be on your Ps and Qs
but I know you grew up on easy ST you didn't pay your dues
bring your sun block cause my future is bright
it has mad UV rays cause my stuff is tight
what's in store for my future will DoubleYou,
my X callin me like Y did I see you
pull off with that girl I dont like in that brand new Z?
I string letters together baby, that's the G in me... Blah blah blah"

As someone mentioned, the production on Acid Rap was simply phenomenal, especially for a mixtape. His voice gets annoying but Chance put in work on that project.

Initial impression....joint is hot trash

would like it if i had a vagina

but an hour long cheesy pick up line doesn't appeal to me

Songs that I love: n/a.
Songs that I really like: the language, come thru, all me,
Songs that I like: furthest thing , own it, too much (chorus sucks tho)
Songs that i kinda like: connect, worst behaviour, 305,
Songs that are OK: Tuscan leather, started from the bottom, hold on we're going home, pound cake
Songs that will be deleted/I'll be OK if I never hear them again in life: from time, wu tang

Last edited:
Don't know why I've been sleeping on Pound Cake, song has been in my head all day :lol: :pimp: ...

Every time Hov goes on about cake it is so :wow: :x :x and NOT in a good way :rofl: Song is nice though, I actually really like the album and I dont really get down with Drake's singing but dude knows how to put songs together. Not the best this year, Born Sinner is better than this to me, like if Cole had this production his cd would be even more :x :x :wow:

But Drake has really NEVER spit about anything other than saving girls/strippers , his life, money. thats why most of his tracks sound the same so I'm not surprised...he doesn't ever try and go deeper with his versesand give a social commentary or speak on an issue like Cole and Kendrick do. Which is fine, but it kinda limits his scope but the singing element he includes kinda masks it bc I don't think drake could make a quality hip hop album with only singing on hooks, he'd have 5 songs about the exact same thing :lol:

Had some cake in the morning, thats a breakfast cake :stoneface:
Jay cant be giving bars of similar quality to this :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom