🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I wouldn't sat that there's anything about rap as a genre I don't like, however there are certain subjects I don't like hearing about, that's as far as I would go but those apply to anywhere not just in my music.

You Don't Know us the best song on HoF

I agree except Born Sinner. I don't know why people actually think J. Cole appeals to a wide audience. The people who bought Born Sinner are usually true hip hop heads or soon to be, he's not some kind of emotional rapper who even makes that many songs dedicated to women nor even puts them into the equation. Maybe people think this because he's light skinned.

Bruh j.cole outsold Kanye ****** West.... his audience is way bigger then true hip hop heads

Honestly, I'd say there was more replay value to Hall of Fame.

...i've probly listended to H.O.F about 10 times all the way through...n theres no way it has more replay value than NWTS....if u compare track to track even....every1 has there own opinions....

btw Big Sean's 1st album was waaaay better than H.O.F.

Bruh j.cole outsold Kanye ****** West.... his audience is way bigger then true hip hop heads
Aiight then, even though I really do think it has more to do with Kanye being a rebel and trying to be revolutionary so the people who wanted to hear an actual rap album bought Cole instead. Whatever, my main idea still stands

You deleted Toyota Music, You Don't Know, and First Chain, but kept MILF?

-The beat to Toyota Music makes me cringe.
-You Don't Know, not my type of music.
-First Chain :smh: the amount of disappointment I have for this record. Think the beat is horrific. NaS is in my top 3 and I'm a big Cudi fan but this song is the definition of disappointment.
-MILF is hilarious. I love Big Sean's verses on this record. Deleted Juicy J's pointless verse

After a ton more spins of the album, I used to skip these songs but now I find them 
pimp.gif

Worst Behavior 

305 to my city 

I still think Own It is the only track I actually skip.
eyes.gif

Last edited:
I have to disagree with anti about Hip-Hop being the best Genre to listen to. Hell no :lol: as a whole, it's stale repetitive, and doesn't have the ability to actually connect with the listener. Most people when listening to Hip-Hop nod their heads to the beat, and don't even pay attention to the lyrics, because the lyrics are straight ****. Srs. Sure there are Drakes, Coles, and Kendrick's who are able to make that connection through the music like other genre's do, but as a whole? Hell No.

I like Sean's album, the replay value isn't that high though. Minus a few records, I still play Detroit more than HoF. I think he's underrated though. I've literally seen the same people praise Drake and **** on Sean when they are actually very similar. You Don't Know, Milf, Nothing is Stopping you, Fire, Ashley, All Figured Out, records I still bump from it,

And I do agree with some of you that Drake does have those spaces where he's spitting a bunch of empty bars. Does that a bit frequently on this NWTS. Didn't have as many of these moments on Take Care. I think it comes from the fact that he wasn't working through some type of emotion during NWTS as he was on Take Care. When homie is actually going through something and has some **** to talk about, he's awesome because he doesn't reach for metaphors and punchlines, he just spits and delivers. It's when he has nothing to talk about is where he gets in trouble, because then he actually tries to rap and comes up with a bunch of struggle, filler bars. (Metaphors and "Punchlines" are sooooo played out in Hip-Hop anyway)

All in all, it's a dope album minus a few songs that I don't like. A lot of what he's talking about is surface material and shallow, but he does well. Only album that may be better than this this year imo is Born Sinner. Take Care was better than me after listening to NWTS all week.

Last edited:
Pound Cake is so dope. :pimp:

Tuscan Leather, From Time, Connect, Too Much, Pound Cake are the only joints I can still play from this album.

Last edited:
drake only actually spit for like 30% of the album. There are no O_O type songs on the album either. People love worst behavior but...wtf. "remembuh!? .... muhfugga never loved us! muhfugga. remembuh!?" wwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the **** is this dude talkin about? who... what th.. forget it smh. this whole album is filled with lines that dont make sense and shallow googled-myspace quotes from 2005 aimed at women who have alot of failed relationships. the hardest song on the album is either paris morton 2 or all me. which is sad. hopefully the grammys go by actual skill, impact, and content for hiphop album of the year so kendrick gets it (remembuh!? his album didnt make the cutoff last year, its in THIS years running)

drake only actually spit for like 30% of the album. There are no O_O type songs on the album either. People love worst behavior but...wtf. "remembuh!? .... muhfugga never loved us! muhfugga. remembuh!?" wwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the **** is this dude talkin about? who... what th.. forget it smh. this whole album is filled with lines that dont make sense and shallow googled-myspace quotes from 2005 aimed at women who have alot of failed relationships. the hardest song on the album is either paris morton 2 or all me. which is sad. hopefully the grammys go by actual skill, impact, and content for hiphop album of the year so kendrick gets it (remembuh!? his album didnt make the cutoff last year, its in THIS years running)

That

m0epl.gif

The nice thing about NWTS is that it's all Drake. There's no weak *** guest rappers. Jay is the only actual guest star and that's a huge plus in my book. When I buy an album I want to hear that artist, not a weak compilation album. He did it right. Yes there's a few weaker songs but he actually made a DRAKE album. I have to applaud him for that.

:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

"drake only actually spit for like 30% of the album...."
Allathat.

The problem is this guy gets a pass because sonically his music "sounds" good. Is this supposed to be a rap album, but there are no memorable lines. Is it suppose to be an R&B album? because he doesn't set the bar high for singing. Is it a hybrid? Because it's a jack of all trades, and a master of none.

I have to disagree with anti about Hip-Hop being the best Genre to listen to. Hell no :lol: as a whole, it's stale repetitive, and doesn't have the ability to actually connect with the listener. Most people when listening to Hip-Hop nod their heads to the beat, and don't even pay attention to the lyrics, because the lyrics are straight ****. Srs. Sure there are Drakes, Coles, and Kendrick's who are able to make that connection through the music like other genre's do, but as a whole? Hell No.

I like Sean's album, the replay value isn't that high though. Minus a few records, I still play Detroit more than HoF. I think he's underrated though. I've literally seen the same people praise Drake and **** on Sean when they are actually very similar. You Don't Know, Milf, Nothing is Stopping you, Fire, Ashley, All Figured Out, records I still bump from it,

And I do agree with some of you that Drake does have those spaces where he's spitting a bunch of empty bars. Does that a bit frequently on this NWTS. Didn't have as many of these moments on Take Care. I think it comes from the fact that he wasn't working through some type of emotion during NWTS as he was on Take Care. When homie is actually going through something and has some **** to talk about, he's awesome because he doesn't reach for metaphors and punchlines, he just spits and delivers. It's when he has nothing to talk about is where he gets in trouble, because then he actually tries to rap and comes up with a bunch of struggle, filler bars. (Metaphors and "Punchlines" are sooooo played out in Hip-Hop anyway)

All in all, it's a dope album minus a few songs that I don't like. A lot of what he's talking about is surface material and shallow, but he does well. Only album that may be better than this this year imo is Born Sinner. Take Care was better than me after listening to NWTS all week.

This entire convo is void due to exactly what you just posted. Everyone will not adapt to or enjoy the same music someone else would.

I am a fan of Drake's music, but I'm also real. My friend and I were talking about the album, Cole's album, and this is what he text me. Made me do the "Alonzo mourning gif."

"Yo, Drake has peaked. What saves him is that it's a super high peak. That and that sonically, him and 40 make rap music that's soothing and easy on the ear. But unless Drake makes a drastic change, dude is gonna continue to put out the same stuff. NWTS is the last time Drake will be above Cole. Cole is far less repetitive and he's still getting better. He's just now making songs like Power Trip. From Power Trip, to records like Crooked Smile, conceptually he's a lot better than Drake. It's like he try harder and care more. He's closing the gap.

Drake's decision to talk about his life instead of just making great songs with various concepts is gonna hurt him in the long run. It started with NWTS.His next album what is he gonna talk about? The same ol' **** if in all likelihood. Now is this exact? Definitely not. Oliver 40 and Drake very well may figure it out they're masters at what they do and have figured it out, shooting 95% from the field right now. But as it stands now, Drake's story is getting old, to me at least. Stillg reat songs, but that's where it stops"

This NWTS album for me is getting boring quick :\ Every song sounds the same. Nothing new, kind of stale. He's talented, so he'll always make "Good Songs," but they'll be completely empty. I loved Take Care and still do. This? Not so much. I like a few songs, but that's it. Drake's content has always teetered on shallow, but this is realll shallow :lol: the only reason why I don't prefer TML over this is because TML had too many features. I know for a fact a year from now i'll be playing like 4 songs from this :lol: and i'm probably the biggest Drake fan on this board tbh.

This entire convo is void due to exactly what you just posted. Everyone will not adapt to or enjoy the same music someone else would.

Man what are you talking about :lol: I've stated what you said numerous times in this thread. Not only that, I was addressing a comment that I disagreed with. Music is subjective, which opens it to disagreements. In that same passage I stated "IMO" g. What are you even getting at :lol: ?

YOU made a statement that hiphop is Stale, repetitive, and it doesn't connect with the listener like other genre's do. When in reality the whole convo of one genre being better than another is useless.

YOU made a statement that hiphop is Stale, repetitive, and it doesn't connect with the listener like other genre's do. When in reality the whole convo of one genre being better than another is useless.

Man that's my opinion though :lol: I literally said a few pages ago that "In my opinion Hip-Hop is limited as a genre" what's wrong with having that stance on Hip-Hop? It's just my opinion :lol:

Also, I never said any genre was better than the others. I simply stated what I felt were the pitfalls that come with most Hip-Hop music.

I am a fan of Drake's music, but I'm also real. My friend and I were talking about the album, Cole's album, and this is what he text me. Made me do the "Alonzo mourning gif."

"Yo, Drake has peaked. What saves him is that it's a super high peak. That and that sonically, him and 40 make rap music that's soothing and easy on the ear. But unless Drake makes a drastic change, dude is gonna continue to put out the same stuff. NWTS is the last time Drake will be above Cole. Cole is far less repetitive and he's still getting better. He's just now making songs like Power Trip. From Power Trip, to records like Crooked Smile, conceptually he's a lot better than Drake. It's like he try harder and care more. He's closing the gap.

Drake's decision to talk about his life instead of just making great songs with various concepts is gonna hurt him in the long run. It started with NWTS.His next album what is he gonna talk about? The same ol' **** if in all likelihood. Now is this exact? Definitely not. Oliver 40 and Drake very well may figure it out they're masters at what they do and have figured it out, shooting 95% from the field right now. But as it stands now, Drake's story is getting old, to me at least. Stillg reat songs, but that's where it stops"

This NWTS album for me is getting boring quick :\ Every song sounds the same. Nothing new, kind of stale. He's talented, so he'll always make "Good Songs," but they'll be completely empty. I loved Take Care and still do. This? Not so much. I like a few songs, but that's it. Drake's content has always teetered on shallow, but this is realll shallow :lol: the only reason why I don't prefer TML over this is because TML had too many features. I know for a fact a year from now i'll be playing like 4 songs from this :lol: and i'm probably the biggest Drake fan on this board tbh.

Nothing but truth in this man. Rock clap gif. I know music is subjective, but this makes me feel like how some of the people were acting with the elitist yeezus reviews. I'm having a hard time grasping this and understanding how people are moved by this, saying it's the album of the year, his best work out yet etc

Back
Top Bottom