🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

It shouldn't be, Hov had to get Samsung involved to go plat and Ye wasn't even close to going plat first week. Only artists who are going plat first week are JT, Taylor Swift, Adele and Gaga. Maybe Miley Cyrus

Can't even defend my guy on that one :lol:

Dude said Kendrick is ruining relationships, like na b, you the only one who caught feelings over the verse besides all the irrelevant NY rappers.

yea its like the guy who is cool with everybody and all about equality and camaraderie as long as he is looked to as the leader.....if someone jumps ship then its a problem. basically made an attempt to black ball kendrick by asking "who would work with him"...trying to put ideas in people's heads after they all said it was in the spirit of competition.

Based on the fact that you can actually hear what Ferg is saying renders this 1000 times false :lol:
:x...better than Pound Cake? Too Much? Started From The Bottom? It's not even better than All Me. Hell, it's not even better than HYFR :lol:

Yeah but I don't feel ferg like that lol

Honestly I think NWTS will get better reviews in time. Joint grew on me during the week

I must've burned Worst Behavior out my memory quickly, cause that's probably the hands down the worst song on here. It really does just sound like arbitrary noise, like when a garbage truck unloads trash

Nah, you're right. Song was horrific. Him being loud and talking tough, song is awful. Own It, Tuscan Leather and Connect were sent to the trash after third listen
:If you're calling those trash what songs do you like? Cause those are two of the standouts. Being serious I'm curious.

Also if anyone has read any good reviews post those, and whenever that dude in the glasses who reviews like every album ever made reviews this, post that too.

Furthest Thing (First half only)
Started From the Bottom (my favorite rap record of his)
HOWGH (smooth as ****, beat, vocals and lyrics)
The Language (I liked it first but it got old to me)
305 to My City :smokin
Too Much
Come Through (favorite joint)
The Motion (Better than 90% of the standard album)

I'm a Drake supporter. Like I've said I like his progression as an artist. Have said plenty of good things but man... Ima keep it real.

Drake sounded like a real vagina talking about Kendrick's Control verse. Why the hell is he so butt hurt? :lol:

"Boo hoo... Sad story." (Drake voice)

Seriously. Why is he crying? Insert NWTS Tissue Box picture. Dude said "it just doesn't seem real"... Since when are rap verses real? Since when is everything you say real? Is what you were doing in that Hold On video real? You a goon brah? You got ak's in the basement?

Jus sayin. He came off as such a big baby man. It's rap. Cole, Sean, push, ASAP, they all understood that. No one mad but him and weak millz.

If he stopped sounding so sensitive it would be easier to take him serious as a rapper. Not tryna hate...just keepin it real.

my take on in is that drake feels he's in the top spot and kendrick used a cheap tactic to try to over take the top spot

no one else took offense because they're all popular but not in the #1 slot

for a week drake felt like a second place artist

and yes he sounded hurt about it and very gina like

Furthest Thing (First half only)
Started From the Bottom (my favorite rap record of his)
HOWGH (smooth as ****, beat, vocals and lyrics)
The Language (I liked it first but it got old to me)
305 to My City
smokin.gif

Too Much
Come Through (favorite joint)
The Motion (Better than 90% of the standard album)
Thanks for the response, seriously, I'm always looking to see if theres a common theme of what songs people like and dont like when it comes to albums, its interesting to me.

Today was the first day I sat down and listened to this in complete silence, not rapping along or anything, and I came out puzzled that people were saying that this wasnt lyrical. Its not lyrical in the Kendrick Lamar lets get super technical and play with syllables sense of the word, but hes definitely painting great pictures with his words and makes it easy to put yourself in his shoes/reminds of you of times you've been in similar situations. Effective storytelling and imagery is as important as technical lyricism which he isnt even substandard at to begin with.

I'm convinced some of y'all ain't really out here doing fly **** like that the way y'all talk about music. Like how can you not relate to the energy? I'm worried

You hit the nail on the head, g.
Musically this **** is insane and Drake let off verses that are better than 90% of the game right now.

I feel like Drake described most people that hate on him in one line on Lord Knows.

"I don't make music for ****** that don't get ***** so those are the ones I count on to diss me or overlook me"

Effective storytelling and imagery is as important as technical lyricism which he isnt even substandard at to begin with.

The weird thing is, he used to be top-tier in my opinion in terms of technical lyricism around Comeback Season. I feel like his change was a conscious decision.

Musically this **** is insane and Drake let off verses that are better than 90% of the game right now.

I feel like Drake described most people that hate on him in one line on Lord Knows.

"I don't make music for ****** that don't get ***** so those are the ones I count on to diss me or overlook me"

That ether for the haters on the net

Effective storytelling and imagery is as important as technical lyricism which he isnt even substandard at to begin with.
The weird thing is, he used to be top-tier in my opinion in terms of technical lyricism around Comeback Season. I feel like his change was a conscious decision.
Totally agree, and I would say that its more related to the subject matter of most of his music now. I listened to Comeback Season from start to finish about a month ago and I realized that there a lot of "Songs about Nothing" compared to the music that Drake puts out now. By nothing I mean songs where theres no defined direction in the songs, I'm sure you guys know what I'm driving at. Compare those with songs like Connect and From Time where theres a clear topic/theme and a point hes trying to make. With those I feel like he's much more concerned with getting the point of the story across than attempting to wow people with his technical skills which is what leads to things like singing in the middle of songs and what have you. 

You can still see that hes still as good as he ever was when he drops his songs about nothing like 9 AM in Dallas and 5 AM in Toronto, he has no topic and is just rapping to rap.

Dude brought his A game on NWTS. Take Care was amazing on the first listen but this album needed a few spins before I knew it was official.

Royally ****** up by not having SFTB drop in May/June IMO would have been the summer anthem​

no surprise

he does it every year

didn't have an album ready to follow best i ever had

gave away better songs to other artists during thank me later and didn't put 9am in dallas on the album

same thing with take care, im on one was a huge song and he gave it away and didn't drop the album soon after

This **** is boring and I'm trying my hardest to like it. I'm a Jay Stan and even pound cake sounds terrible. I've never been this far out of the zeitgeist before cause clearly so many people like it but this ain't even as good as Room for Improvement.

I'm listening to upper echelon I mean the language just waiting for the beat to drop.nothing ever happens. Album sounds like one long song.

I can understand if you like it but ****** is really acting like its better than first 2.other than the 2 singles there's nothing that stands out.

I'm convinced some of y'all ain't really out here doing fly **** like that the way y'all talk about music. Like how can you not relate to the energy? I'm worried

I really love when ppl use this excuse as to why someone doesnt like something about Drake.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom