🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

"A young G got the Weapon on me / slice up work like pepperoni "

"The police still arrest the homies / no statement no testimony"

"SPIT IN YOUR FACE WIT EXTRA BOGGIE"

"It's my time, I don't flex a Rollie / I'm on cloud nine and that's extra cozy."

"Front row jacket, tailor made / crackhead swipe wit the razor blade / red umbrella when I make it rain / my whole team winning we don't play a game / sound like me but they ain't the same / see them online trynna fake the fame / they wanna bust jokes, they think I'm Damon wayans"

Second verse drops off with quotables, but son was flowing on this beat. His flow elevated the actual lyrics IMO.

That's Baka on Gyalchester.

I didn't mind Skepta and Giggs on here. Giggs last couple of bars on KMT is going to get crews around the world hype as **** :lol:

Thought it might've been, fixed :lol:

My biggest complaint about Giggs on KMT is that the Batman line was practically begging to be a flow switch-point. You can't end like that, man. Shaving off like 4-5 of his earlier bars and speeding up the flow after the Batman part would've taken his verse from "eh, alright" to :pimp: for me.

I didnt mind the Skepta but Giggs verses were terrible .. not a good spotlight for UK hip hop overall

Hate to say it, but this UK hip hop wave will have a hard time taking off in the states because of their accents. Something about a British accent doesn't sound authentic for doing hip hop music lol.

I can name a multitude of R&B, Soul, rock etc artists from the UK that have produced some classic stuff that I love. But when it comes to the hip hop side of things, it just doesn't work imo.. it is quintessentially an American artform, particularly African-American

Last edited:
I didnt mind the Skepta but Giggs verses were terrible .. not a good spotlight for UK hip hop overall

Hate to say it, but this UK hip hop wave will have a hard time taking off in the states because of their accents. Something about a British accent doesn't sound authentic for doing hip hop music lol.

I can name a multitude of R&B, Soul, rock etc artists from the UK that have produced some classic stuff that I love. But when it comes to the hip hop side of things, it just doesn't work imo.. it is quintessentially an American artform, particularly African-American
People said that about southern rappers. Their production and style of flow dominated for years through various iterations.

dasjlsdndalknsdldsa; check a sumn'n

as;jdfkahsdkjasdlksd; mess a sumn'n

saduisfdoaidja;kfsdasd; bress a sumn'n

geditdid dirty dirty

geditdid dirty dirty

People said that about southern rappers. Their production and style of flow dominated for years through various iterations.
Southern what? Southern United States. I know that hearing Southern accents on a hip hop beat was initially offputting to some East Coast rap purists, but come on.. these dudes are rapping with the Queen's English accent ! lol

The UK is a completely different nation with a different history, a different culture, a different currency even. I don't know if that can be reconciled to blend with the American hip hop culture, it's not like we're talking about the difference between NYC rappers and Atlanta rappers to where folks can still relate on certain cultural/sociopolitical levels.

Last edited:

Southern what? Southern United States. I know that hearing Southern accents on a hip hop beat was initially offputting to some East Coast rap purists, but come on.. these dudes are rapping with the Queen's English accent ! lol

The UK is a completely different nation with a different history, a different culture, a different currency even. I don't know if that can be reconciled to blend with the American hip hop culture, it's not like we're talking about the difference between NYC rappers and Atlanta rappers to where folks can still relate on certain cultural/sociopolitical levels.
Why are you disregarding your statement? You said a British ACCENT doesn't feel authentic for American hip-hop. This was the same sentiments given towards southern US rappers. And yes the accents were that different. A Nawlins accent vs New York accent is just as extreme if not more than a U.K. accent vs New York accent.

How you have a song called free smoke and two songs later a song called passion fruit!!?

That **** lite!!

Dawg that "LOOK AT EM BRESS..." throw me off everytime 
roll.gif

I almost like the verse now just for comedy purposes 
laugh.gif

Why are you disregarding your statement? You said a British ACCENT doesn't feel authentic for American hip-hop. This was the same sentiments given towards southern US rappers. And yes the accents were that different. A Nawlins accent vs New York accent is just as extreme if not more than a U.K. accent vs New York accent.
Nah man. Hearing a southern accent is fairly common in the US, even when not in the South. I live in the DMV and I know a lot of oldheads who sound like they're straight out of Biloxi Mississippi

Hearing a U.K. accent in the states is not common, unless it's from watching a supervillain character in a TV show.

People from the UK don't even have the same currency as Americans. It's not culturally similar at all. Americans have far more in common culturally with Canadians than the British (hence why Canadian artists can more easily cross over)

Last edited:
If they really wanted to go the London route shoulda thrown my guys Krept and Konan on there..they woulda worked much better with Drake :pimp:

And you cant really compare UK rap and American rap even if you pointing at "trash" like young thug, thats a whole different world/accent/lingo/life ova there its gon be hard to catch on round these parts

Last edited:
Broke both records. Yikes.

More Life is dope, man. This is definitely going off until it gets cold again. I'm going out this weekend just to hear it with the people.

Nah man. Hearing a southern accent is fairly common in the US, even when not in the South. I live in the DMV and I know a lot of oldheads who sound like they're straight out of Biloxi Mississippi

Hearing a U.K. accent in the states is not common, unless it's from watching a supervillain character in a TV show.

People from the UK don't even have the same currency as Americans. It's not culturally similar at all. Americans have far more in common culturally with Canadians than the British (hence why Canadian artists can more easily cross over)
Hearing a southern accent is only common in the US depending on where you are. A lot of people only hear it through media.

What are these commonalities that we have with Canada that we don't have with the U.K.? Artist have been crossing over for decades from both. Are you talking rap? They weren't crossing over from either.

NY and Houston aren't culturally similar. Miami and Chicago aren't culturally similar. LA and Atlanta aren't culturally similar. What would cultural similarities have to do with making music?

Drake going to be the first ***** with deals with Spotify and Apple. :smh: :lol:

Guy is on a wave right now man, can't really do anything but respect it and enjoy the ride.

Nothing better than watching someone at the top of their game in any medium.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom