🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I'm not saying Kanye is bowing down to Drake right now. What I'm saying is that Drake is set up to drop an album ever year till 2028 if he wanted to. Kanye has to admire that because he hit a wall and lyrically cant do it anymore and he see someone younger effortlessly doing it

Kanye is damn near 40, it's almost impossible to be in this game at that age. Both get help with lyrics so that's a wash.

I doubt it, Kanye is a very different artist from Drake.

He was ghost producing for Puff in '98, has been apart of 90% of great hip hop albums since 2001, has an undeniably classic album catalog that is still better than Drake's if we talking quality.

Drake is a product of Kanye, he doesn't even exist if Kanye doesn't break the mold and provide the soundbed for So Far Gone to happen.

40 and Drake have said this themselves.

Is he a bigger artist than Kanye currently? Of course, he's the biggest artist in music really but so was Kanye during his peak.

If we're talking career depth, Kanye wins by far...and thats only counting production, and how each of his albums have a different yet cohesive theme sonically

If we're talking longevity, Drake is the safe bet...Kanye not bouncing back even with a classic album...he's burnt out

Drake been top 3 for the past 8 years straight

Kanye got so much classic **** under his belt between 2001-2010. :lol: He's not thinking that at all.
Yeah he tripping lol. He's acting like KANYE fell off like 50 cent or something. He in most people eyes release the better album last year (especially critics) album was pretty much in the top 40 all year (just off streams) he had a successful tour (would of actually broke Drake record if he continue the second leg by like 2 million or so). The main difference between the two is Ye produce his own stuff (and others, including Drizzy).

Drake been to inspired Ye to ever overlap him. SFG was influenced heavy by 808's.

I think Drake has learned from Ye's mistakes. If Ye never did all his controversial antics he would still be in Drake's position rn.

After a few spins I've grown to thoroughly enjoy this album, honestly.

8.5 / 10

Only songs I dislike:
Skepta Interlude
Nothings Into Somethings
Teenage Fever
Ice Melts

Quint 
nthat.gif

Those "grime" cats did absolutely nothing to make me want to check out their work.

They dropped a wide open touchdown in the super bowl.

Cringeworthy.

Eh no I don't.

But America let like six mumble rappers get on in the past three years, who say nothing but nonsense. Everyone just wants to hate the UK guys.

What? The verses were terrible what difference does it make if other wack rappers are popular?

It doesn't really "matter" but in this thread I've seen people say Young Thug had the best verse on More Life and then say the UK features were trash. That's nonsense.

I tried to not be the typical closed minded American when it came to those UK features, but them ***** were just trash :lol:

Actually, the Skepta Interlude was tolerable. I didn't mind that.

after listening to More Life i changed my top 3 albums of drizzy

1. Take Care
2. IYRTITL
3. More Life

3rd one used to be WATTBA. I really liked the songs teenage fever, glow w/ ye, and the closing track do not disturb.

Back
Top Bottom