🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

On first listen, the album was repetitive and boring af. But I'll give it another try in a few days. That jaded song solid. Only song I wanted to repeat... oh, in my feelings is solid too.

Ratchet Happy Birthday is definitely a Party song :rofl:

40 and Drake had to be watching or listening to the Drive soundtrack when they made Summer Games :lol: not mad at it

Blue Tint :pimp::pimp::pimp:

In My Feelings the one

The ending of March 14 :frown: **** is going to be powerful on tour

People are going to sleep on Don’t Matter To Me

Jaded on those late night missions
BAFE9D42-0F87-4599-B3E9-05F1E98B7EC6.png

Side B so damn good

This project is woefully mediocre. Not even 10 songs outta 24 I wanna keep. Disappointing man.

40 and Drake had to be watching or listening to the Drive soundtrack when they made Summer Games :lol: not mad at it

i thought the same thing!! Wish Christina Hendricks had more screen time tho :nerd:

first listen was deecent.. i feel this album is sooo long.. got listening fatigue on first play.. will give it a few more spins..

not bad by any means, just need a few more rotations

Peeped “Talk Up” solely cause DJ Paul produced it. Props to Paul for getting a placement on there, just wish the song in general was better. I’ve listened to a lot of recent DJ Paul solo tracks and the beats have been hit or miss outside of that first Mafia 6ix mixtape. He deserves any shine he gets from this though.

ratchet happy birthday :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i know your soft like buttercups
reeses reeses

wtf

its yo brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This album is a struggle to get through

Views & More Life sound so much better compared to this

at least those flowed seamlessly from start to finish

the rapping on here is good but after 8 out of 10 it gets real repetitive

& as for side B, where’s the Feel No Ways/Controlla/Blem/Passionfruit tier songs?

I'm genuinely tryna give this an honest listen. I'm up to summer games and overall this **** is trash. I don't really listen to Drake like that but every time a new track starts playing I get the feeling that I've heard it 10,000 times before. His sound is hella stale, there's already been like 3 tracks that sound exactly like diplomatic immunity. If I was more familiar with his work I could name names of tracks he recycled but goodness does he recycle.

It becomes painfully apparent why he jacks flows and waves so hard. Jaded just started playing and I know for a fact there's at least 5 Drake songs that sound exactly like this, I just don't know the titles.

I haven't read every post but I didn't see 21 Savage mentioned. He birthed that nonstop track. Like this is a carbon copy of 21's flow. For anyone that wonders why some people don't mess with Drake, it's because of stuff like that. His best tracks are the ones where he's imitating other rappers. He was getting off on the intro I'll say that much

Also 'I make them hos walk together like I'm Amber rose' :rofl:

Last edited:
Y’all are wildin with that AOTY talk for real :lol: . It’s pretty good for a Drake album, but overall it feels a lot of the same.

I used to love Drake but this man is getting so stale. Dude really needs to find some better subject matter. Been rapping about the same **** for 7 albums straight and it’s just feels old to me.

Wordplay was a big improvement on this album, but knowing dude has writers make it just feel non genuine. Is Drake improving or are his ghost writers improving.

Just my opinion of course, but there are way better 2018 albums. My god, you-know-who’s 7 song album is better than Drake’s 25 song double album.

“Dude has writers” man ****. He wrote on you know who’s garbage 7 song album so how u feel. I’m a big fan of both but cmon

Looks like Drake is back wearing Nike, that adidas deal probably fell through

IMO, image/branding-wise, I’m picking Nike over adidas any day

Yeah, I never. Really. Talk about **** that I wanna give you
Or places I wanna get to
Neck grab, head grab
Arch back, heart attack, cardiac
I need it nasty like, like Evil Angel, like Vivid You know, nasty like how they give it
You know, I need you to be open like Kay’s kitchen
That ***** kinda sound like waves hittin
Soothin, keep it right there, no movin
Make my way around the bases
I wanna take you to oasises
Bein honest, I don't really know what patience is
Ayy, freaky like the red leather Michael
Zombie revival, this ain’t like you
This that new you, this ain't high school (high)
I like best when you’re fresh faced and no foundation
Willin and ready for the takin
Earth-shatterin, groundbreakin
Head scarf for after our relations
No judgment is our arrangement
Make that face up if you dare
But just be prepared that I am gonna cause that lipstick to smear
And the mascara tears to run down
I always need a glass of wine by sundown
I always get your *** over here somehow
I hope that the apocalypse is the only thing that doesn't come now—well, what now?
Yeah
D5A9BCAB-80BD-4B3E-AE1B-09F6D9253A8D.gif

I'm genuinely tryna give this an honest listen. I'm up to summer games and overall this **** is trash. I don't really listen to Drake like that but every time a new track starts playing I get the feeling that I've heard it 10,000 times before. His sound is hella stale, there's already been like 3 tracks that sound exactly like diplomatic immunity. If I was more familiar with his work I could name names of tracks he recycled but goodness does he recycle.

It becomes painfully apparent why he jacks flows and waves so hard. Jaded just started playing and I know for a fact there's at least 5 Drake songs that sound exactly like this, I just don't know the titles.

I haven't read every post but I didn't see 21 Savage mentioned. He birthed that nonstop track. Like this is a carbon copy of 21's flow. For anyone that wonders why some people don't mess with Drake, it's because of stuff like that. His best tracks are the ones where he's imitating other rappers. He was getting off on the intro I'll say that much

Also 'I make them hos walk together like I'm Amber rose' :rofl:

How you hardly listen to Drake but feel like you’ve heard these new songs 10,000 times before? Also, what veteran doesn’t have a distinct sound? Pusha dropped and it was exactly what we thought it would be. When Ross drops later this year it will sound exactly like every Ross album. I’m still going to listen because I enjoy his music.

So you criticize him for having a distinct sound but also criticize him when he tries to do something different by “jacking” 21’s flow (a flow he himself “jacked”). What do you want him to do? It’s cool to just not like his music :lol:

Sidebar: Nonstop is most likely inspired by Key!.

Back
Top Bottom