šŸ¦‰The Official Drake Thread6ļøāƒ£ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Drakes approach is likely ā€œif it ainā€™t broke, why fix it?ā€
We want more artistic risks from him (myself included) but I also understand him not wanting to stray away from what has worked for him for the past 12 years. Anything outside of the realm of what he does will be panned instantly. His fan base covers wayyy too many demographics to go completely one way and not the other

We want more artistic risks from him (myself included) but I also understand him not wanting to stray away from what has worked for him for the past 12 years. Anything outside of the realm of what he does will be panned instantly. His fan base covers wayyy too many demographics to go completely one way and not the other

The thing is, with the numbers he does, he could make anything and people are going to listen.

Not that they are comparable in any sense, but look at what Tyler did to his ā€œnewer fan baseā€the younger kids who loved IGOR were so thrown off by CMIYGL and DJ Drama, dude made an album that he new some of his fans wouldnā€™t rock with, but on the contrary, a lot of folks loved it.

Call me a hater all your want, but the artist of the decade shouldnā€™t just stick to the same formula every single time.

First impressions are everything. CLB should have came with the heat off the rip. I like The Remorse and that should have been the first track. Imagine if the album started off like this:

The Remorse
No Friends in The Industry
Fair Trade
Way 2 Sexy
N 2 Deep
Love All...

The thing is, with the numbers he does, he could make anything and people are going to listen.

Not that they are comparable in any sense, but look at what Tyler did to his ā€œnewer fan baseā€the younger kids who loved IGOR were so thrown off by CMIYGL and DJ Drama, dude made an album that he new some of his fans wouldnā€™t rock with, but on the contrary, a lot of folks loved it.

Call me a hater all your want, but the artist of the decade shouldnā€™t just stick to the same formula every single time.

I see it from an artistic -v- business standpoint

You right, I agree, more artistic risk SHOULD be taken (at the time, IYRTITL was a deviation and was well received by current fans and casual listeners). From a business standpoint, Drake COULD afford to alienate maybe some of his fanbase in exchange for different artistic direction, and it wouldnā€™t hurt him/his brand/his pockets much.

Seeing how Drake loves touring (and Iā€™d assume itā€™s his most lucrative venture) I can see him playing it ā€œsafeā€ to continue to fill seats/maintain the brand

Heā€™s very aware of his perception, even being iffy about sitting down with Budden cause it wouldnā€™t be a good look for his ā€œbrandā€

I do think eventually weā€™ll get his artistic-influenced project when heā€™s at the later end of his career and it wonā€™t be as risky to experiment

Though Iā€™m indifferent about the statement, I understand the ā€˜more of the sameā€™ narrative

I think this might be Drake's best album...

BriefMistyBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

"lock the door to the bathroom bc they doin something that is not Pepsi'. When i was tipsy i couldn't figure this out smh i was thinking it was a sexual reference, now it's kinda obvious.

album of the year

I think I could understand that if he was a different artist. But based on his bars he thinks highly of himself as a artist. He seems like a go who's striving to be the best so it is kind of shocking he doesn't try to take more chances. It would seem like something easy for him to get away with since he really can do no wrong amongst his fanbase.

Still :smh: @ Drake dropping 2am est. I start work @ 8:30am est.

With that being said...I can't wait to listen when I get home :smokin.

Back
Top Bottom