09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

^^ yeah, thats been reported as well that Manny floored Porter. Freddie did mention that he will give $1000 in cash to anyone who KD's Manny... so far hesaid that he hasn't paid anyone yet

hopefully cotto wins the heads to the stands and beats the living !%#% out of that cheating BUM

and cotto better not let arum talk him into fighing him again

Ah, *%@% tomorrow's fight... Gorres is in a coma..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

hopefully cotto wins the heads to the stands and beats the living !%#% out of that cheating BUM

I still think he should be banned for life.

Originally Posted by el producto79

me too, and from what I hear outta PR is Cotto has no plans to fight Antonio ever. doesnt wanna help him in anyway earn a single dime

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

me too, and from what I hear outta PR is Cotto has no plans to fight Antonio ever. doesnt wanna help him in anyway earn a single dime

sounds like a cop out to be considering he'd be the underdog regardless..margarito beats cotto 8/10 times they step in a ring

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

I've been rocking Manny since he was that skinny crack fiend looking dude with his hair looking sun burnt from the General Santos sun and when he was just as popular as Gerry Penalosa ... but the bandwagon got too big and all those politicians and obese looking filipino-americans who don't know crap about boxing pushed me off the wagon
smh.gif
I mean, I'm not the biggest boxing fan in the world...but this line is the sums up how I feel.

You know those bums will be quickly off the bandwagon once Manny starts to fade
tired.gif
Dudes using Manny for their own political agendas, and I feel like Manny is playing right into their hands at times.
tired.gif

I mean don't get me wrong...I'll be pulling for Manny...because I'm a fan of Manny the boxer...but watch if he wins again, dudes (specially thosemeatheads in my gym) will be like "yeah I been rocking with Pac since i was in 1st grade"
laugh.gif
whatever homie...you didn't even know who Pac was till he beat the #@%% outof DLH.

Originally Posted by EdWord

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

sounds like a cop out to be considering he'd be the underdog regardless..margarito beats cotto 8/10 times they step in a ring

a cop out to what? dude pulled the biggest sin in boxing and that was loading his gloves up every since paul williams beat him. you cant sit hear and tell mehe didnt fight with bricks in his hands when he "beat" cotto

i hope that cotto doesnt fight him and if arum trys to make that fight him and his team says hell #!$*%!* no. i mean you think about it cotto could of died inthere or his boxing career been over cause of that crap and he should do arum a favorite and help one of his fighers get back on that map and have a big fightwith him? HELL NO

His career is definitely over, I just read that they had to remove part of his skull to reduce the brain swelling. That of course is sort of an after thoughsince the bigger concern is that he just makes it out of the coma period and is able to live a normal life.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

His career is definitely over, I just read that they had to remove part of his skull to reduce the brain swelling. That of course is sort of an after though since the bigger concern is that he just makes it out of the coma period and is able to live a normal life.
this is all i want. Make it out of the coma and live a normal life. If he doesn't pull through, i don't think i can ever watch boxingagain

Real depressing news to hear about Gorres' condition especially a day before one of his fellow compatriot's biggest fight. hope he pulls through but itonce again makes you realize the danger every time boxers lace up the cleto reyes/everlast and put their lives in jeopardy in that 16x16, 20x20 etc

Less than 24hrs till the fight of the year (well i hope even tho it will be hard to top Diaz v. Marquez).....
Jaygunna hit the nail on the head as far as manny's best defense is his offense. we have yet to see him fully get hit flush by a 140lb+ fighter and see hisreaction. David "slow as molasses" Diaz caught him a couple of times and sad to say had more fight in him than Hatton/DLH combined. manny tends toswing wild at times and leaves himself exposed but freddie has him sliding left or right to avoid getting countered. Cotto has all the tools to defeat Pacquiaobecause he can outbox you and has enough pop to ko him out. Cotto has fought guys with speed as people have said like Zab, Shane but manny uses his feet andtends to be off-balance when he throws that jumping straight right or those wide exposing hooks which is perfect for that cotto left. if Cotto can avoid thefurious onslaught in the 1st 3 rounds then I can see him gradually wear Pacquiao down with bodywork and perfect timing. Marquez has been Pacquiao'stoughest fights to date and Cotto fights in a similar fashion. they are both accurate, cerebral, technically gifted boxers who like working downstairs butCotto is no slouch in speed and has a pretty good chin on him.

as far as Margarito is concerned, Cotto has said that Margarito wont earn 1¢ off of him for another fight after what happened. seems like the more we find outthe more guilty of the crime he is. it has to be said if he's leaving his trainer Capetillo after numerous years together then boxing should ban themsimilar to what happen with Panana Lewis and Luis Resto (resto was even incarcerated for 2½ yrs). Margarito might have even started using it during sparringsessions which is more troubling when you're actually wearing a headguard and still cracking orbital sockets
Halloway is a familiar face, having sparred extensively with Pacquiao leading up to his fight against Oscar De La Hoya. In the interim, Halloway sparred with Cotto's sole conqueror, Antonio Margarito, who at the time was at work for his bout against Shane Mosley. Margarito's punches are notorious for their power, and during sparring he cracked Halloway's left orbital socket, postponing the 27-year-old's professional aspirations-a sparring partner's worst nightmare. The night of the Mosley fight, Margarito was caught with plaster in his handwraps, casting doubt on both his victory over Cotto and why he seemed to punch so ferociously in sparring without any speed coming behind it.
source: http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2009/1114_pacquiao_cotto/columns/sparring-partners.htmlhttp://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2009/1114_pacquiao_cotto/columns/sparring-partners.html

yet when victor ortiz says he's had enough we act like he's a vagina smh at us :ohwell: ... he had a point "im too young to taking that kind ofpunishment" he was absolutely right

Originally Posted by EdWord

yet when victor ortiz says he's had enough we act like he's a vagina smh at us :ohwell: ... he had a point "im too young to taking that kind of punishment" he was absolutely right
you're right. i admit being guilty of that and to Oscar quitting as well. So easy for us to throw insults, but its not us out there gettingour heads smashed.

I asked this in the other thread, but figured i might get a better answer here since most of u are actually real boxing fans, haha...

Does anyone know any bars in nyc showin the fight tonight?

If anybody knows any spots it's much appreciated, thanks

^ Bounce on 73rd and 2nd. I'm not sure about the cover or what not. Give em a call 212 535 2183.

I was Margarito's biggest fan before all this. I can't root for the man anymore I really hope he just stays away from the ring. But I've said allalong, I think they end up making a rematch. Call it a gut feeling.

That sucks to hear about Gorres man, I hope he pulls through.

Fight night!!!

Margarito should be banned for life. But I would love to see a fight in yankee stadium. Cotto usually fights in ny during the summer so we will see whathappens. My condolences go to homie in the coma.

Dako, any update man? I haven't read anything new the last couple of hours...

And I just caught a pic of him being carried out on the stretcher, I can't even post it. I'm hoping makes it through.

Edit: Actually found something.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Update: Following a successful surgery, Gorres will be kept in a coma for several days to stabilize his condition.[/font]

yeah, that's pretty much the last update and that they removed a piece of his skull to let the brain swelling heal.

This is the latest article as of now.

GORRES TO STAY IN THE U.S. FOR REHAB IF HE SURVIVES

By Alex P. Vidal
PhilBoxing.com
Sun, 15 Nov 2009

gorres.war.in.the.ring.150x150.jpg

LAS VEGAS, Nevada - If he survives in 24 hours, Z Gorres alias "Butchoy" will stay in the United States to undergo rehabilitation.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Philippine Basketball League (PBL) commissioner Chino Trinidad, who rushed to the University Medical Center (UMC) hospital here to check Gorres' situation,said Dr. Michael Seiss told him and Gorres' manager, Michael Aldeguer, that anything could happen in 24 hours but his chances of survival are big becauseof his age and physical condition as athlete.

Gorres, 27, a father of four, however, will have to stay in the United States for at least four to six months for rehabilitation.

He reportedly suffered a subdural hematoma and doctors drilled holes in his skull to drain the fluid in his brain.

"His brain was swelling and he was still under strict medical observation when we left at around 2:30 in the morning," said Trinidad, who is here asreporter of GMA-7 in the coverage of "Firepower" fight between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto.

Trinidad said Aldeguer, son of Gorres' original patron Antonio, is contemplating on bringing to the US the fallen boxer's family if the rehabilitationwill commence.

Trinidad said he had already informed Chito Salud, son of former World Boxing Council (WBC) secretary general Rudy, about what happened to Gorres. The fatherSalud took Gorres under his care for several years and treated the boxer, who lived at Salud's house in La Vista, Quezon City, like a son, said Trinidad.

"I'm worried about (the reaction of) my ninang Pampin (Rudy Salud's wife) because she treats Butchoy like a son," Trinidad said.

Trinidad added that Salud's and Gorres' relationship started when Antonio "Bidoy" Aldeguer, Cebu's boxing godfather, requested the formerWBC top honco to take Gorres under his wings and mold him to become a world champion.

Salud, however, decided to let go of Gorres because of Salud's health problem, said Trinidad.

Back
Top Bottom