09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Chavez Jr is a bum wat is son doin?

First fight he gets against a puncher dudes gonna be eatin leather n pickin himself off tha canvas even Naseem Hamed had better defense shockingly badperformance for somebody so highly talked about.

Dudes livin off dads name way way to much.

Great win by the Rabbi great 12 rounds of work

Peace
Scottie

so let me hear it from the PacMan haters...
tired.gif

I know yall were giggly after the 1st rd, but was pretty much suicidal thereafter.

This was an impressive victory nothing can be said about the catch weight of 145 if it were 147 fight it would've ended the same way.

Manny was impressive and those two knockdowns connected on the spot like the uppercut. Great fight for Pacquiao he did everything correct and i seriouslydoubted him beating or even hurting Cotto at all.

Manny even took some of Cotto's punches and didn't show signs of being hurt.

i don't know where Cotto goes from here says he still wants to continue boxing. Perhaps Cotto should fight the Mosley vs Berto loser?

as for Pacquiao everyone wants him to fight Mayweather which would draw huge PPV numbers, however the negotiations would be hectic.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

That new video screen is big

I wouldn't mind a Cotto decision win or KO, but I would love for Cotto to outbox Pacquiao and utilize all his boxing skills such as ducking punches like what he did in some rounds vs Margarito i know Pacquaio can't do this
pimp.gif

29bhcau.gif
but pacmans fists are basically 129890283091283x faster and angled differently

Did anyone watch Showtime Fight Camp ? I forgot to DVR it. maybe its showing on ShowOnDemand

ah damn, its on one of the Showtimes right now
pimp.gif

-Cottos' corner needs to retire -cotto won the first and third round...sadly after that knockdown it was just brutal -dear cotto....when going head huntingit shouldnt take you 5 rounds to figure out this isnt working for you....had you gon to the body it woulda made head hunting alot easier for you later in thefight -had cotto finished the 3rd and been more disciplined in the 4th (which he was winning at one point) he woulda been 3 points instead of being down3 causeof the 2 knockdowns -cotto's jab was doing soooooooo much damage....where did it go? p.s styles make fights.....remember that guys when entertaining theidea of pacman mayweather. p.s who do you guys think is a better trainer roach or roger

-cotto's jab was doing soooooooo much damage....where did it go?
I dont understand what MAC was doin or why he went away from the Jab. that *%*+ was a sledgehammer

He threw Left hook to the body a couple times that was it.

His corner
sick.gif
doesnt get much worse.

Originally Posted by EdWord

-Cottos' corner needs to retire -cotto won the first and third round...sadly after that knockdown it was just brutal -dear cotto....when going head hunting it shouldnt take you 5 rounds to figure out this isnt working for you....had you gon to the body it woulda made head hunting alot easier for you later in the fight -had cotto finished the 3rd and been more disciplined in the 4th (which he was winning at one point) he woulda been 3 points instead of being down3 cause of the 2 knockdowns -cotto's jab was doing soooooooo much damage....where did it go? p.s styles make fights.....remember that guys when entertaining the idea of pacman mayweather. p.s who do you guys think is a better trainer roach or roger
Yea, that jab was going in early...

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

-cotto's jab was doing soooooooo much damage....where did it go?
I dont understand what MAC was doin or why he went away from the Jab. that *%*+ was a sledgehammer

He threw Left hook to the body a couple times that was it.

His corner
sick.gif
doesnt get much worse.

dude he was snapping his neck with the jab , had he go to the body more and kept that jab input up he woulda made it easier on himself....

People are talking about mayweather vs. manny but I think the more intresting fight would be sugar shane vs. manny. We can all agree that cotto was the samefighter after margarito.

Bob Arum (on Cotto):
"Obviously, losing is not as good as winning. But Cotto, against a normal great welterweight, will do just fine."

(on Mayweather):
"Know that I hate him, he hates me. If he wants to fight Manny Pacquiao, have him call me."

Ross Greenburg HBO (on Mayweather/Pacman):

" Bob Arum will be getting that call on Monday, and Schaefer himself will come in to get the fight made."

smokin.gif

also, they Vegas Commission made Cotto go to the Hospital for ful lscans, will be released shortly but he missed the Post fight press conference

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

People are talking about mayweather vs. manny but I think the more intresting fight would be sugar shane vs. manny. We can all agree that cotto was the same fighter after margarito.

you think if berto beats shane theres a chance of manny vs berto???

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Bob Arum (on Cotto):
"Obviously, losing is not as good as winning. But Cotto, against a normal great welterweight, will do just fine."

(on Mayweather):
"Know that I hate him, he hates me. If he wants to fight Manny Pacquiao, have him call me."

Ross Greenburg HBO (on Mayweather/Pacman):

" Bob Arum will be getting that call on Monday, and Schaefer himself will come in to get the fight made."

also, they Vegas Commission made Cotto go to the Hospital for ful lscans, will be released shortly but he missed the Post fight press conference

smokin.gif

Berto isn't beating Shane. If Collazo gave Berto all those problems he's not ready for a top welterweight just yet.

Berto doesnt even deserve to fight Shane...Pac would tear that boy up worse than he did Cotto....Berto leaves himself wayyyyy too open, he'll most likelyget shredded by Shane....

Berto might not even make weight
laugh.gif

Anyways..imma wait till the dust settle over Pac/Cotto. Props to Manny, thought he took some unnecessary punishment to prove a point about his ability to takea welterweight punch.

Cotto fought valiantly and was still in the fight until rd 5. Cant be stated enough that his corner sucks. Roach said it best when he said that Cotto has badhabits. He needs a worldclass trainer to rebuild him. I also think that Cotto still has demons from the Magarito fight
smh.gif

you guys do know bert has alway been meaty....no +$!# lmao , dude should make weight fine

and the collazo fight was his worse but look at paul williams/ quintana...or mayweather/castillo....your only as good as your last fight and he completelydominated his last fight

i just rewatched it. Mannn cotto was wingin Hooks like he was ricky Hatton. da **%$ wrong with him?

I think these fighters take it to heart that Pac is a smaller guy so they go out their way to try and hit him with evrything they got instead of staying sound.

Cotto Jab was workin but he didnt throw nothin behind it.

PacMan got buzzed off that 1st uppercut but nothin came after he covered up. Manny chin was solid cus he ate a few left hooks early.

Ever since Shane Miguel has basically abandonned his body attack.
smh.gif
He aint got too many fights left in him after this, thanks to margarito and his concretepalms.

Back
Top Bottom