09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

cozzone_weighin_marquez-diaz007.JPG

cozzone_weighin_marquez-diaz013.JPG

Juan Manuel Marquez 134.25 vs. Juan Diaz 134.5

Chris John (42-0-1, 22 KOs), 125.25, of Semarang, Indonesia, vs. Rocky Juarez (28-4, 20 KOs), 125.5, of Houston, Texas

Originally Posted by Proshares

[h1]
[/h1]
box_g_lopez_65.jpg

Lopez

• Top Rank also officially announced that Juan Manuel Lopez's April 25 fight in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, which will headline HBO's "Boxing After Dark," was set. Lopez (24-0, 22 KOs) will defend his junior featherweight title against bantamweight titlist Gerry Penalosa (54-6-2, 36 KOs) of the Philippines. The fight has been in the works for more than a month. "It's a great opportunity for me fighting a great champion like Gerry Penalosa here in Puerto Rico in what should be a great fight," Lopez said. "I know Penalosa is a good fighter and has plenty of experience, but I know that I'm ready for this type of challenge. I know what is at stake for my career. It's a big fight in front of my fans and on HBO. I want to be the first to knock him out. I know people are still not sure about me, but a win against Penalosa will go a long way to showing them how good I can be."
I'm really looking forward to this fight! JuanMa has all the hype and attention, deservingly so but Gerry and his camp are very confident
pimp.gif
Only time Gerry has lost is because opponents run away from him (likePonce
eyes.gif
). He's never been knocked out. As long as JuanMa won'trun.. Gerry has a chance

why the hell does tarver have a rematch clause?
smh.gif

Johnson vs. Dawson II woulda been soooooo much better.

Back
Top Bottom