09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

116-111. What kinda peanut butter and jelly ++!%%@#% is that? But yeah I had Cotto by 1 that damn knockdown. I thought that hit to the back of the head mightof cost him but the ref let it go. Good call I think.

I was at the fight tonight with tru and his brothers, but this fight imo was to close to call. Cotto's knockdown in the first round was huge also the roundwhere he had clottey pinned up on the ropes was a huge round for him as well, but the 11 and 12 rounds were Cottos easily. Despite Cotto fighting through thatcut the whole fight I think Clottey deserves a rematch, however the Ghananese fans didn't fair well against the Puerto Rican crowd.......lol

That fight was very tough to score. Too many close rounds with alot of momentum swings. I thought Cotto shoulda won but dontknow bout that 116-111.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
when Cotto dipped son in round 4

Clottey gets mad credit for having a good chin but I ehhh, I think the reason he blocks so much is because he doesnt take punches well.

with that cut and blood streaming in Cotto's eye, Clottey should have thrown at least 300 more Right Hands.
smh.gif

Watching this #%+% again right now
pimp.gif

I swear Cotto had the same cut prolly worse than Rob Guerrero. Its amazing this dude was able to fight almost 12 rounds with that.

Clottey's left uppercut was money but he didn't follow it up with anything
smh.gif

Clottey was upbeat and philosophical about his future.

"Cotto won the decision, but I think I won the fight," Clottey said. "That's life. I have to keep moving. The best thing for me is to get a rematch.

"I don't think (WBC titleholder Andre) Berto wants to fight me, but I would like to fight him. After tonight's fight, I feel that I'm one of the best welterweights in the world. I'm motivated again. I think I deserve to fight the best."

Hopefully, Clottey catches a break and gets his wish.

i feel bad for dudes like clottey. he's the new paul williams of 147 now that the pun has apparently moved on to the higher weight classes. avoided likethe plague.

LAS VEGAS - The highly anticipated July 18 fight between Floyd Mayweather and Juan Manuel Marquez has been postponed due to a rib injury sustained by Mayweather while training. The mega-fight was scheduled to take place at MGM Grand in Las Vegas and be televised live on HBO Pay-Per-View.

"I am extremely disappointed that this fight has to be postponed," said Mayweather. "I was training very hard and looking forward to getting back in the ring on July 18th."

"I was very disappointed to hear the news about the fight being postponed," said Marquez from his training camp in Mexico. "I will remain focused, in shape and ready to fight whenever the fight is rescheduled for."

Information about rescheduling the fight will be made available as soon as possible
mad.gif

cant be mad at dude for gettin injured...

**also**
there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Antonio Margarito had them plaster of paris wraps on when he fought Cotto.

^ Well Arum was saying that they'd love to get a rematch with Margarito once his suspension is up so we'll eventually see.

But yea I'm starting to lean towards that train of thought as well.

I don't know about kill but I think he'll win a pretty easy UD. Margarito still took everything Cotto threw at him an didn't back down. Cotto could(wouldn't be wise) fight the same exact fight and win this time around because he won't be getting hit as hard. If he's smart he'd breakMargarito's body in half.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

cant be mad at dude for gettin injured...

**also**
there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Antonio Margarito had them plaster of paris wraps on when he fought Cotto.
I think all his fights he had those things. He was cutting Paul Williams up too

Possibly,
but I never seen damage to an entire face like Cotto's... maybe Paul's more elusive I dunno.
Paul always cut up arund the eyes, he did in Quintana and the Verno fight.

but to look at Cottos face in 10th and 11th round vs Tonio was Crazy!
sick.gif
He looked like he got jumped by 5 people

Paul always got some cut opening up during most of his fights so I doubt that. I would say maybe the Clottey fight he may have wrapped his hands. He said hebroke his right hand during the 7th or 8th and he was hitting Clottey with some bombs during the 2nd half of the fight. But honestly we'll never knowunless Margarito fights all these guys again. And like I said I don't see a fight with Cotto going any differently (style-wise) unless Cotto changes hisgame plan. If Cotto does the same counter punching strategy, the same Margarito will show up and he'll eat the same punches. The big difference IMO wouldbe Cotto not taking as much damage and not breaking down in the 10th and 11th.

Watching the fight on Television now (Watching it live is much different, anybody agree?)

3-1 Cotto through 4 rounds...

Full thoughts later.
EDIT:

All tied through 8, but Cotto is still up 1pt because of the Knockdown.

Back
Top Bottom