09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

they were just showing those quotes on College Football Live...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

If Cobb can't go Saturday because of his shoulder injury, UK will have to find someone new to return kicks, return punts, hold on kicks, and run the WildCobb spread formation. Cobb is also the Cats' leading receiver. "Other than that…" Brooks joked.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

AJ playin or what, DLo?
I know I am not DLo but AJ aint playing until atleast the bowl game. Just wanted to post in here that this will be my last UGA Home game as a student. Damn that four years flew by.

Congratulations BamBam.
pimp.gif

what you got planned after graduation?
Trying to find a job. Had a couple of internships so hopefully I will be able to get one. Then I want to go back and get my MBA part time whileI am working.

----

I think Lamarcus Joyner is supposed to take his official to FSU this weekend.

USF has offered a grey-shirt to Ben McRoy (which will probably put them in the drivers seat for Javares)

R.I.P UGA VII

I've always wondered this, why does the Big 10 end their season a good 2 weeks before everyone else does?

If Cobb can't go Saturday because of his shoulder injury, UK will have to find someone new to return kicks, return punts, hold on kicks, and run the WildCobb spread formation. Cobb is also the Cats' leading receiver. "Other than that…" Brooks joked.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

AJ playin or what, DLo?
I know I am not DLo but AJ aint playing until atleast the bowl game. Just wanted to post in here that this will be my last UGA Home game as a student. Damn that four years flew by.

Congratulations BamBam.
pimp.gif

Trying to find a job. Had a couple of internships so hopefully I will be able to get one. Then I want to go back and get my MBA part time while I am working.

Major?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I've always wondered this, why does the Big 10 end their season a good 2 weeks before everyone else does?

It wasnt really that bad until they started pushing the damn bowls games so far back but now it really hurts them. This is the last yr though. Next yr the gamewill be played the sat after thanksgiving.

laugh.gif
Jamar Wall out there lookin for kill shots ALL DAY...

And yeah, he was shook up as hell when he rocked Zac...

Did Hansen get hurt? The hell is Hawkins doin back out there?

During that game I had told one of my boys all Robinson doesn't need to do was take a big hit or fumble and he preceded to do both.

Almost cost them a possible BCS birth tonight. They definitely gonna need him for the Bedlam game next week.

someone a ways back asked about Lamarcus Coker: heres an update

[h1]Made Me a Leader: Coker makes most of new opportunity at Hampton[/h1]

HAMPTON, Va. - The element of surprise was nowhere to be found within Phillip Fulmer's office as LaMarcusCoker sat before his coach.

Just six days earlier, the sophomore running back returned a kickoff 37 yards late in the fourth quarter toposition Tennessee for a game-tying field goal against South Carolina. Back in Fulmer's office, Coker glanced over at the time, closed his eyes and triedto envision his last time running through the "T" minutes before Saturday's kickoff.

Coker's inability to follow provisions that resulted from off-the-field issues finally caught up tohim.

"It was 3:42 (p.m.)," said Coker, recalling the events from the day that has been etched into hismemory. "When I walked out of the stadium, I knew that was my last game in Tennessee. I get kind of emotional thinking about it."

Fast forward two years, as Coker, one of Hampton University's 10 senior captains, leans back in his seatchatting with teammates before the start of last Friday's meeting. Leaving his front-row chair to retrieve a stack of papers from coach Donovan Rose, thefirst-time leader distributes the itinerary for Saturday's "game day" against Florida A&M. The next day, the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conferenceleading rusher would finish with 50 yards, putting him 31 yards shy of 1,000 yards with a game left.

Being front and center both on and off the field is a new perspective for the former Antioch High Schoolfootball and track star.

"One day (during the summer) he stood up and said 'Coach Rose made me a leader'. I have neverbeen in that position," Rose said.

"No one has ever told me, 'You're the leader or you're the captain,' " Coker said"It feels good. But at the same time, that is what I'm supposed to be doing. If that's what I did at Tennessee, I would have never dealt withthose issues."

The reoccurring problems at UT over almost two seasons involved multiple suspensions and missed counselingsession for his failed drug tests, which ultimately lead to his dismissal.

From his dorm room near Neyland Stadium, Coker, who had rushed for 865 yards and six touchdowns in 16 games,dealt with the task of ignoring 100,000-plus roaring fans during the remaining four home games. Free and quality surround sound echoed off the walls, signalinga Tennessee touchdown or big play. The cheers continued to pour in, further compounding the fact that his former team would have to move on.

"I took a lot for granted," said Coker, who transferred to Hampton and was able to play right awaybecause the historically black college is in the Football Championship Subdivision. "When I started having my success at Tennessee, I thought that was it.I'm about to go win the Heisman and win a championship. I thought I was untouchable."

The same could likely be said for the three UT freshman who were arrested last Thursday. Wide receiverNu'Keese Richardson, safety Janzen Jackson and defensive back Mike Edwards were charged with attempted armed robbery. Once the news hit mainstream,Coker's phone was flooded with calls and texts messages concerning the issue.

"I just started thinking about the time when I left (Tennessee) and how they feel and how embarrassedtheir family is right now and everything I put my family through," Coker said, before passing along advice. "I feel sorry for them. But if footballis what they love, then do whatever it takes to keep playing. Handle the problem head on, accept the consequences, and just see where they can go fromthere."

Coker would know.

With his experiences at UT playing a close backseat role, the Pirates' leading rusher over the last twoseasons has thrived in his new role.

Coker says his position at Hampton is not a second chance, but "the way it was supposed to go, the routeGod ordained for me to take." With one game remaining Saturday against Morgan State, Coker has utilized this opportunity to conclude what he started fouryears ago. Playing in the NFL certainly remains a realistic possibility, as his coaches and teammates marvel at his playmaking ability.

"We all feed off of Coker and his passion for the game," said Pirates' starting quarterbackHerbert Bynes. "He has been a big key to our success."

Added Rose: "He is electrifying. If Coker gets out into the open space, watch out! He's going to godo something with the ball in his hands."

Upon leaving Hampton, Coker will have the ability to do more than carry a ball in his hands. After thissemester, only 12 credits remain in his psychology curriculum before he can grab his degree in May, something he and his coach agree is the biggestaccomplishment of all.

"I feel like I can take this as far as I want to take it just as long as I keep doing the rightthings," Coker said. "... It's been hard. And it's not over. And the NFL is not guaranteed.

But I wouldn't change anything."

Walls got rocked vs ZRob too ...

He was OUT COLD
eek.gif

I saw that too.

Even though it looked like Robinson took the worst of it, you can tell Walls got rocked. The way his arms went up once he hit the turf.

sportscenter just said the Mangino incident involved poking linebacker Artist Wright in the chest. so it wasn't the video gunna posted

Originally Posted by DLo13

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

AJ playin or what, DLo?

Congratulations BamBam.
pimp.gif

Trying to find a job. Had a couple of internships so hopefully I will be able to get one. Then I want to go back and get my MBA part time while I am working.
Major?
nerd.gif

Risk Management and Insurance

Those OSU jerseys were
pimp.gif
. Yall notice they had the orange outline on theOSU on the helmet with black in the middle. I thought that was a nice touch.

Back
Top Bottom