09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

anybody watching cfb live?

laugh.gif
at the comparison they made between notre dame and virginia.

numbers wise virginia might even be a better team this decade than they are
roll.gif

Sources close to the situation tell us that Athletic Director Mike Bohn is interviewing former Colorado/UCLA coach and current Miami WR Coach Karl Dorrell
this weekend. Our source also confirmed that Oklahoma Defensive Coordinator, Brent Venables, seems to be the best candidate in the search process
so far
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

They've got themselves in a situation where they'll have to hire a guy that'll take the job at a below-average salary structure...

Venables might be a pretty good hire... But KD? Really? LOL.

Top JUCO recruit Dexter Ransom shredded his ACL... He's got two to play two, so taking a redshirt year isn't an option unless he's granted amedical year...

smh.gif

4* RB Dontae Williams committed to Oregon today( for real this time haha). Big pick up for us, lets hope he can get into school.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Sources close to the situation tell us that Athletic Director Mike Bohn is interviewing former Colorado/UCLA coach and current Miami WR Coach Karl Dorrell
this weekend. Our source also confirmed that Oklahoma Defensive Coordinator, Brent Venables, seems to be the best candidate in the search process
so far
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
Karl Duhrell

If Cobb can't go Saturday because of his shoulder injury, UK will have to find someone new to return kicks, return punts, hold on kicks, and run the WildCobb spread formation. Cobb is also the Cats' leading receiver. "Other than that…" Brooks joked.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

AJ playin or what, DLo?

UK will have to find someone new to return kicks, return punts, hold on kicks, and run the WildCobb spread formation. Cobb is also the Cats' leading receiver. "Other than that…" Brooks joked.
If any of yall havent seen Randall Cobb play, I suggest you take the time and watch him one of these last couple weekends.

that guy is a Football Player
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

UK will have to find someone new to return kicks, return punts, hold on kicks, and run the WildCobb spread formation. Cobb is also the Cats' leading receiver. "Other than that…" Brooks joked.
If any of yall havent seen Randall Cobb play, I suggest you take the time and watch him one of these last couple weekends.

that guy is a Football Player
pimp.gif

i've only seen two UK games this season and a friend asked me a couple of weeks back why Cobb wasnt starting at qb and i told him i didn'tknow. so we looked it up and realized it was because he was their best receiver
laugh.gif

Omy god I was reading a piece on mangino and this was the first comment under the article

Mangina's history of anger and violence is well known. En route to Kansas City for the first Border Showdown vs. Missouri, Mark had to stop an ask for directions at a as station. He assaulted the attendant after their exchange:
"Can you tell me how to get back to 435?"
"Cut off your legs."

roll.gif

anyway

here's the cause of the controversy... Im sorry but Im okay with what he did.

dude showboated got a 15 yard penalty and Mangino was tellin him to " look at what he just caused you want the attention since� you made that run all byyourself didnt you,"
pimp.gif

Oh, come on man. I expected like some Bobby Knight type *#%%...that was nothing. Too PC and soft nowadays (holy *#%% I'm getting old).

Lee Barfknecht of the Omaha World writes that financial concerns within the Colorado athletic department may make it hard for the Buffs to hire a big-name (and big-money) coach to replace Dan Hawkins, if athletic director Mike Bohn elects to make a change.

Barfknecht writes that Colorado had to borrow money to buy out Hawkins's predecessor, Gary Barnett, and that the athletic department has struggled to maintain a list of big-time donors. He suggests that this might put someone like Jon Embree, the former Colorado tight end and assistant coach who most recently was an assistant with the Kansas City Chiefs, in the driver's seat for the position.

Of course, this would run completely counter to rumors that Bohn is courting Mike Shanahan for an unspecified role with the football program. The site that originated those rumors,FootballCoachScoop.com, now says that Bohn will interview former UCLA coach (and Colorado/Denver Broncos assistant) Karl Dorrell this weekend, and that he plans a second meeting with Shanahan. (Neill Woelk of the Daily Camera also thinks that Bohn will gauge Shanahan's interest but insists that neither the two nor any of their intermediaries have had any meetings.)

We'll keep an eye on the goings-on in Boulder during what promises to be an intriguing next several weeks

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

If Cobb can't go Saturday because of his shoulder injury, UK will have to find someone new to return kicks, return punts, hold on kicks, and run the WildCobb spread formation. Cobb is also the Cats' leading receiver. "Other than that…" Brooks joked.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

AJ playin or what, DLo?
I know I am not DLo but AJ aint playing until atleast the bowl game. Just wanted to post in here that this will be my last UGA Home game as astudent. Damn that four years flew by.

Damn, Gunna you sure? I thought I heard on the radio that the incident occurred with a different player (a linebacker or somebody that came out and complained)

i hope so, because what you posted i've seen during timeouts in basketball games, let alone football

but i cannn see how parents as well as administration could be concerned. especially since it was caught on tape...

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

AJ playin or what, DLo?
I know I am not DLo but AJ aint playing until atleast the bowl game. Just wanted to post in here that this will be my last UGA Home game as a student. Damn that four years flew by.

Congratulations BamBam.
pimp.gif

what you got planned after graduation?

No AJ. At least the running game looked a little better last week. Maybe we'll even see a little of Marlon Brown this week...

(Nah...
laugh.gif
)

Yooo some of this stuff theyre leaking about Mangino now is waaay over the line...

Talkin about dudes would confide stuff within his teammates and he'd shove it back down they're throats...

"I'll send you back to St. Louis to get shot with your homies." after a dudes brother got shot...
"do you want to be a lawyer or a deadbeat drunk like your father?" to a dude who told his teammates is dad had a drinking problem...

smh.gif
Inexcusable and embarrassing... No way in hell I'd let a dude that looks like Jabba The Hut talk to me like that in front of friends and teammates...

Jason Whitlock knows the real reason behind Mangino's issues

It's the weight. That's why Mark Mangino's job is in jeopardy. That's why Lew Perkins held a paper-trail meeting with Kansas football playersMonday night.

If this is the end for Mark Mangino's head-coaching career at Kansas - and it should be - his inability to deal with his weight problem is the cause.

This column is not an attempt to shame, embarrass or ridicule Mangino. As you know, I'm overweight. I'm a shade over 6 feet tall and this morning, Iweighed 325 pounds. (Oh, that hurt to write.) I've been heavier. Much.

I can relate to Mangino's struggle. He's three or four inches shorter than me, and he weighs anywhere from 450 to 500 pounds. He's a public figurein a demanding, high-stress job.

The weight and the stress form a perfect recipe for depression. They can put your mind in a very negative place. They can make you moody and volatile.

Football is a violent game, oftentimes coached by grown men who strain to control their emotions. For every Bill Snyder, there are a handful of Mike Stoops,especially among assistants.

We've known since his arrival at Kansas that Mangino labors to contain his temper. He berated refs at his son's high school football game. We'vewatched him verbally undress his players on the sideline. We've seen assistant coaches bolt the program and heard the behind-the-scenes stories about theabuse they endured from their head coach.

In more than seven years of covering Mangino's Jayhawks, I've never heard anyone associated with the program describe him as "happy."

Mangino coaches from an angry place. It's not surprising, to me, given his weight problem.

You might be inclined to dismiss the alleged complaints of a few current and former Jayhawks who grumble that Mangino is physically and verbally abusive to hisplayers. You might think it's no big deal that a coach yells, cusses and puts his hands on his players.

It's not that big a deal when the coach loves his players as hard as he pushes them. That's what's missing in the Mangino equation. Where's thelove?

Beyond X's and O's, good coaching is a transference of energy. It takes a massive amount of energy to impact 100 boys on a college campus. At his age(53) and weight, Mangino cannot sustain the necessary energy level to positively influence his players. His team is being engulfed by his negative energy, adark spirit driven by his excess weight.

The signs of this can be seen on and off the field.

A loss to Texas on Saturday will be KU's sixth straight. And the promised "historic" season has turned into a nightmare primarily becauseMangino's prized offense lost its swagger.

Part of the rift between the football and basketball players was a byproduct of Mangino's players mirroring their coach's mentality about thebasketball program. Despite a $2 million-a-year contract and a $33 million football facility, Mangino has always felt undervalued and unappreciated at Kansas.

Relieving Mangino of his coaching responsibilities at this moment would be the humane thing to do for his health and a blessing for his career.

Two years ago, Mangino peaked, carrying the Jayhawks to 12-1, an Orange Bowl victory and a top-10 ranking. He didn't get one job offer. It was the weight.

If he spent two years away from football addressing his weight problem, applied for a job at 270 pounds, he would be a can't-miss BCS candidate. Heck, hewould be a terrific choice to coach in the NFL.

laugh.gif
talk about profiling...and if its true him throwing *+#@ back in players faces like that...yea it crosses the line but i've seen that happen tons oftime....not sayin its ok but some view that as "tough love"...personally i think its unnecessary...

Back
Top Bottom