09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

I thought Jose Jose was going to UT?

But yeah....USF racked up today. And our idiot AD put them on the schedule every year now. SMFh
I told Dre last week CLK thinks he's still at USC and he has decided to recruit over guys who are already verballed...

smh.gif

supposedly Jose² was above 380 lbs and wasnt progressing with hsi weight and the staff thinks they can get Stone, Cullen and Juwan James. we lead for Cullenand James but Stone prolly ends up in Bama and if thats the case they %!%@!% up royally!

they also messin up on ralph Williams outta Mia too...
smh.gif
I cant condone this recruiting over prospects crap. U can do that when u already have depth, not whenur trying to build it

whats the point of a silent commit? like why does the coaching staff keep it low key or the player not to say it? just asking is all

and dont ever tell Slick Rick he ant going to get a recruit cause he is going to go after them himself
laugh.gif

he has us in the lead for

Anthony Barr
Hayes Pullard
Dietrich Riley
Owamagbe odighizuwa(rumored to be a silent now)

silents help alleviate pressure from the kids from the people surrounding them. especially the local yahoos who end up stalkin their facebook, berating them attheir hs home games...

the %#%$ is tiresome.

so just tell a school ur committed to them without going public with it but they can count u in on their class numbers

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

SWEET JESUS

i had no idea Ohio state had been getting down like that

BLHAHAHAHAH

Ya but they report a lot of the violations themselves and most of them arent that serious. Since Andy Geiger stepped down they've cleaned it up a lot.Whether that's from the stuff leaking out, or the stuff being as serious idk. Shady stuff still goes on. Just like anywhere else.

Butch Jones the new HC at UC. Solid hire, he's been successful at CMU since Kelly left. Hopefully he's another home run hire like Kelly was.

Gunna...
Miller and Willis? Still going to UT?

Also:

RB Lache Seastrunk

Temple (5-11, 195)

Undecided between Auburn, Cal, LSU, Miami, Oregon, USC

Reminiscent of C.J. Spiller, currently at Clemson

When you are the sole purpose for an ESPNU telecast, there must be something special about you. That was the case on Oct. 29 when the nation witnessed oneof its top running backs run for 114 yards and a score against Belton. It won't be the last time Lache (pronounced "Lake") is highlighted on thetube. He is already a household name on YouTube, where his highlight reels have been viewed more than 300,000 times. Rivals.comranks him as the top running back in the nation and the fourth-best prospect overall. ESPNU ranks him as the No. 6 RB and the state's No. 5 recruit. He hasthe speed to cause immense hallucination and the ability to break ankles like an And 1 mix tape legend. Think Reggie Bush but with cornrows.

What was it like playing on national television? I just played it like any other game, until the cameras were right in my face.

How crazy has the recruiting process been? It has been pretty crazy, just because as many people that I have rooting for me, I have thatmany who don't want me to make it at all. It hasn't affected me at all. I've just put in more effort.

If you were given a dollar for every time someone asked you where you were going to school, how much would you make? I think I'd berich. I'd say about $10,000.

The only thing that stands between you and the end zone is Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed. What happens? I'd juke him out of hisshoes. I'd make it to the end zone or jump over him.

Who is the best player you've faced? Nobody.

How often do you Google or YouTube yourself? If somebody doesn't know who I am I just tell them to Google me. If a girl hasn't everseen me play I'll tell them, 'I'm not trying to be rude or anything but just Google me.'

Where'd the spelling from your name come from? My mom wanted us to have names that no one else has. My sister's name is Scy(Sky).

Miller yes. he has his classes in hand. he's a Lock
Willis is a just a UT lean. not a lock like before. His dad just got a job transfer to Florida. and he was supposed to have his classes done for earlyenrollment but he hasnt done it like the rest have.

we will learn this weekend more then likely. Miller is the guy I prefer but if we cant land Lemonier then we NEED willis.

If we dont get him, Miami or FSU will get him.

and Ive read that Lache is an incredible head case and "google me" doesnt look good on him.
laugh.gif

the Hawaii All star game writers said he feels Seastrunk would rub upper classmen the wrong way.

Tyler Bray Touches down in Knoxville on Wednesday. the new era starts!

It simply doesn't make sense for Chandler to get dropped like a bad habit six weeks before National Signing Day. "I switched to USF tonight," Chandler told me by phone at around 9 p.m.

Why? "Coach [Jim] Leavitt said they want me real bad," Chandler said. "They got room for me."

Is it a done deal? Are you finished with the Hurricanes? "I don't know. I'm confused," Chandler said. "I'm still thinking about UCF, Colorado State and Louisville. I still have to talk to my dad and uncle about things, see what they think."

But Todd, what went wrong with Miami? "The way they're acting makes me feel like they aren't recruiting me anymore," he said. "It's been so long, I don't remember how their voice sounds. The last time I spoke to [recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt] was during the football season. The last time I talked to coach Shannon was last year."
But didn't I see you at practice a bunch of times this season? Didn't you hang out at UM all the time? "I was going to practice, but the way they made it seem was like they were playing me," Chandler said. "When I spoke to coach [Wesley] McGriff three weeks ago, I asked him what the deal was, why they were looking at other defensive tackles. He said they were just recruiting.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Gotta give props to the Beavs - dudes are playing a hell of a schedule next season.

you gotta love their courage
laugh.gif
i don't even know who their starting QB is gonna be though...? so i could def see them struggling. then BSU fans are gonna say how they own the pac 10
eyes.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

Beavers next year schedule
pimp.gif
. Starting QB should be Ryan Katz at thispoint, but we will just have to see. If they can somehow come out and win those out of conference games, they might join Oregon in the top 10 maybe even 5before conference play.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Gotta give props to the Beavs - dudes are playing a hell of a schedule next season.

laugh.gif
i don't even know who their starting QB is gonna be though...? so i could def see them struggling. then BSU fans are gonna say how they own the pac 10
eyes.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

pimp.gif
. Starting QB should be Ryan Katz at this point, but we will just have to see. If they can somehow come out and win those out of conference games, they might join Oregon in the top 10 maybe even 5 before conference play.
There is still a chance for Lyle to come back. They are going to petition for a medical redshirt, although it is highly unlikely. Also, it isrumored that Bob De Carolis is interested in the Michigan AD job.

I am looking forward to heading down to see the Cardinals play the Stros and Beavers @ the Jerry Dome all in one week.

Willis expected to change commitment By Phil Kornblut According to a source close to DE Brandon Willis (6-4 250) of Byrnes, he is likely to change hiscommitment to Miami this weekend when he makes an official visit with the Hurricanes. Willis has been committed to Tennessee, but he said last week at theNorth-South game that commitment was not strong. The current investigation into some recruiting practices by the Vols did come in to play here according to thesource. Willis's teammate, DE Corey Miller, remains commmited to the Vols.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

It simply doesn't make sense for Chandler to get dropped like a bad habit six weeks before National Signing Day. "I switched to USF tonight," Chandler told me by phone at around 9 p.m.

Why? "Coach [Jim] Leavitt said they want me real bad," Chandler said. "They got room for me."

Is it a done deal? Are you finished with the Hurricanes? "I don't know. I'm confused," Chandler said. "I'm still thinking about UCF, Colorado State and Louisville. I still have to talk to my dad and uncle about things, see what they think."

But Todd, what went wrong with Miami? "The way they're acting makes me feel like they aren't recruiting me anymore," he said. "It's been so long, I don't remember how their voice sounds. The last time I spoke to [recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt] was during the football season. The last time I talked to coach Shannon was last year."
But didn't I see you at practice a bunch of times this season? Didn't you hang out at UM all the time? "I was going to practice, but the way they made it seem was like they were playing me," Chandler said. "When I spoke to coach [Wesley] McGriff three weeks ago, I asked him what the deal was, why they were looking at other defensive tackles. He said they were just recruiting.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Damn... That's how I felt when I took my visit to Yale and saw the director talking to other pre-frosh's bout playing baritone in the marching band.

smh.gif

mad.gif

^ Petersen's gone soon - I'm talking a year or two MAX.

Know he can't come out for another year, but do you guys think Patrick Peterson will be a top-tier corner in the NFL?
I think he's got a shot at being drafted top 10 with another stellar injury-free season at LSU.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

pimp.gif
. Starting QB should be Ryan Katz at this point, but we will just have to see. If they can somehow come out and win those out of conference games, they might join Oregon in the top 10 maybe even 5 before conference play.
There is still a chance for Lyle to come back. They are going to petition for a medical redshirt, although it is highly unlikely. Also, it is rumored that Bob De Carolis is interested in the Michigan AD job.

I am looking forward to heading down to see the Cardinals play the Stros and Beavers @ the Jerry Dome all in one week.

Please don't tell me you want Lyle to come back. Dude isn't good at all. He is to short, slow, fat, and is a average passer at best. We have dudeslike Katz, dude from Virginia, and Lomax who all could start over him. That being said I don't think there is a chance that Lyle comes back.

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

pimp.gif
There is still a chance for Lyle to come back. They are going to petition for a medical redshirt, although it is highly unlikely. Also, it is rumored that Bob De Carolis is interested in the Michigan AD job.

Please don't tell me you want Lyle to come back. Dude isn't good at all. He is to short, slow, fat, and is a average passer at best. We have dudes like Katz, dude from Virginia, and Lomax who all could start over him. That being said I don't think there is a chance that Lyle comes back.
I am not for Lyle, but don't you dare mention Lomax, especially as a starter over him
roll.gif
and Virgina is Peter Lalich. As long as they throw out a QB who can completepasses they will be just as strong of an offense with a more expirenced oline. Should be a fun ooc schedule to watch.

Please don't tell me you want Lyle to come back. Dude isn't good at all. He is to short, slow, fat, and is a average passer at best. We have dudes like Katz, dude from Virginia, and Lomax who all could start over him. That being said I don't think there is a chance that Lyle comes back.
I am not for Lyle, but don't you dare mention Lomax, especially as a starter over him
roll.gif
and Virgina is Peter Lalich. As long as they throw out a QB who can complete passes they will be just as strong of an offense with a more expirenced oline. Should be a fun ooc schedule to watch.
couldn't have said it better than airblaster... Lyle is
sick.gif
sick.gif
that would be awesome if you guys could make it through the ooc unscathed. gonnabe a long hard *pause* road though

Matt Simms to Knoxville to come compete with Bray and Stephens for the starting job.

Simms probably will get the starting nod, IMO

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Matt Simms to Knoxville to come compete with Bray and Stephens for the starting job.

Simms probably will get the starting nod, IMO
U buggin.
Simms wont see the field. they barely like him. They only added him so there will be 4 scholly QBs.

Nick Stephens is gonna Break out his SR. all he has to do is listen and be coachable
Nick got a CANNON too.

Simms let it slip on a radio interview that Bruce Irvin will be a Vol too
pimp.gif

Simms, didn't get a lot of PT at Louisville, but when he did I was unimpressed. Maybe I was just expecting him to be great out of the gate.

is that the same Nick stephens that couldn't beat out bum Crompton last offseason and to start the year?

what does that have to do with anything?

CLK stuck with his plan not to play musical chairs at QB and Crompton ended up being very good for us in under a yr

Nick will now have 2 yrs of being in a competently coached QB system.

Stephens > every QB on UCLA's had on their Roster since Cade McKnown

Back
Top Bottom