09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

I have a lot of problems with that All Decade Team. No Robert Gallery? I know he's been a bust in the NFL but he was DOMINANT in college. They have itright by choosing an OG from Oklahoma but they picked the wrong one. I'd have to go with Davin Joseph. I love Eric Berry but Sean Taylor should go beforehim. Derrick Strait as one of the top two corners? %%%%. That man needs to send his Thorpe Award to the family of it's rightful owner.

Best Collegiate CB this decade was Alphonso Smith without a doubt.

Bryant Mcknnie over Clady

Calvin Jonhson >>>>>>>>>> Crabby

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

How the hell did I forget about these two

I get that Steve Hutchinson was great at Michigan...but he only played one season in the 2000s. No other guards that played 3/4 years could top his one season?

laugh.gif

word is Rico McCoy and Dennis Rogan will be ineligible for the Bowl game
smh.gif

Armanti Edwards is the 1st ever two time winner of the Walter Payton award

t1_edwards.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

I get that Steve Hutchinson was great at Michigan...but he only played one season in the 2000s. No other guards that played 3/4 years could top his one season?
I had the same issue with this pick. He was dominant, but only played one year of his career this decade.

BTW

Matt Leinart>>Tim Tebow

Toney Hurd pulled his ND commitment... He'll announce Aggie at the UA All-America game...

tmay you're right... Dixon is supposedly visiting Tech this weekend, not A&M, but did host the Aggies for an in-home in the last week or so...

Corey Nelson is supposed to be taking an official to Minnesota this weekend... What a weekend to get a Texas commit in... High of 23 and a low of 12...
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Sedrick Irvin is gonna be Memphis' RB coach... Damn I'm getting old, i remember him vividly in college. & Mike DuBose as the DL coach

Star Jackson is probably never going to see the field at Bama, McCarron is sharing reps with him now.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I was going to say my only issues with the list might be at CB and Crabtree being in there when CJ isn't...

Oh and Urban getting in over Pete. really?

And Kenneth Dorsey >>> Tebow.

Hell Leinart over Tebow...

roll.gif

Dennis Rogan is gonna enter the NFL Draft *facepalm*

Now We really need Menzie, D Wright and D. Riley

Eric Berry is gonna declare for the draft right after the bowl game

Pac-10 will consider expansion
By Ted Miller

With potential conference expansion again all the rage, first-year Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott knew the question would be coming.

What about Pac-10 expansion? "Expansion is something we will take a look at," Scott said Wednesday.

For expansion enthusiasts that will sound like a more open-minded approach than long-time commissioner Tom Hansen, whom Scott replaced over the summer. But don't make plans for a Pac-10 Championship Game just yet.

Yes, expansion is something Scott will look at with a "fresh set of eyes" -- his phrase -- and the timing makes sense because the conference television contracts expire after the 2011-12 academic year.

But this is nothing new -- he said the same in July before Pac-10 media day -- and the same reasoning and sentiments that school and conference administrators have used to resist calls for expansion in the past remain entrenched, so nothing is imminent.

"There's a pretty high hurdle for us, academically, athletically, geographically," Scott said. "We're hard-pressed to really see how you improve upon the structure of the Pac-10 as it is with five sets of natural rivals in four states."

Expansion is a subject that has repeatedly come up since the mid-90s when the conference courted Texas and Colorado before they joined the new Big 12, but the Big Ten's public declaration this week that it is considering adding a member to reach the 12-program threshold necessary to split into divisions and hold a championship game, makes the issue relevant again.

If the the Big Ten joins the Big 12, ACC and SEC as a 12-team conference that would leave the Pac-10 and eight-team Big East looking, well, smaller.

Scott said that bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, particularly in terms of revenue per program. If adding teams means a potentially smaller slice of the conference revenue pie, it will be hard to sell expansion to the membership.

The first issue is the small pool of potential candidates. The teams most often mentioned -- mostly by fans -- are Utah, BYU, Boise State, San Diego State, Colorado, Fresno State, Nevada, UNLV and TCU.

A couple of those are intriguing possibilities, but a couple wouldn't even be considered.

Programs need to be an academic and athletic match. That means admission standards and research accreditation are issues. On the athletic side, it's not just about football. How strong is the entire athletic department? Recall the Pac-10 is the "Conference of Champions" and Olympic and women's sports are part of that foundation.

Then there's the biggest issue: Money. If the Pac-10 were to expand, it wants that expansion to mean more of it. There's widespread concern that a number of the potential candidates don't come from markets that will increase revenue.

Bringing in Utah and Colorado might be a winner (Salt Lake City and Denver markets), and at least one Pac-10 athletic director said that's the most likely scenario. Of course, prying Colorado away from the Big 12 might not be easy.

TCU, perhaps? There are issues -- distance being an obvious one -- but Pac-10 coaches would salivate over a bigger potential recruiting footprint in Texas.

What Scott has or will shortly realize: There are no slam-dunk solutions that will make everyone cheer.

There will be enthusiasts for expansion and there will be skeptics. What's clear is there should be a renewed sense of urgency over the matter because Scott expects the new TV deals to be long-term contracts.

That might mean expansion or not by 2012.

"The most logical time for that is when you're going to sell your media rights," Scott said. "This is essentially the shop window, so this would be a very natural time to consider it, if we are going to consider it."

[h3]Surprise team in for Seastrunk[/h3]
3:44PM ET
We thought top running back recruit Lache Seastrunk was down to two SEC schools -- Auburn and LSU, as Rival.com's Jamie Newberg told Dunway and Brown (radio). USC and California are out of the picture.
But a surprise team has entered the picture late: Oregon. ESPN affiliate Duck Territory writes that Seatrunk is in Eugene for a surprise visit, adding intrigue to the battle for this top recruit.

He may have seen the crowded backfields at both schools, or he may have learned that another uncommitted RB recruit, Marcus Lattimore, was also leaning toward Auburn. Already, Auburn landed the top running back in the class, Michael Dyer.

halle.jpg

laugh.gif

If I was lache, I'd pick LSU just cus their RBs are Garbage.
But I think he's gonna stick with Auburn and team up with Dyer & Reed

Back
Top Bottom