09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

MWC 2-0 in bowl games so far
pimp.gif

Quiz just blew up a LB on the pass to his brother . thta was legal but then he just tried to amputate someone legs on that INT.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
that big FB just ran thru those 2 dudes so EASY
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

What is this calamity they showing on TV... Please no more Las Vegas bowl games with Pac-10 teams BYU..
smh.gif

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Gunna what have you heard about Hunter and UF?

Hope the Gators can pull Dunk and Hicks this weekend.

Hicks ends up at Texas. If not there then OSU.

Beavers sucked tonight. Came out flat and just didn't seem like they were there at all. And then ESPN showing the Rodgers brothers in that Cirque de Soleigear when they are getting hammered by BYU, lame. The only positive I saw was Katz coming in and throwing that nice TD pass in the end of the game, give mesomething to hope for next year.

Texas A&M got a commit from 4* JUCO DT Jonathan Mathis... Hurd at the UA All-America Game should close out the class unless they lose Jarrett Fobbs toLSU... Hope like hell they keep him though, dude is electric...

Pretty damn good haul for Sherman and the staff given all the issues they had this year... They're gonna have to play outta their minds defensively to doit, but a win against UGA in Shreveport would be a very nice building block going forward...

A couple UNC sources "close to the situation" are claiming that Brandon Willis will commit to UNC during the US Army All American Bowl.

Hopefully this comes trues. DT is a huge position of need for us in this recruiting class.

Michigan LB coach Jay Hopson has taken the Memphis DC job. Oh well. Our LBs have been garbs the past 2 years and he has been looking down south since he gothere. Get a coach that knows LBs (Hopson more of a secondary guy) and I think we may be able to see some guys tackle in space.

CAL vs UTAH in the Poinsettia Bowl.....Let's go CAL! Hopefully they can send the seniors out with a W.

Wild Prediction: Syd'Quan Thompson with a pick-6.....

All-USA football: Henderson, Joyner named players of year

The All-USA high school football team was chosen by USA TODAY's Jim Halley with consultation with high school coaches and recruiting analysts, including Tom Lemming of CBS College Sports and Jeremy Crabtree of Rivals.com.

The offensive player of the year is Seantrel Henderson, an offensive tackle from Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul.

The defensive player of the year is Lamarcus Joyner, a defensive back from St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale.

The coach of the year is Greg Toal, whose Don Bosco Prep (N.J.) team is No. 1 in the final rankings of USA TODAY.

PHOTO GALLERY: 2009 All-USA team

All-USA First Team | All-USA Second Team

Offensive player of the year

SEANTREL HENDERSON

Offensive tackle for Cretin-Derham Hall, St. Paul

Ht: 6-8. Wt. 301.

Why him: Led his team to state title and was player of the year on the Associated Press' all-state team. Despitehis size, he's remarkably agile and is one of the top basketball players in Minnesota. In the summer, he played on an AAU team with the No. 1 basketballrecruit, Harrison Barnes.

Little-known fact: He weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces even though he was born a month early.

Where next? Plans to announce on signing day Feb. 3. Has had official visits to Florida, NotreDame, Southern California and Ohio State and unofficial visits to Minnesota and Iowa.

Recent read: "I just starting reading The Blind Side. I saw the movie first."

How did you get into football? "I played Pee Wee for Folwell Park. I just played on the line. I played two yearsup because I was big."

Football or basketball? "Basketball has always been my favorite sport. If I could play in the NBA, I would pickthat over the NFL."

On recruiting: "The hardest part is trying to keep up with recruiting and your other personal things, like school,friends and family. Trying to balance everything out is hard with time management. The best part is when you go on visits and get to do fun things and look atschools."

Favorite musician: Drake (a Canadian rapper).

Best athlete to come out of your school: "Probably (Minnesota Twins catcher) Joe Mauer."

Highlight: "Out of all the good athletes who went to our

Defensive player of the year

LAMARCUS JOYNER

Defensive back for St. Thomas Aquinas, Fort Lauderdale

Ht. 5-9. Wt. 175.

Why him: His athleticism and 4.3 speed for 40 yards made him a impact player on defense. Also ran for four TDs on 47attempts, caught 16 passes for four TDs, and returned three kickoffs for TDs.

Why Florida State? "A lot of schools had a lot to offer. At the end, it was just my heart to go to FSU. Goingthere felt like a natural adjustment. On top of that, it was my dream school. I was always a Florida State fan growing up."

Football start: "I started playing Pop Warner 110 (pounds) when I was 12 years old. Before that, I always played around the neighborhood.I didn't come from a wealthy family. You have to pay for the shirt and all that and my mom, said, 'Oh, no.' One day, one of my friends from acrossthe yard said that he would pay for it."

How did you get the nickname Frank? "That came from Little League football, the first time I ever played. I was ahard hitter. They starting call me the beast. I would never wrap up. It was always a hard hit. They just started calling me Frankenstein."

Season highlight: "Running back a kickoff against Byrnes."

Favorite position: "Free safety."

What player did you pretend to be when you were little? "I always felt like (Baltimore Ravens linebacker) Ray Lewis."

On recruiting: "I just thank God because most guys in my shoes don't have the opportunity to go to any D-Iteam in the nation. My least favorite part of it is all the coaches coming after you."

After football: " I want to major in journalism. I always wanted to be on TV. I love talking about sports, and Ilike talking with people."

Coach of the year

GREG TOAL

Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, N.J.

Family: Wife, Susan. Three sons, all of whom played college football. Brian and Greg played at BostonCollege and Mike at William & Mary.

Why him: His team went 12-0 to win its fourth consecutive state Non-Public, Group 4 title and finished No. 1 in the USATODAY Super 25 rankings. His record is 246-35-2 with 13 state titles, six at Don Bosco (he won state titles with two other teams).

Coaching philosophy: "The most important thing is the player-coach relationship. I have been blessed that I have agreat coaching staff. I hire good guys, and I let them coach. As coaches, we're also real good friends. We socialize together."

Coaching influences: "The guy that really excited me was Jimmy Sharp at Virginia Tech (where Toal played). Lookingback, we had a lot of great coaches on that staff -Danny Ford, Charlie Pell and others. I learned a lot about football and went from a guy who went to practice to a guy who couldn't waitto go to practice. You have to have enthusiasm. (Sharp) used to talk to us every day about something about life, how to hold yourself accountable."

What I'll remember about this year's team: "As soon as it was challenged, it responded. When they gotbehind, they immediately answered. That's a sign of a great football team."

Career highlight: "Going to De La Salle (Concord, Calif.), beating De La Salle there (in 2008), is somethingI'll never forget. That put us in the national picture on their home field. Going to Prattville, Ala., this year was exciting because we were down 21-7 andcame back to win."

Favorite book:Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley.

[table][tr][td]
First-team offense
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pos.[/td] [td]Player, ht., wt.[/td] [td]
School, location
[/td] [td]
College
[/td] [td]
The skinny
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATH[/td] [td]Matt Elam, 6-0, 205[/td] [td]
Dwyer, West Palm Beach, Fla.
[/td] [td]
Florida
[/td] [td]
Had 179 carries for 1,708 yards and 26 touchdowns, a 9.54 yards-per-carry average. As defensive back, had 66 tackles, two interceptions, four sacks, eight tackles for loss, six forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Kyle Prater, 6-5, 205[/td] [td]
Proviso West, Hillside, Ill.
[/td] [td]
Southern California
[/td] [td]
He had 64 receptions for 1,151 yards and 13 touchdowns and led his team to the playoffs for the first time
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Darius White, 6-2, 205[/td] [td]
Dunbar, Fort Worth
[/td] [td]
Undecided
[/td] [td]
Also a Division I basketball prospect, he had TDs on seven of his 20 catches this season
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Robert Woods, 6-1, 180[/td] [td]
Junipero Serra, Gardena, Calif.
[/td] [td]
Southern California
[/td] [td]
Had 13 TD receptions and averaged 16 yards a catch. Also had eight interceptions. Runs a 4.4 40 and has a 33-inch vertical leap
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]QB[/td] [td]Jake Heaps, 6-2, 195[/td] [td]
Skyline, Sammamish, Wash.
[/td] [td]
Brigham Young
[/td] [td]
Led his team to third consecutive state title, completing 213 of 352 passes for 3,191 yards and 45 touchdowns with seven interceptions. Had four TD passes in state title game. Was 14-0 in postseason games
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RB[/td] [td]Marcus Lattimore, 6-0, 210[/td] [td]
Byrnes, Duncan, S.C.
[/td] [td]
Undecided
[/td] [td]
Ran for 1,905 yards and 31 TDs and had 53 catches for 751 yards and five TDs
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RB[/td] [td]Lache Seastrunk, 5-11, 192[/td] [td]
Temple, Texas
[/td] [td]
Undecided
[/td] [td]
Averaging only 16 carries a game, speedster ran for 1,174 yards in 10 games, including 305 in his final game. He also had 15 total TDs
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]James Hurst, 6-5, 284[/td] [td]
Plainfield, Ind.
[/td] [td]
North Carolina
[/td] [td]
Conference player of year will play alongside brother Nelson in Chapel Hill.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Matt James, 6-8, 290[/td] [td]
St. Xavier, Cincinnati
[/td] [td]
Undecided
[/td] [td]
All-State player already has NFL size, strength.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Christian Lombard, 6-5, 290[/td] [td]
Fremd, Palatine, Ill.
[/td] [td]
Notre Dame
[/td] [td]
He had 48 pancake blocks
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]K[/td] [td]Kip Smith, 6-0, 200[/td] [td]
Legacy, Broomfield, Colo.
[/td] [td]
UCLA
[/td] [td]
Made eight of 12 FGs, including a state-record 67-yarder. Also made 27 of 28 PATs
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
First-team defense
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pos.[/td] [td]Player, ht., wt.[/td] [td]
School, location
[/td] [td]
College
[/td] [td]
The skinny
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Sharrif Floyd, 6-3, 310[/td] [td]
Washington, Philadelphia
[/td] [td]
Undecided
[/td] [td]
50 tackles, nine sacks and 28 tackles for loss. Blocked four punts and a field goal, knocked down six passes
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Jackson Jeffcoat, 6-5, 230[/td] [td]
Plano (Texas) West
[/td] [td]
Undecided
[/td] [td]
67 solo tackles, 20 assists, 11 tackles for loss, 22 QB pressures, 8.5 sacks, two interceptions, two blocked kicks
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Ronald Powell, 6-4, 230[/td] [td]
Rancho Verde, Moreno Valley, Calif.
[/td] [td]
Undecided
[/td] [td]
Can also play linebacker, running back or tight end. Runs a 4.6 40
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Jacques Smith, 6-3, 225[/td] [td]
Ooltewah, Tenn.
[/td] [td]
Tennessee
[/td] [td]
State's Mr. Football for second consecutive season. Had 57.5 tackles, 8.5 sacks
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Brandon Willis, 6-3, 255[/td] [td]
Byrnes, Duncan, S.C.
[/td] [td]
Tennessee
[/td] [td]
Had 125 tackles with 11 sacks
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]Jordan Hicks, 6-2, 220[/td] [td]
Lakota West, West Chester, Ohio
[/td] [td]
Undecided
[/td] [td]
95 tackles in 10 games, including 65 solos and 13 for loss. Earned Butkus Award as top high school linebacker
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]Jeff Luc, 6-1, 230[/td] [td]
Treasure Coast, New Port Richey, Fla.
[/td] [td]
Florida State
[/td] [td]
103 tackles, including 80 solos, 14 for loss, two sacks. Forced three fumbles and knocked down four passes
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]Chris Martin, 6-4, 240[/td] [td]
Grandview, Aurora, Colo.
[/td] [td]
California
[/td] [td]
Had 69 tackles, including 34 solo, 12 QB pressures and six sacks, including two solo. Also ran for four TDs as a RB and caught seven passes as a WR
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DB[/td] [td]Tony Jefferson, 6-0, 196[/td] [td]
East Lake, Chula Vista, Calif.
[/td] [td]
Oklahoma
[/td] [td]
Led team to first CIF San Diego Section title. Two interceptions, 51 total tackles, including 40 solos. Also rushed for 1,991 yards
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DB[/td] [td]DeMarcus Milliner, 6-2, 180[/td] [td]
Stanhope Elmore, Millbrook, Ala.
[/td] [td]
Alabama
[/td] [td]
Had 71 tackles and three interceptions
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DB[/td] [td]Alec Ogletree, 6-3, 210[/td] [td]
Newnan, Ga.
[/td] [td]
Georgia
[/td] [td]
All-around athlete led team to state semifinals. His twin Alexander is also headed to Athens
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]
***http://
[table][tr][td]
Second-team offense
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pos.[/td] [td]Player[/td] [td]School, location[/td] [td]Ht., wt.[/td] [td]College choice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATH[/td] [td]Demarco Cobbs[/td] [td]Tulsa Central[/td] [td]6-1, 200[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Chris Dunkley[/td] [td]Pahokee, Fla.[/td] [td]5-10, 164[/td] [td]Undecided[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Keenan Allen[/td] [td]Northern Guilford, Greensboro, N.C.[/td] [td]6-3, 195[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TE[/td] [td]C.J. Fiedorowicz[/td] [td]Johnsburg, Ill.[/td] [td]6-7, 240[/td] [td]Iowa[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TE[/td] [td]Xavier Grimble[/td] [td]Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas[/td] [td]6-6, 245[/td] [td]USC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Robert Crisp[/td] [td]Athens Drive, Raleigh, N.C.[/td] [td]6-7, 299[/td] [td]N.C. State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Jake Matthews[/td] [td]Elkins, Missouri City, Texas[/td] [td]6-5, 275[/td] [td]Texas A&M[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Ian Silberman[/td] [td]Fleming Island, Orange Park, Fla.[/td] [td]6-5, 256[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RB[/td] [td]Malcolm Jones[/td] [td]Oaks Christian, Westlake Village, Calif.[/td] [td]6-1, 210[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RB[/td] [td]Herschel Sims[/td] [td]Abilene, Texas[/td] [td]5-10, 190[/td] [td]Undecided[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]QB[/td] [td]Phillip Sims[/td] [td]Oscar Smith, Chesapeake, Va.[/td] [td]6-2, 215[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]K[/td] [td]Cody Parkey[/td] [td]Jupiter, Fla.[/td] [td]6-2, 195[/td] [td]Auburn[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
Second-team defense
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pos.[/td] [td]Player[/td] [td]School, location[/td] [td]Ht., wt.[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]William Gholston[/td] [td]Southeastern, Detroit[/td] [td]6-7, 250[/td] [td]Michigan State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Corey Miller[/td] [td]Byrnes, Duncan, S.C.[/td] [td]6-4, 227[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Reggie Wilson[/td] [td]Haltom, Haltom City, Texas[/td] [td]6-4, 240[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]L[/td] [td]Owamagbe Odighizuwa[/td] [td]David Douglas, Portland, Ore.[/td] [td]6-3, 245[/td] [td]Undecided[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]Steele Devitto[/td] [td]Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, N.J.[/td] [td]6-2, 214[/td] [td]Boston College[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]Khairi Fortt[/td] [td]Stamford, Conn.[/td] [td]6-2, 220[/td] [td]Penn State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]James Wilder Jr.*[/td] [td]Plant, Tampa[/td] [td]6-2, 223[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DB[/td] [td]Cody Riggs[/td] [td]St. Thomas Aquinas, Fort Lauderdale[/td] [td]5-8, 154[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DB[/td] [td]Demar Dorsey[/td] [td]Boyd Anderson, Fort Lauderdale[/td] [td]6-1, 180[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DB[/td] [td]Sean Parker[/td] [td]Narbonne, Harbor City, Calif.[/td] [td]5-10, 185[/td] [td]Undecided[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DB[/td] [td]Latwan Anderson[/td] [td]Glenville, Cleveland[/td] [td]5-11, 185[/td] [td]Undecided[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ATH[/td] [td]DeAnthony Thomas*[/td] [td]Crenshaw, Los Angeles[/td] [td]5-11, 185[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

whose stock will be higher post-combine/pro days. Cj Spiller or Dez Bryant?

url

ACC+Championship+Clemson+v+Georgia+Tech+_qUY01VXRCtl.jpg

Both are easily the top players at the position, both are 1 and 1a as far as playmakers go in the draft. Both could already be top 10 selections, andthey're stock should only go up from here. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

where all the pac 10 stans at
Could any of these Pac-10 teams compete week in and week out in the Mountain West??
laugh.gif

MWC 3-0 in bowl games so far
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Could any of these Pac-10 teams compete week in and week out in the Mountain West??
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
I seriously hope you're joking...

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
I seriously hope you're joking...
Yes. Settle down, I put the
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom