09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

10 Stacks huh??? Good *#$* Y'all
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was about to say, what the !$#% is Cake doing in this thread? lol

you know I got a thing for grand entereances and whatnot... What better way than post #10k??? I think I got #20k in the cbb thread as well
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ Gunna awarding Mays the cleanest jersey award

Probably top 5
smh.gif
But whatever, makes the other teams look good when they beatSouthern Cal.

And USC just got me 23 points in the fantasy league
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So where will SC be ranked next year? Top 3, Top 5
laugh.gif
?
With everybody who is important coming back.....

Top 10.

You're laughing now, wait until next year, when your depleted Gators get demolished game after game.

It's not easy losing a lot of talent to the NFL. Expectations were too high this year, but to the dudes thinking we are falling off.....
laugh.gif
....keep thinking that.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
?

Top 10.

You're laughing now, wait until next year, when your depleted Gators get demolished game after game.

It's not easy losing a lot of talent to the NFL. Expectations were too high this year, but to the dudes thinking we are falling off.....
laugh.gif
....keep thinking that.
The Pac-10 should be good next year.

Oregon
Oregon State
USC

All return a lot of starters. I know for sure that Oregon brings back 19 starters from a 10-2 (could be 11-2) year
sick.gif
sick.gif
. The schedule though might prove too much, we'll have to see.
I'll let this season finish out and we'll see what happens after all is said and done with recruiting/early departures to make a more sound preseasonjudgment.

[h2]Te'o to pass on mission for Irish[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame Fighting Irish freshman linebacker Manti Te'o said Saturday he will delay taking a Mormon mission and return next season.

Te'o, who started the last eight games for the Irish and was fourth on the team with 63 tackles, said he's not sure when he will take his two-year mission.

"I'm not sure if I'm going to take it after next year or later on in life," he said.

Te'o's father, Brian, earlier told the Chicago Tribune via a text message that Manti "knows why he was inspired to choose ND and is committed to spending the next 3 years there."

The 63 tackles by Te'o are the third most ever for a Notre Dame freshman. Linebacker Bob Golic finished with 82 in 1975 and defensive end Ross Browner had 68 in 1973. The 6-foot-2, 244-pound Hawaiian arrived on campus as the most highly rated defensive recruit for Notre Dame in years.

He had 10 tackles in the season finale against Stanford and also against Washington.

He said he reached his decision after talking with his parents, other family members and his bishop in South Bend. He called it the biggest decision of his life.

"I knew the impact of my decision could have a positive influence on those who follow me and those who watch what I do. I always want to have a positive influence on them," he said. "I just thought that I was sent to Notre Dame for a purpose and that is a purpose I have to devote to."

Te'o said Brian Kelly being named the new Notre Dame coach after Charlie Weis was fired was not a factor in his decision.

"Football wasn't a factor. It was strictly a spiritual thing for me," he said.

The decision means Kelly will have at least one key contributor back next season from a squad that lost its last four games to finish 6-6. Quarterback Jimmy Clausen and wide receiver Golden Tate announced earlier this month they will bypass their senior seasons and enter the NFL draft.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
?

Top 10.

laugh.gif
....keep thinking that.

Everson Griffen, Damian Williams and Taylor Mays arent impotant?

$C's OL will be nasty next year and the DL shouldn't miss all that much since Nick Perry is a beast in waiting. The secondary will more than likely getbetter once you get rid of the LB back there. LBs will be good as always and one of the other 5star RBs will be good to go. Could see them getting to 11-1without much problem. Barkely looked pretty mediocre this year but there is no reason to think he won't turn it up next year.

laugh.gif
?

Top 10.

laugh.gif
....keep thinking that.

laugh.gif

mamba promise me you wont disappear next season when Florida loses 4 games minimum.

Barkley was mediocre, but he's too physically talented to not turn out decent under pete. i read somewhere that gable was considering quitting/entering thedraft near the end of the season but that he was reassured if he works he'll get more touches so hopefully he'll see the field next year. i really likehim carrying the ball for us. the secondary will be fine. Taylor intimidated a lot of people back there but honestly couldn't cover worth a damn.they'll probably get better as a unit without him back there. the lbs will develop, and the dl will be fine.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

laugh.gif
?

Top 10.

laugh.gif
....keep thinking that.

Kennard has been playing really well for us. Losing Damian will hurt. Hopefully Brice and RoJo can pick up the production. Losing Mays won't be too bad forus. McAllister is a ballhawk so I hope for more interceptions. If not, TJ McDonald and Jawanza Starling are studs. Patrick Hall should be eligible.

The problem is with our linebackers. We need to get some recruits by signing day. Galippo has been hurt all season so hopefully he heals up.

Gators will take a step backand lose 3-4 games. SC will improve but thats only cause y'all only won 7 games this year.

laugh.gif
at all the SC fans thinking they are gonna come back next year and immediately compete for the national championship/go undefeated. Y'all are winning10 games max

^ what are you talking about? SC won 9 games this year, only a W away from 10 this year with a much easier schedule next year, 10 wins really should be theminimum they win. Florida is going to have a year next much like SC's this year. enjoy it guys.

Originally Posted by jville819

Gators will take a step backand lose 3-4 games. SC will improve but thats only cause y'all only won 7 games this year.

laugh.gif
at all the SC fans thinking they are gonna come back next year and immediately compete for the national championship/go undefeated. Y'all are winning 10 games max
indifferent.gif
to you for everything sc related in that post.

as to what you said about florida...
Originally Posted by FeelMode

^ what are you talking about? SC won 9 games this year, only a W away from 10 this year with a much easier schedule next year, 10 wins really should be the minimum they win. Florida is going to have a year next much like SC's this year. enjoy it guys.

they're in the big bad sec. it's gonna be worse.

I thought sc was 7-5 going into their bowl game. that's why i said 7, should've said 8 but still woulda been wrong. my bad.

sc isn't gonna run wild on that conference anymore either. it's not a 1 team show. all the other teams are getting better and can consistently competewith sc.

laugh.gif
at all the SC fans thinking they are gonna come back next year and immediately compete for the national championship/go undefeated. Y'all are winning 10 games max

roll.gif

Where do you see 3 or 4 losses at?

9/4 Miami-Ohio
9/11 South Florida
9/18 at Tennessee
9/25 Kentucky
10/2 at Alabama
10/9 LSU
10/16 Mississippi State (Homecoming)
10/30 Georgia (Jax)
11/6 at Vanderbilt
11/13 South Carolina
11/20 Appalachian State (Div. 1 AA) (Senior Day)
11/27 at Florida State
Only teams we have a chance of losing to and will actually be better than us next year on paper will be Bama and LSU...Tennessee isn't going to bethere yet and we get the Tigers @ the Swamp. Yall are crazy...we ain't losing no damn 4 games next year. We'll see how far UF "falls off"when they're back in the SEC champ game vs. Bama again next year.

Tennessee, Bama, LSU, Miss St., Georgia, South Carolina are all possible blemishes.

how do you NOT see 3-4 possible losses? even with urban coaching.

I'm a natural pessimist, and I see us losing at least 3 games at least. Bama, LSU and another surprise loss by like Kentucky or some other bottom-feeder.Hell maybe Georgia. They're the end of a tough stretch in the schedule and we're at a 'neutral' location.

hmmmm this LOA sounds like UF trying to hang on to his young players and recruits...

If he has one foot out the door already, I dont think he'll come back

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

With the bowl game we won 9 games.

I think you are the only one that has mentioned Undefeated and National Championship, 'cause I know no one else has.

DWill will be missed. I was dissapointed in Taylor Mays this year, and I think Everson had an up and down year. I felt Everson could've done more. I'm actually surprised he is leaving. I want to say McCoy is going to be a big loss, but after the ND game he dissapeared with injuries and of courseacademic issues.

Hopefully RoJo and the gang step up along with some of the incoming freshmen (Prater, Woods).

Back
Top Bottom