09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

black mamba
pimp.gif

Lawrence Thomas better end up a Spartan! I'm guessing he goes out of state though, a la RoJo and Nick Perry. Hopefully the Renaissance kids can convince him otherwise.

Braxton Miller is not a Top 10 player in the country. He may have the potential to be there one day, but no way in hell is he a Top 10 player right now.

This 2011 class for Ohio is loaded though.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Braxton Miller is not a Top 10 player in the country. He may have the potential to be there one day, but no way in hell is he a Top 10 player right now.
*shaq face*

non sense

and what do you think most of the early ratings are on?

Dirk

scott screwed himself with his grades, cant transfer to most schools with the crap he has

All I need to know is Urban Meyer is coming up to Ohio to recruit him...tells me enough right there.

DeAnthony Arnett, a WR out of Saginaw got a USC offer today... I've seen him rocking the USC hoodie after basically everyone of the bball games I've seen him play in, and I know CLK was one of the first teams to offer him at Tenn... I can see him heading west.

I agree with ComeUp.  Right now, Braxton Miller does not belong in the top 10 players in the USA.  Him being the ONLY QB even ranked in Scout's top 25 shows me this as an extremely weak QB class, which he is taking advantage of in the rankings.  I'll wait and see where Rivals has him at (they are much better than Scout regarding rankings IMO).  He is a great prospect though, don't get me wrong.
All I need to know is Urban Meyer is coming up to Ohio to recruit him...tells me enough right there.
Why are you acting like OH isn't one of the best 4 states for HS football talent?
laugh.gif
...He also wanted Devin Gardner from the state of Michigan who is rated nowhere near the top 10 overall anywhere.
Yes, yes indeed.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Why are you acting like OH isn't one of the best 4 states for HS football talent?
laugh.gif
...He also wanted Devin Gardner from the state of Michigan who is rated nowhere near the top 10 overall anywhere.

When did I say it wasn't? I know it is, but there's no debating that the state of Florida's talent pool is deeper. If Urban Meyer is going to use the time and resources to come up and and recruit Braxton, it tells me that he's pretty damn good.

When did I say it wasn't? I know it is, but there's no debating that the state of Florida's talent pool is deeper.
I agree 100%.
If Urban Meyer is going to use the time and resources to come up andand recruit Braxton, it tells me that he's pretty damn good.

But he will be the #1 rated dual threat QB (just like Devin was).  Urban will go after that kid 9/10 no matter where he's from...And he is damn good, just not top 10 in the country good...for now.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott said Tuesday that the window for expansion by the conference is open for the next year as the conference begins negotiations for a new television deal.

Speaking on a conference call to introduce former Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg as his new deputy, Scott talked about possibly adding new teams to the conference and launching a new television network.

Scott, the former head of the Women's Tennis Association, took over the conference last July. In his less than eight months on the job, he has seen growing interest from the membership over the possibility of adding teams for the first time since Arizona and Arizona State joined the conference in 1978.

"It is really over the next six to 12 months that we'll start having serious analysis and serious evaluations," Scott said.

While there has been major upheaval in conference alignments in recent years, the Pac-10 has remained stable for more than three decades. But with a new commissioner and television deals that expire following the 2011-12 academic year, the time is ripe for a fresh look at the issue.

"To me, the logic if the Pac-10 is going to think about expanding, now is our window," Scott said. "The reason being if you're going to consider a reconstruction of the conference, there's a value proposition associated with that. Given that we're about to have negotiations regarding our media rights, it makes sense that if you're going to do it, to do it when you can monetize it and get value from it commercially."

The Pac-10 isn't the only major conference looking at expansion. The Big Ten said in December that it would explore the possibility of adding a 12th team in the next 12 to 18 months. The SEC, ACC and Big 12 already have 12 schools, while the Big East has 16 teams for basketball and eight for football.

Scott said there have been "no serious discussions" with any schools. He said the primary factor in the decision will be finding schools that fit into the conference culturally and academically.

"I know that's of paramount importance to our presidents and chancellors," Scott said. "There are other economic and athletic considerations such as increased costs that would be involved, increased travel that would be involved, splitting the pie in more ways. You look at how that is offset against potentially greater revenue, potentially greater exposure into more markets, possible recruiting opportunities, the impact on media negotiations generally. There's a whole analysis you would go through in terms of cost benefit."

The conference is also looking at the possibility of starting its own television network. Scott said the priority in the new television deal will be to increase exposure and revenues.

"I always knew that there's a lot of interest in the possibility in a network," he said. "But that's not the only solution to achieve our overall goals."

Scott said the conference will undergo a rigorous evaluation of whether to launch a network in the upcoming months. Weiberg, who helped launch the Big Ten network, will play a big role in that process.

Weiberg said assuring wide distribution of a network is paramount to its success. The Big Ten Network had trouble getting on cable systems in the Midwest when it launched in August 2007 and was initially only available in about 17 million homes.

Within a year, it was available in about 75 million homes.

"Clearly for a network to be successful, you want it to be distributed as broadly as possible not only in the region but hopefully to have distribution that is national in scope," Weiberg said. "One has to think carefully about how to achieve that. It's fundamental to the economic success of such a network."

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read More: [url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/02/09/pac-10.ap/index.html#ixzz0f5GWD5XP]http://sportsillustrated....index.html#ixzz0f5GWD5XP[/url]
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with
SI Subscription

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

*shaq face*

non sense

Have you seen him play Gunna? If he is the top Qb in the country then this class is
definitely weak at QB. He is athletic as hell and could be great if developed, but he isn't a Top 10 player right now. No way. With these being early rankings it makes sense though because he does have that potential.

Only Highlights.

Terrell Pryor was the exact same way. was he not the top player in his class?

and u also said Jordan Hicks wasnt that good, so Im not really high on your evaluation skills

Hicks never performed at a "5 Star" level Any of the times that I saw him play. He has all of the measurables though and he could definitely prove me wrong. On the other hand I'd been pushing Spencer Ware as a top player in the state and Rivals bumped him up to a 5 star and top 20 player in this class.

Pryor has yet to perform like the top player in the class either early on in his career. He's still a work in progress. I will say Miller's mechanics are way ahead of Pryor's at the same stage so he has that on his side.

Gunna, wouldn't you agree that this class is pretty week at the QB position though?

I mean, where the hell are all the pocket passers?

The top 3 QBs according to Scout are dual threats and ALL have offers from Urban.

There is only one pocket passer in the top 100 and you won't find him until you get to #97.

What's the word on Jarrard Randall? Ohio State offered him along w/ Braxton. His coach played for Tress at YSU...any chance he leaves Florida?

Originally Posted by IYE2

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

What's the word on Jarrard Randall? Ohio State offered him along w/ Braxton. His coach played for Tress at YSU...any chance he leaves Florida?

They are really gonna try and milk that pipeline.
Read on one board that their coach "would take a bullet for Tressel".
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

They are really gonna try and milk that pipeline.

Back
Top Bottom