10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

Originally Posted by hitopsandflannel

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I and others talk they way we talk because believe it or not, WE are exactly trying to help you dudes yout, tough love is the best love.  As the saying goes champ, each one teach one.  That might be too much for you and others to comprehend right now but it saddens me to see you dudes make bold statements such as you and others have done and not even be knowledgeable on the subject you are speaking on. 
This guy thinks he's superior, DKM.
roll.gif
Stop being ignorant for a second. I'm not saying Drake is the GOAT, I'm not saying he's top 10 DOA, I'm saying dude is a top 10 rapper in today's rap game. Everyone has an opinion, if you can give me your reasoning as to why he's not in the top 10, then that's cool, we can agree to disagree and that's that, but don't act like you know all things hip-hop, bout "each one teach one," f**k outta here with that ahaha.

I tried making that point a few pages back
laugh.gif

Some people wanna claim Drake has no talent or lyrical ability whatsoever, yet choose to put rappers who's best work came out in late 90's early 2000's 
indifferent.gif
 Look let's see what Drake does within his career, his album drops in 2 months and judging off that we should see if he has what it takes to be a top 10. Until then dude's just can't blatantly say he doesn't have what it takes, TML was a good start for him but let's see what he does from here...

TML later was a good start for what? A mediocre/average career. Nothing more, nothing less...

Originally Posted by IamMD

Also.. What Drake is spitting now>>>what Hov was spitting on WTT....
Drake is spittting simp music though, and even with that none of what Drake is spitting is better than Jay on WTT. 

lol..you keep saying this "simp music.." What..besides Marvin's room can be considered simp music? And why does everything have to be so "hard?" or "macho?" NH

Make no mistake about it champ, "Marvin's room" alone is bad enough.  That should go without saying, that song is the National Anthem for simps worldwide, a few of which have even entered this thread.  I never said any and everything had to be "hard" or "macho" but if your a male, at least be masculine and not feminine.  Too many dudes acting and talking like females out here in the world and Drake is just an example of that at times. Reminds me of that line in Chronic 2001........"I have to laugh Dre, I bet he take bubble baths" 

Lol, I'm done with this thread.

Good riddance
wink.gif
.  One less %+%@# to worry about. 

boricuachulo321 wrote:

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

This guy thinks he's superior, DKM.
roll.gif
Stop being ignorant for a second. I'm not saying Drake is the GOAT, I'm not saying he's top 10 DOA, I'm saying dude is a top 10 rapper in today's rap game. Everyone has an opinion, if you can give me your reasoning as to why he's not in the top 10, then that's cool, we can agree to disagree and that's that, but don't act like you know all things hip-hop, bout "each one teach one," f**k outta here with that ahaha.

laugh.gif

Some people wanna claim Drake has no talent or lyrical ability whatsoever, yet choose to put rappers who's best work came out in late 90's early 2000's 
indifferent.gif
 Look let's see what Drake does within his career, his album drops in 2 months and judging off that we should see if he has what it takes to be a top 10. Until then dude's just can't blatantly say he doesn't have what it takes, TML was a good start for him but let's see what he does from here...

TML later was a good start for what? A mediocre/average career. Nothing more, nothing less...

It wasn't supposed to be outright classic, he was smart by having a good balance of radio friendly singles, as well as introspective and thought full songs. This is the problem you can't just sit back and just paint his career with a broad brush, "mediocre average career" It's one album man, it showed he has what it takes to drop a "classic" and it's done very well commercially and critic wise.  

boricuachulo321 wrote:

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

It wasn't supposed to be outright classic, he was smart by having a good balance of radio friendly singles, as well as introspective and thought full songs. This is the problem you can't just sit back and just paint his career with a broad brush, "mediocre average career" It's one album man, it showed he has what it takes to drop a "classic" and it's done very well commercially and critic wise.  
That's my problem. In no way, shape or form does this album show that. SFG might hint at him having the potential to one day, if he tries his hardest, and with some luck, perhaps one day making a string of songs that might be considered by some people classic. But TML doesn't do that AT ALL. 

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

Drake is better than Fab, Cam, and Mase????!?!??!?!? Children of the corn >>>>> Drake

Fab and Cam are two of my favorite rappers..but does Drake not compose better music than the two? Srs question.

When we generally talk about top 10 on this board. We usually talk about lyrical capability. Does he rap better than either of them? IMO no.

There are a ton of lyrical rappers that will never make top 10.. Cannabis for example. A good rapper should make good music

Also.. What Drake is spitting now>>>what Hov was spitting on WTT....
Drake is spittting simp music though, and even with that none of what Drake is spitting is better than Jay on WTT. 

You obviously don't listen to drake. This is a bad statement. Period. 
And he is spitting better than Hov right now. But that isn't anything though, he's spitting better than almost everyone else in Hip-Hop right now..

boricuachulo321 wrote:

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

You obviously don't listen to drake. This is a bad statement. Period. 
You obviously assume and do and great job of it.  Dude said...."Drake is spitting now>>>what Hov was spitting on WTT....".  For Drake right now that would include I'm On, Marvin's Room and Headlines, all of which pale in comparison to what Jay was spitting on WTT. 

Fab and Cam are two of my favorite rappers..but does Drake not compose better music than the two? Srs question.

When we generally talk about top 10 on this board. We usually talk about lyrical capability. Does he rap better than either of them? IMO no.

There are a ton of lyrical rappers that will never make top 10.. Cannabis for example. A good rapper should make good music
And Cam and Fab didnt? Come one man...

Originally Posted by jomitm

Drake makes enjoyable music but I'm not sure about all this "top anything" talk because he's not aiming to make something extremely flawless like how debuts in the '90s seemed to be.

He's a different kind of artist and wants to make albums that are well-rounded and can cater and reach as many people as possible, the guy to have music enjoyed by most.

In this climate in hop-hop music, commercial success and undisputed critical acclaim in all areas of an MC (supreme lyrical ability, amazing production, original musicality and groundbreaking impact) is a very tough balance and almost unheard of anymore.

He has the flare, makes good songs, and at the top of his game as one of the few current hip-hop artists with highly anticipated material but I don't think he can reach it, nor is he trying to. 
However, he has and will make an imprint. That's more than a lot of artists can say.
This.

And Cam and Fab didnt? Come one man...

nah of course cam and fab DO...but Drake makes better music IMO

Dude is well on his way to becoming a legend, but I would love to see him take more risks lyrically.  I mean the singing thing is cool, but I love lyricist and the likes of Big Pun and Lil Wayne have taken tons of risks, so if Drake wants it, I feel like he got to up his game!!!

I hate it when people say drake makes simp music, people on this board act like their out there pimpin and have never felt any emotion towards anything. Marvins room is one of the most relateable songs of the year, I know people who can't stand drake but I hear them signing that chorus. Drake knows that's a huge song hence why he shot the video and is putting it on itunes.

And if were talking about the summer if WTT never dropped this would have been drakes summer. He has marvins room, headlines, I'm on one, she will etc. All in current rotation.

As far as this top 10 all time this is premature to say but top 10 right now, he is certaintly is.

I don't know about top 10...I do like his music but I can't take his lyrics seriously
You go from marvin's room to rapping about being the realest out there 
indifferent.gif
 come on son

^^

See, I have to play Devil's Advocate now. Marvin's Room is mad real.

You're thinking about "real" like it's some tough guys +$@# it seems. But you've got it twisted.

That's not what "real" is. The fact that people get it confused has nothing to do with Drake.

Drake IS mad real. He'll say +$@# most rappers are afraid to say. But it's genuine on a certain level.

For that he should get all the credit in the world.

I give it where it due.

I been sayin', I dig his music. But this thread just started out on the wrong foot.

Just never been a fan of this grandiose "best of all time", "top 5 all time", "top 5 DOA" +@!@@+*$.

I'm a true music FAN. I could never rank my +$@#. This ain't a @+#+!%# sport. These songs don't play against each other on Sunday.

Originally Posted by illphillip

I guess it was the wrong two songs to compare. 
And I agree with what you say about marvin's room(I used to drunk dial females myself) lol
but there have been instances in songs where he comes off on some gangsta type steeez. 

that's not him, stay in your lane..

Originally Posted by illphillip

Just never been a fan of this grandiose "best of all time", "top 5 all time", "top 5 DOA" +@!@@+*$.

Agreed 100%...
...but "Headlines" makes me liken him to:

Spoiler [+]

michael_jordan_penny_hardaway_1.jpg

As far as music goes, he's holdin' his own against the best right now...

...but we'll see how his career plays out.

To all my young NT hip hop head Ns,

A couple good seasons and some hot asss kicks don't make you Hall of Fame...

...barbershop legend? All day.

His name in Springfield, MA next to Bill Russell and Bob Cousy?

Chill.

Originally Posted by airjordan05

I hate it when people say drake makes simp music, people on this board act like their out there pimpin and have never felt any emotion towards anything. Marvins room is one of the most relateable songs of the year,

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know we not pimps or anything but really, a song about being jealous that she got somebody else is the most relateable song dawg. I think people calls Drake's music simp becuase dude pretty much be worshipping girls in his songs more than any rapper out rite.   

Originally Posted by aaf703

I don't know about top 10...I do like his music but I can't take his lyrics seriously
indifferent.gif
 come on son

But see, to me that shows how versatile he can be as an artist which plays to his advantage imo. How many other hip-hop acts can do this?

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by aaf703

indifferent.gif
 come on son

But see, to me that shows how versatile he can be as an artist which plays to his advantage imo. How many other hip-hop acts can do this?

LOL. Like I said before Marvin's room is the SIMP National Anthem. You simps stand and salute.

Back
Top Bottom