10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

HOLD ON! I usually read through threads before I reply, but this dude is seriously high as %$#@ right now.  You really think Missy, Cam'Ron, Cee-Lo, Beanie Sigel, Rick Ross, The Game, and Jeezy are better than Drake?  How did you manage to mention Missy Elliot and not Lauryn Hill?
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Now I'm not gonna say that Drake will be top 10 DOA in 10-15 years, but there's some dudes that don't wanna give him credit for being better than 90 95% of the rappers out today.  Kanye's rapping fell off after College Dropout, and this is coming from someone who owns all of his albums except 808s.  WTT wasn't even near what it was expected to be, I'd much rather listen to MBDTF.
are you okay? hell YES Cee-Lo is better than Drake. 
that is all.

Enlighten me please, from what I've heard from Cee-Lo, he's not better than Drake.  Maybe at R&B, but that'd be it...
Goodie Mob...enlighten yourself

HOLD ON! I usually read through threads before I reply, but this dude is seriously high as %$#@ right now.  You really think Missy, Cam'Ron, Cee-Lo, Beanie Sigel, Rick Ross, The Game, and Jeezy are better than Drake?  How did you manage to mention Missy Elliot and not Lauryn Hill?
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Now I'm not gonna say that Drake will be top 10 DOA in 10-15 years, but there's some dudes that don't wanna give him credit for being better than 90 95% of the rappers out today.  Kanye's rapping fell off after College Dropout, and this is coming from someone who owns all of his albums except 808s.  WTT wasn't even near what it was expected to be, I'd much rather listen to MBDTF.
that is all.

Enlighten me please, from what I've heard from Cee-Lo, he's not better than Drake.  Maybe at R&B, but that'd be it...

Cee-Lo-Green-and-his-perfect-imperfections.jpg
 >>>>> What Drake has done up until this point

that is all.

like i said earlier...as an artist...from goodie mob...to gnarls barkely...to lady killer. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The problem I have with that is I don't really like Gnarls or Lady Killer, didn't listen to Goodie Mob though.  It's not that I think it sucks, it just isn't my cup of tea.

Drake is in my top 3 artists I'd listen to at any time. Not saying he's better than so and so, but he's consistent enough to be in my top 3.

Dude. Drake's rap catalog ended after Comeback Season. 
!+#* outta here with this Top Rap ANYTHING talk

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

that is all.
If you're talking about singing, sure. Rapping? No.

Cee-Lo is unequivocally and unquestionably a better rapper than Drake. If the Gnarls Barkley stuff is too out there for you, then listen to Cee-Lo Green Is The Soul Machine. I feel like thats his least "alternative" album.

This conversation is ludicrous at this point. "Drake is up there with Lupe and Em when he wants to", ridiculous.

For everyone saying that there was just as much BS being put out in the early 90's as it is now, please list the music/artist....

MC Hammer..Vanilla Ice..Shaquille Oneal...A few different artists on No Limit..Master P for that matter..Marky Mark..Will Smith..
There weren't that many artists out during the early 90s, hip hop music wasn't mainstream, but I can still name 100 more.

For those that say Drake is comparable to Nelly....that is the most ******ed thing posted in this thread. Drake has way more talent than that dude.

Still haven't had a single person give me a list of current rappers who are better than Drake. I feel like dudes who hate on Drake only do it cause of his fame and admiration from women. Y'all heads are so salty cause your girlfriend constantly talking about how charming and nice he is haha.

Still haven't had a single person give me a list of current rappers who are better than Drake. I feel like dudes who hate on Drake only do it cause of his fame and admiration from women. Y'all heads are so salty cause your girlfriend constantly talking about how charming and nice he is haha.
Nice sig.

So you're trying to put us on one extreme side of the fence......when you clearly live on the other.

Yea, you're capable of rational, unbiased discussion on this matter.......

Better rappers? Em, Lupe, Jay, Nas, Royce.

Me sitting here and coming up with a list of CURRENT rappers that are better than Drake doesn't change how ridiculous the idea of him being Top 10 DOA is.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Nice sig.

So you're trying to put us on one extreme side of the fence......when you clearly live on the other.

Me sitting here and coming up with a list of CURRENT rappers that are better than Drake doesn't change how ridiculous the idea of him being Top 10 DOA is.

I really don't get how its ridiculous...he has more talent than Royce..thats for damn sure..i won't even argue with the rest because I don't want to start anything.

Nice sig.

So because I'm a fan of his, I'm biased. Nice. You got some amazing hops the way you jump into conclusions like that. Read the thread before making yourself look stupid.
If you were to refer to my other posts, I'm not talking DOA cause that's ridiculous. I'm talking strictly in today's rap. Lupe and Royce, I'll give you. Jay-Z, Nas and Eminem are past their prime evidently so I left them out of the equation. If you're gonna sit here and tell me cats like Gucci Mane, Weezy, and Young Jeezy are better rappers, you should slap yourself in the face twice.

Originally Posted by IamMD

Nice sig.

I really don't get how its ridiculous...he has more talent than Royce..thats for damn sure..i won't even argue with the rest because I don't want to start anything.

We already know you don't get how it's ridiculous.

Define "talent" though. They're rappers. Royce is a better rapper. Drake can't sing very well.

Drake certainly constructs better mainstream songs. That is the ONLY thing that is "for damn sure".

Is that "talent"?

Drake fans certainly have a way of perceiving things that just may not line up with the rest of us. Bless your hearts.

MC Hammer..Vanilla Ice..Shaquille Oneal...A few different artists on No Limit..Master P for that matter..Marky Mark..Will Smith..
There weren't that many artists out during the early 90s, hip hop music wasn't mainstream, but I can still name 100 more.

Your originally said 10-15 years ago, and then you list rappers which are in bold that weren't even in the game during that timeframe, nice try though champ.

Still haven't had a single person give me a list of current rappers who are better than Drake
illphillip gave you a list of rappers, and then your proceeded to move the goal posts back even further by saying that half the rappers he listed were past their prime.  Doesn't matter if those rappers are past their prime or not, they are still better than Drake currently.  You asked for a list of current rappers, and that's exactly what he gave you. 

Nice sig.

So because I'm a fan of his, I'm biased. Nice. You got some amazing hops the way you jump into conclusions like that. Read the thread before making yourself look stupid.
If you were to refer to my other posts, I'm not talking DOA cause that's ridiculous. I'm talking strictly in today's rap. Lupe and Royce, I'll give you. Jay-Z, Nas and Eminem are past their prime evidently so I left them out of the equation. If you're gonna sit here and tell me cats like Gucci Mane, Weezy, and Young Jeezy are better rappers, you should slap yourself in the face twice.
Listen to you. You sound foolish. No one even mentioned Gucci, Weezy or Jeezy. So who are you arguing with?

Apparently you agree on Lupe and Royce. Jay, Nas and Em, even "past their prime" (you sure about Em being past his prime?) are better current rapper than Drake. That's what you asked for right? So why leave them out? Because it suits your argument?

Get your mind right. I could never make myself look stupid.

Check it. I'm a Drake fan. You're sitting here with his team as your sig on a message board. You down with the team? Because if not, you are WAY more than a fan homie.

And that will make it real hard to take your opinion on the matter seriously.

Nice sig.

Drake is one of the best rappers out i think most people can agree on that.  But he is no where near top 10 EVER.  This argument is tired lol.

Royce will rap circles around drake.  Royce's word play and rhyme scheme is unmatched.  You probably haven't listened to a lot of Royce stuff so I will give you ignorance as an excuse.  Death is Certain is better then anything drake has ever done.  Christ Success Is Certain, the whole Bar Exam series, the MIC mixtape, Independents day, Rock City all better then what drake has done (street hop kinda sucked lol). 

The more talent excuse can be used toward most artist il actually give you that.  But not royce, em, Nas, Black Thought, or lupe.

Nice sig.

The fact that your brain even considered the possibility of "arguing" that Drake is better or more talented than Em, Jay, and Nas shows everyone exactly what we're dealing with
roll.gif
.  This makes it painfully obvious that there's really no sense in engaging in further "dialogue" with you guys but I hope you all understand the following:

You Drake fans have to learn to differentiate between your "favorites" and "greatness" because that's clearly the heart of the issue here.  For example, I'm a huge fan of Cormega and he's one of my FAVORITE MCs.  I thoroughly enjoy most of his music and I think he puts out great albums (well, this is somewhat general sentiment in the "hip hop community").  Does that mean I think he's one of the 10 GREATEST MCs that ever lived?  No.  Is he one of my 10 favorite MCs?  Without question.

DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND HOW THAT WORKS?

I promise i'll bump this thread when Take Care drops and that'll do some damage as far as proving why I think Drake is that guy for hip-hop/rap and has been since comeback season.

Nice sig.

Listen to you. You sound foolish. No one even mentioned Gucci, Weezy or Jeezy. So who are you arguing with?

Apparently you agree on Lupe and Royce. Jay, Nas and Em, even "past their prime" (you sure about Em being past his prime?) are better current rapper than Drake. That's what you asked for right? So why leave them out? Because it suits your argument?

Check it. I'm a Drake fan. You're sitting here with his team as your sig on a message board. You down with the team? Because if not, you are WAY more than a fan homie.

recovery200.jpg

2703216.jpg

^Yes, I'm sure he's past his prime.

I'm only leaving them out of the equation because they don't fit in the mold of today's rap game. They're better associated with early 00's rap. But even at that, I'll only add in Nas. Blueprint 3, Recovery, Relapse, all garbage when talking rapping and lyricism. I'll say it again, Drake is a top 10 rapper in the game today. You're judging my opinion more off my signature than my actual argument. You tell me I have no argument but you're only out here telling me I'm a Drake stan so whatever I'm stating is invalid.

Also, have you actually listened to Drake aside from Thank Me Later and So Far Gone? Just wondering.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Still haven't had a single person give me a list of current rappers who are better than Drake
illphillip gave you a list of rappers, and then your proceeded to move the goal posts back even further by saying that half the rappers he listed were past their prime.  Doesn't matter if those rappers are past their prime or not, they are still better than Drake currently.  You asked for a list of current rappers, and that's exactly what he gave you. 
Is that it? The argument is current top 10. Y'all thinking I'm calling him the GOAT because of my signature?
laugh.gif
Come on son.

recovery200.jpg

2703216.jpg

^Yes, I'm sure he's past his prime.

I'm only leaving them out of the equation because they don't fit in the mold of today's rap game. They're better associated with early 00's rap. But even at that, I'll only add in Nas. Blueprint 3, Recovery, Relapse, all garbage when talking rapping and lyricism. I'll say it again, Drake is a top 10 rapper in the game today. You're judging my opinion more off my signature than my actual argument. You tell me I have no argument but you're only out here telling me I'm a Drake stan so whatever I'm stating is invalid.

Also, have you actually listened to Drake aside from Thank Me Later and So Far Gone? Just wondering.

WHAT!!!

Relapse word play wise is incredible (stupid accent aside).  And Recovery is the highest selling hip hop album of this year??? His rapping on that album is great and he made a ton of great SONGS on that album.  At this point its just your personal opinion.  Because the millions who bought Recovery don't agree with you.

But yeah drake is top 10 out now.  But he is behind Em Jay Nas Lupe Royce Wayne Black Thought...but yeah he gets in the top 10 sure

Originally Posted by red mpls

Nice sig.

The fact that your brain even considered the possibility of "arguing" that Drake is better or more talented than Em, Jay, and Nas shows everyone exactly what we're dealing with
roll.gif
.  This makes it painfully obvious that there's really no sense in engaging in further "dialogue" with you guys but I hope you all understand the following:

You Drake fans have to learn to differentiate between your "favorites" and "greatness" because that's clearly the heart of the issue here.  For example, I'm a huge fan of Cormega and he's one of my FAVORITE MCs.  I thoroughly enjoy most of his music and I think he puts out great albums (well, this is somewhat general sentiment in the "hip hop community").  Does that mean I think he's one of the 10 GREATEST MCs that ever lived?  No.  Is he one of my 10 favorite MCs?  Without question.

DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND HOW THAT WORKS?
"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

I promise i'll bump this thread when Take Care drops and that'll do some damage as far as proving why I think Drake is that guy for hip-hop/rap and has been since comeback season.

"SELF DESTRUCTION...................YA HEADED FOR SELF DESTRUCTION!!"

Back
Top Bottom