10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

Silly rabbit...   Drake is for kids!!!

His music is pure POP.     Studio produced, millions of dollars invested.... POP!!!

Thats why you hear him on the radio all the time. He is a serious investment to many people, who secure their investment by making sure he appeals to the age group with the most disposable income (teens).

DRAKE = FAKE 

Dont be fooled... this guy is an actor, not a rapper.
Hes been on Canadian TV since he was a little kid... not very gangsta.

All/most "hot" artist have millions of dollars invested in them... You think Pac, nas, Jay, Big etc etc didnt get advance money?....You think it was free to shoot all of those videos?....And getting alot of radio Spins=Pop?....Ok....

...and who said he was "gangsta" though?

Rapper=Gangsta?.....I don't get your argument or why its even in this thread...
laugh.gif

No. He hasn't even been in the game for that long. I always thought and still think Wayne ghost writes for him. Way to many other great artist to put him at top 10 DOA. Let me list some. Pac, UGK, Eazy E, Chamillionaire, and Z-Ro. Chamillionaire and Z-Ro are the most underrated rappers in the game. Kanye, Jigga, Nas and BIG are better also. And I don't like any of them*edit - I forgot Wayne. He is also better.

Originally Posted by DaHero1017

No. He hasn't even been in the game for that long. I always thought and still think Wayne ghost writes for him. Way to many other great artist to put him at top 10 DOA. Let me list some. Pac, UGK, Eazy E, Chamillionaire, and Z-Ro. Chamillionaire and Z-Ro are the most underrated rappers in the game. Kanye, Jigga, Nas and BIG are better also. And I don't like any of them*edit - I forgot Wayne. He is also better.

Actually, I'm 99.2% sure Drake Ghost writes for Lil' Wayne...

And Kanye West a better rapper than Drake?....Not really... I'd go as far Drake Lately>"Young Hova the God"...Lately

KayCurrency wrote:
All/most "hot" artist have millions of dollars invested in them... You think Pac, nas, Jay, Big etc etc didnt get advance money?....You think it was free to shoot all of those videos?....And getting alot of radio Spins=Pop?....Ok....

...and who said he was "gangsta" though?

Rapper=Gangsta?.....I don't get your argument or why its even in this thread...
laugh.gif

Not an argument at all. Im just sayin... dudes a modern day backstreet boy. 

Stuff teenage girls want to hear. 

All the "hot" artists you listed came out nearly 20 years ago.
laugh.gif

Radio spins does equal Pop, wether its rap, country or rock'n'roll. 
If it ain't on NPR... its pop.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Call me what you will.................................. But a dude like Chuck D was not an amazing lyricist (same as Drake). It would take a monumental effort for Drake to pass a Chuck D.
Fear Of A Black Planet, It Takes A nation Of Millions; I don't see that happening.
It's real comments like this that go unnoticed in this thread. People only like to focus on the dumb comments, but when a real bonafied one comes out people just let it pass. This is a quality argument right here.

And when did this thread go from Drake being top 10 DOA to top 10 right now. It's like so many people came out and bashed this argument and then all of a sudden everyone is like well he's dope right now. Yes he's hot right now, no doubt. He's making a new lane in the rap game kind of, for sure. He sells records, of course because he's put out there like that to sell records. But all that does not equal top 10 DOA. There have been plenty of multi-platinum artists over the years that had a decent impact in their time frame but are long forgotten (Mase) and will not be remembered as someone legendary. Everyone has the potential to be the greatest artist ever but from what Drake has done right now, I don't see it. I see him making a few more good albums and having a bunch more features (which I still don't get how that's the mark of being top 10 DOA) but until he starts banging out classics that the entire music world can't deny he's not going to be that. Time will tell and that's about it.

** And funny enough I really like TML but I still don't see it.

top ten doa in terms of music. like real music? like michael jackson, the beatles, u2, johnny cash, miles davis real music. drake aint reachin top 1,000 on that list

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

His music is pure POP.     Studio produced, millions of dollars invested.... POP!!!

Thats why you hear him on the radio all the time. He is a serious investment to many people, who secure their investment by making sure he appeals to the age group with the most disposable income (teens).

DRAKE = FAKE 

Please name some rappers/hip-hop artists for "adults."

Originally Posted by jc619er

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Call me what you will.................................. But a dude like Chuck D was not an amazing lyricist (same as Drake). It would take a monumental effort for Drake to pass a Chuck D.
Fear Of A Black Planet, It Takes A nation Of Millions; I don't see that happening.
It's real comments like this that go unnoticed in this thread. People only like to focus on the dumb comments, but when a real bonafied one comes out people just let it pass. This is a quality argument right here.

I was going to post this exact response.  Dudes see and hear what they want to though...

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Personally, I'd like to see him spit more.

Until he does something really inspiring or that touches me emotionally (no ayo for you clowns) I don't think he will go in my list

This, I dont understand how ppl who listen to mostly rap can rank dude that high. Musically yea Drake is that dude everything he drops most likely gon touch radio and is liked by both sides but dude aint really spittin that good. Yea dude had 3 years of success but still hasnt dropped an album or mixtape that would make you even think dude is top 10 let alone 25

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

DRAKE = FAKE 

Please name some rappers/hip-hop artists for "adults."

Really??   There are too many to list. 

But off the top of my head Rich the Factor, B-legit, Rakim, Andre Nikitina, Tech n9ne, Smoov-E(hella corny, but def not for kids), Cypress Hill, The WU, Big L & many more.
indifferent.gif

What exactly puts Drake in a "Kids" category? Because he acted in Degrassi?... I mean, yes, young folks love his music because they can relate to some of the subjects in his songs.... He was only like 21-22 when he first sparked up. Some of yall are stuck in the 90's... Like high school kids didn't eff with some of the "legends" mentioned in this thread... Drakes subject matter aint exactly "Kidz Bop" material, he writes about stuff any normal 24-year-old with fame and money goes through...its not up to him who likes/relates to his music... I'm starting to think if Drake had a Tougher up-bringing or atleast some type of "momma we made it out of the Ghetto" story, he would get more respect as a rapper from a lot of you...

The man has enough talent and the potential to be great, just like every other artist mention in this thread... Point blank.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I'm not saying Marvin's Room is a song all dudes should love...not at all...but its a REAL emotion that many people have experienced or at least witnessed. Thats where I think the respect should be garnered.

LOL.

KayCurrency wrote:
What exactly puts Drake in a "Kids" category? Because he acted in Degrassi?... I mean, yes, young folks love his music because they can relate to some of the subjects in his songs.... He was only like 21-22 when he first sparked up. Some of yall are stuck in the 90's... Like high school kids didn't eff with some of the "legends" mentioned in this thread... Drakes subject matter aint exactly "Kidz Bop" material, he writes about stuff any normal 24-year-old with fame and money goes through...its not up to him who likes/relates to his music... I'm starting to think if Drake had a Tougher up-bringing or atleast some type of "momma we made it out of the Ghetto" story, he would get more respect as a rapper from a lot of you...

The man has enough talent and the potential to be great, just like every other artist mention in this thread... Point blank.

indifferent.gif

Another reason I hate him. Its music most average people cant relate to. Sadly many broke dudes try to immitate. Most Drake heads Ive met are mad egotistical for no reason, or kids living on daddys dollar. Dudes rockin a car note on their hoopty, putting expensive clothes, shoes, drink, and what ever else they want on credit frontin like theyre "Doin it".

"More money more problems" only holds true for idiots.  

.....Oh and I bet dollars to doughnuts Drake definitely will be on one of the "Now" CDs if not "Kids Bop". I mean even Outkast has been on Kids Bop
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif

KayCurrency wrote:

indifferent.gif

Another reason I hate him. Its music most average people cant relate to. Sadly many broke dudes try to immitate. Most Drake heads Ive met are mad egotistical for no reason, or kids living on daddys dollar. Dudes rockin a car note on their hoopty, putting expensive clothes, shoes, drink, and what ever else they want on credit frontin like theyre "Doin it".

.....Oh and I bet dollars to doughnuts Drake definitely will be on one of the "Now" CDs if not "Kids Bop". I mean even Outkast has been on Kids Bop
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif

^ This. Nuff said. Lock this up Mods.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

This guy has like 7-8 songs on radio at any point in time...either its his song, he features on it, or he wrote it...that alone...
30t6p3b.gif

I don't understand critics of his RnB though...like the 70s, 80s, and 90s weren't filled with cats singing about lost loves and crying for them to come back. 
eyes.gif

Didn't Ne-Yo have a song recently asking if a girl still THINKS of him anymore? How is Cee-lo's "Forget You" not a simp song? Hes throwing shade that a girl doesn't want to mess with him. Isn't that "beta" male? Or these old school R&B cats saying they'll die for their woman and all sorts of emotional broken-hearted verbiage. It seems that many of you all have a short memory. Let me guess, ya'll only like R&B artists like Trey Songz who just (can't even say "sing") proclaim how sexually active they are with a complete lack of vocal and lyrical talent. 

I'm not saying Marvin's Room is a song all dudes should love...not at all...but its a REAL emotion that many people have experienced or at least witnessed. Thats where I think the respect should be garnered. I applaud dude for capturing some of those sentiments, even if he happens to rap on the following song in the club. 

Dudes just don't like Drake because they want to seem super hard. Its undeniable...his songs are GOOD. You may not like them but you can't stay they are lacking in quality. He has something for EVERYONE. Thats a real artist no matter how you cut it. 

The hate is blatant. Ya'll hear what you all want to hear and pass it off as "fact"

If nothing else, him and Kanye have helped to break the mold of what a "rap artist" should "sound" like. 
"This guy has like 7-8 songs on radio at any point in time...either its his song, he features on it, or he wrote it...that alone... 
30t6p3b.gif
"
I'll never get this mentality. If dude is making good music (as you've said he is) then why does it matter if a ton of people are hearing it? If anything you should be excited that more people are hearing it and not some crappy club dance track.

I agree with what you said about him helping to break the mold of what a rapper should be, he blurs a lot of lines and I love that.

I think I've figured it out. The more popular an artist is, the more nt hates on him. Which explains why cats are dubbing big krits cd album of the year.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I think I've figured it out. The more popular an artist is, the more nt hates on him. Which explains why cats are dubbing big krits cd album of the year.
Nah, it's case he cd was surprisingly good and better than a lot of other stuff that has come out in 2011. I appreciated the backhanded hate though.

KayCurrency wrote:

indifferent.gif

embarassed.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Don't know how many times I have seen that. Pretty much facebook status type stuff.

its hard to say. i mean who knows? 10 years is a long !@*+!%! time in the game. i guess it depends what genre hes considered in, because alot of his tracks are not really rap. but if he keeps going the way he has been his catalog is going to be sick. not to mention having straight hits off of mixtapes/eps. in some respects he has changed the game because of that. before his debut even dropped he had successful, forever, best i ever had, replacement girl, etc. plus all the features he was on prior to thank me later. in my opinion he was killing the game. if the beginning is anything to go by i dont think you can deny the talent/musical ability.

KayCurrency wrote:

indifferent.gif

embarassed.gif
eyes.gif

LOL well damn.  you are one miserable dude who takes out his frustrations in life on drake and people enjoying life.  get some damn help and get off the internet my dude. 

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

QFT

Back
Top Bottom