10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by IamMD

whole time, i bet you get no youngns. eff outta here with the simp talk.

Actually champ I get women, not girls who just got their period for the first time like you clowns.  You and the rest of the simp brigade can highlight Marvin's room all you want to but it just makes you dudes look pathetic and sad.

First off, he has more in his catalog than marvin's room. Second, that is not a simp record, its simply someone being honest on record
eyes.gif

Acting as if you don't have those type of feelings and you're just this pimp who doesn't care for feelings @@*+

First off, Marvin's room just about sums up what Drake is all about, which is why is has the fanbase like you and others that he does.  I wouldn't be surprised if you dudes shop at Forever 21.  Second, it is a simp record, it's the calling card for simps nationwide.  There's a difference between being honest with yourself as a dude versus calling up a chick and crying over the phone because you got dumped and begging for her to take you back and hating on the dude she's currently with.  That's something a simp would do, and hopefully you dudes in the future will learn from the error of your ways.  

Dog, shut up..seriously. The song has nothing to do with "simping."  Its about drunk dialing an ex, which everybody has done in the past.  You come off real insecure, homie.

You said this song isn't about simping...............
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  Bless your heart champ, the answer is right there in front of your face and you still don't want to acknowledge it as fact.  Then you get caught in your feelings talking about dudes being insecure because they don't like Drake, do you realize how suspect that sounds??  Like what kind male sensitivity hold does Drake have you on guys.  You and the rest of these Ronnie Romance simps in here need to get your mahood back intact, quickly.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

IamMD @ 1:20 mark
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...that's pretty alarming actually

I'm not one of the dudes who will throw "simp" around a lot, but there is truly a good line between being honest and full on simping, and Drake does A LOT of the latter.
I guess people just can't tell the difference.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

A honest record about telling your true feeling's to a woman now means your simp
indifferent.gif

tumblr_lq8fxt9TYj1qmg96ro1_400.gif

So calling a woman who's moved on with her life crying and telling her that her bf isn't !#+! just because you're lonely and depressed with your own life isn't simping...ok

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

A honest record about telling your true feeling's to a woman now means your simp
indifferent.gif

tumblr_lq8fxt9TYj1qmg96ro1_400.gif

So calling a woman who's moved on with her life crying and telling her that her bf isn't !#+! just because you're lonely and depressed with your own life isn't simping...ok
Have yall never drunk dialed an ex before??  I have to assume none of you dudes got bent and hit up an ex for some sex...

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

it was quite funny my man. very funny.

You really laughed at that? I guess, agree to disagree
ohwell.gif

It wasn't so much funny as it was truth. You dudes are acting like its all of a sudden cool to cry over spilled milk (Marvin's Room) or rap about nothing (90% of his catalog)

Nah, I just haven't ever shopped at forever 21, maybe that's why it wasn't funny to me *Shrugs*
And rap about nothing? If drake raps about "nothing," who actually raps about something then?

roll.gif
out of all the dudes in that vid I didn't think that he would be the one getting emotional. Drake is like the hip hop Oprah, got cats getting in touch with their inner child.
roll.gif
@ too energetic, that's probably not what he meant but he's still right. Son almost fainted.

Call me what you will.................................. But a dude like Chuck D was not an amazing lyricist (same as Drake). It would take a monumental effort for Drake to pass a Chuck D.
Fear Of A Black Planet, It Takes A nation Of Millions; I don't see that happening.

This guy has like 7-8 songs on radio at any point in time...either its his song, he features on it, or he wrote it...that alone...
30t6p3b.gif

I don't understand critics of his RnB though...like the 70s, 80s, and 90s weren't filled with cats singing about lost loves and crying for them to come back. 
eyes.gif

Didn't Ne-Yo have a song recently asking if a girl still THINKS of him anymore? How is Cee-lo's "Forget You" not a simp song? Hes throwing shade that a girl doesn't want to mess with him. Isn't that "beta" male? Or these old school R&B cats saying they'll die for their woman and all sorts of emotional broken-hearted verbiage. It seems that many of you all have a short memory. Let me guess, ya'll only like R&B artists like Trey Songz who just (can't even say "sing") proclaim how sexually active they are with a complete lack of vocal and lyrical talent. 

I'm not saying Marvin's Room is a song all dudes should love...not at all...but its a REAL emotion that many people have experienced or at least witnessed. Thats where I think the respect should be garnered. I applaud dude for capturing some of those sentiments, even if he happens to rap on the following song in the club. 

Dudes just don't like Drake because they want to seem super hard. Its undeniable...his songs are GOOD. You may not like them but you can't stay they are lacking in quality. He has something for EVERYONE. Thats a real artist no matter how you cut it. 

The hate is blatant. Ya'll hear what you all want to hear and pass it off as "fact"

If nothing else, him and Kanye have helped to break the mold of what a "rap artist" should "sound" like. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

This guy has like 7-8 songs on radio at any point in time...either its his song, he features on it, or he wrote it...that alone...
30t6p3b.gif

I don't understand critics of his RnB though...like the 70s, 80s, and 90s weren't filled with cats singing about lost loves and crying for them to come back. 
eyes.gif

Didn't Ne-Yo have a song recently asking if a girl still THINKS of him anymore? How is Cee-lo's "Forget You" not a simp song? Hes throwing shade that a girl doesn't want to mess with him. Isn't that "beta" male? Or these old school R&B cats saying they'll die for their woman and all sorts of emotional broken-hearted verbiage. It seems that many of you all have a short memory. Let me guess, ya'll only like R&B artists like Trey Songz who just (can't even say "sing") proclaim how sexually active they are with a complete lack of vocal and lyrical talent. 

I'm not saying Marvin's Room is a song all dudes should love...not at all...but its a REAL emotion that many people have experienced or at least witnessed. Thats where I think the respect should be garnered. I applaud dude for capturing some of those sentiments, even if he happens to rap on the following song in the club. 

Dudes just don't like Drake because they want to seem super hard. Its undeniable...his songs are GOOD. You may not like them but you can't stay they are lacking in quality. He has something for EVERYONE. Thats a real artist no matter how you cut it. 

The hate is blatant. Ya'll hear what you all want to hear and pass it off as "fact"

If nothing else, him and Kanye have helped to break the mold of what a "rap artist" should "sound" like. 

QTF

Imo Drake will fall in the top ten doa, not in rap but in overall music. He is not necessarily a rapper but he's not a singer either. Drake is a talented rapper/singer/songwriter/performer and he touches on issues that average listeners can relate to.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Imo Drake will fall in the top ten doa, not in rap but in overall music. He is not necessarily a rapper but he's not a singer either. Drake is a talented rapper/singer/songwriter/performer and he touches on issues that average listeners Derelicts can relate to.

Fixed

When you Say overall Music, do you mean people Like Mozart? Tina Turner? Michael Jackson? Prince? Miles Davis? Little Richard? Smokey Robinson? Beyonce?Nas? Rakim? Lauren Hill? Kurt Cobain? Mick Jagger? Paul Simon? Whitney Houston? Barry Gibb? Madonna?  People whose music will be heard by your grandchildren? Drake will most likely not be heard by your grandchildren

See What I did there?

See how your opinion goes to doo doo now?

Drake is whats in right now but Jesus Christ, leave the kids legacy alone...................just got hair on sack and ya trying to say top ten...........the sad thing is some of you dont realize that you guys get old too..........Not everyone  you like when you're in your late teens/early 20's will go down in history as the greatest at whatever they do.......

Originally Posted by gambit215

Imo Drake will fall in the top ten doa, not in rap but in overall music. He is not necessarily a rapper but he's not a singer either. Drake is a talented rapper/singer/songwriter/performer and he touches on issues that average listeners Derelicts can relate to.

Fixed

When you Say overall Music, do you mean people Like Mozart? Tina Turner? Michael Jackson? Prince? Miles Davis? Little Richard? Smokey Robinson? Beyonce?Nas? Rakim? Lauren Hill? Kurt Cobain? Mick Jagger? Paul Simon? Whitney Houston? Barry Gibb? Madonna?  People whose music will be heard by your grandchildren? Drake will most likely not be heard by your grandchildren

See What I did there?

Drake is whats in right now but Jesus Christ, leave the kids legacy alone...................just got hair on sack and ya trying to say top ten...........the sad thing is some of you dont realize that you guys get old too..........Not everyone  you like when you're in your late teens/early 20's will go down in history as the greatest at whatever they do.......

28sogih.jpg

Originally Posted by gambit215

Fixed

See What I did there?

Drake is whats in right now
but Jesus Christ, leave the kids legacy alone...................just got hair on sack and ya trying to say top ten...........the sad thing is some of you dont realize that you guys get old too..........Not everyone  you like when you're in your late teens/early 20's will go down in history as the greatest at whatever they do.......

Right now? His takeover has been going on since mid 08' though.

I don't see what you did there, because the thing is...
How do you know he won't end up being immortalized like those musicians above? You don't know that. Not to say that he is or isn't, but you are in essense emphatically saying that he won't, which at this point in his career, is far too early to tell.

What makes his opinion "Doo doo" and yours isnt ? 

gambit215 wrote:
Drake is whats in right now
Drake has had 3 straight years of undeniable success. Someone earlier said 2 years from now he would be 50 cent status, y'all just can't be pulling stuff out of thin air. Who knows how his career will turn out. But by the looks of it, Drake will continue releasing some of the best music available and I'm happy with that
ohwell.gif

Personally, I'd like to see him spit more.

Until he does something really inspiring or that touches me emotionally (no ayo for you clowns) I don't think he will go in my list

Yea don't understand why dudes come in here to throw salt, not even quote worthy. Not everyone is going to like him, but that goes for any artist. I do agree its early to make assumptions, dude has only put out one studio album and his career can go anywhere in the next 3-5 yrs. But looking at his early work dude has something, just hope he grows and expands on it to make that lasting impression.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Right now? His takeover has been going on since mid 08' though.

I don't see what you did there, because the thing is...
How do you know he won't end up being immortalized like those musicians above? You don't know that. Not to say that he is or isn't, but you are in essense emphatically saying that he won't, which at this point in his career, is far too early to tell.

What makes his opinion "Doo doo" and yours isnt ? 

I agree with most of what you said before, but you mentioned that as if he'd ten years strong right now
laugh.gif
. Alot can change in 3-5 years (for better or worse). 50 in 02/03 was in a whole different state than 50 in 07/08. Nelly in 2000 vs Nelly in 2005, DMX in 98 vs DMX in 2003, you can almost do that with every artist.I do believe he'll go down as one of the notable artists who made a shift in the change of music, but for top ten DOA, there's just way too many people he'd have to pass to do that, and that's whether you're talking about top ten rappers or just top ten artists period.

Back
Top Bottom