10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

As far as being top 10 dead of alive 15 years from now? I think most would agree that he has the best shot at landing this title at the moment. I don't see how he couldn't be top 10 when its all set and done.

A great rapper, with a real r&b presence, commercially successful, I mean...as long as he keeps going I don't see how he wouldn't end up on most top' list.

gentry187 wrote:
My top 10 as far as artist that are the whole package (lyrics, sales, consistency, and charisma)

NaS
Jay Z
BIG
2pac
Eminem
Snoop Dogg
Kanye
Lil Wayne
DMX
OutKast (and if u want to get technical then make it Andre 3000)

As far as right now I see Drake in the same spot 50 was in when he came out. If you would of asked most people back in 04 they probably would of put 50 in their top 10, top 5 maybe. Drake is slowly losing steam and who knows how long can he keep it up.

It's just hilarious how much drake get's hated on. Drake has one thing 50 never had ARTISTIC CREATIVITY. If he's losing steam than all those rappers you listed would love to be in his position. Yeah snoop, outkast (yes I said it), DMX (lol),and Snoop would love to Drake's popularity as of now. Other than Outkast I don't see them going platinum, remember I'm basing this off of you saying Drake is losing hype not lyrical capability....

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

gentry187 wrote:
My top 10 as far as artist that are the whole package (lyrics, sales, consistency, and charisma)

NaS
Jay Z
BIG
2pac
Eminem
Snoop Dogg
Kanye
Lil Wayne
DMX

As far as right now I see Drake in the same spot 50 was in when he came out. If you would of asked most people back in 04 they probably would of put 50 in their top 10, top 5 maybe. Drake is slowly losing steam and who knows how long can he keep it up.

It's just hilarious how much drake get's hated on. Drake has one thing 50 never had ARTISTIC CREATIVITY. If he's losing steam than all those rappers you listed would love to be in his position. Yeah snoop, outkast (yes I said it), DMX (lol),and Snoop would love to Drake's popularity as of now. Other than Outkast I don't see them going platinum, remember I'm basing this off of you saying Drake is losing hype not lyrical capability....
Yeah these artist would like to have drakes popularity NOW....but drake would die for DMX's popularity in X's prime.....X had 6 number 1 albums....SIX....or outcasts popularity during their prime.  Drake now is no where near as popular as those two (three) artists were in their prime.

Il give you drake as an artist is better now then 50 in his prime.  But he needs to still prove that.  Get Rich or Die Tryin' is a classic to me....more so the SFG.  But he needs to drop a classic album in my eyes to surpass 50. 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

gentry187 wrote:

NaS
Jay Z
BIG
2pac
Eminem
Snoop Dogg
Kanye
Lil Wayne
DMX

Yeah these artist would like to have drakes popularity NOW....but drake would die for DMX's popularity in X's prime.....X had 6 number 1 albums....SIX....or outcasts popularity during their prime.  Drake now is no where near as popular as those two (three) artists were in their prime.

Il give you drake as an artist is better now then 50 in his prime.  But he needs to still prove that.  Get Rich or Die Tryin' is a classic to me....more so the SFG.  But he needs to drop a classic album in my eyes to surpass 50. 

omg. you are just being ridiculous now..seriously.

Drake definitely is not losing steam. If anybody is losing any steam, it's Wayne at this point. I know "How To Love" gets loads of airplay, but it
feels like it's getting Young Jeezy "Ballin" airplay, where you just play it until people force themselves to like it.

How the hell would we know? There's alot of things that could happen within 15 years from now OP.

C'mon , you know better...

Originally Posted by IamMD

how so?

how so?

i mean i guess i see what you're saying..lol but i don't understand how you think he's a better artist than 50 yet he has not surpassed 50. 

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

How the hell would we know? There's alot of things that could happen within 15 years from now OP.

Just a discussion fam'...

Just like people predicting artists album sales....just foreshadowing ones career, that's all

how so?

i mean i guess i see what you're saying..lol but i don't understand how you think he's a better artist than 50 yet he has not surpassed 50. 

I get you...i just feel like you have to prove it some how.  Like to me Lauren Hill is one of the best artists alive....but like she hasn't put out a lot...same with Andre 3000.  He is an exceptional artist....but i can't really place him above a Nas or a Jay-Z even though i personally feel like he is a better "artist".

Subjective really lol/ personal belief

how so?

I get you...i just feel like you have to prove it some how.  Like to me Lauren Hill is one of the best artists alive....but like she hasn't put out a lot...same with Andre 3000.  He is an exceptional artist....but i can't really place him above a Nas or a Jay-Z even though i personally feel like he is a better "artist".

Subjective really lol/ personal belief

nah, that makes sense, though.  He needs more material before you make a decision on him. pause.

People "force" themselves to like songs now? Is that why "How to Love"'s blazing up the pop charts?
laugh.gif

The things dudes say on this board
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

People "force" themselves to like songs now? Is that why "How to Love"'s blazing up the pop charts?
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
So you didn't actully comprehend that? You've never had the idea that if you hear something so much, you'll eventually like it, whether you though so or not?
You're right about the things dudes say on this board man.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
So you didn't actully comprehend that? You've never had the idea that if you hear something so much, you'll eventually like it, whether you though so or not?
You're right about the things dudes say on this board man.

A whole entire music audience though? Way to generalize.Usually if people as a whole aren't feeling a song, it doesn't get the airplay. Simple as that. Why can't people actually LIKE the song? You mad that it gets radio play?

Truth.

Only thing I unequivocally know: you're going to be here to bump this thread 10 and 15 years from now.

Prisoners of the moment
Originally Posted by HankMoody

Truth.

Only thing I unequivocally know: you're going to be here to bump this thread 10 and 15 years from now.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Which SFG are we talking about, the mixtape or the EP. Because in my eyes a mixtape or EP cannot be considered a classic. TML is a really good album and serves as something that can hopefully take him to the next level but that has to be proven. Documentary was a really good album and we have now seen where Game's career has gone four albums later, still no classic. So time is definitely going to tell with Drake. And Nas, Biggie and Snoop all put out bonafied classics with their repsective full length debuts, not mixtapes or EPs. 

Originally Posted by jc619er

Which SFG are we talking about, the mixtape or the EP. Because in my eyes a mixtape or EP cannot be considered a classic. TML is a really good album and serves as something that can hopefully take him to the next level but that has to be proven. Documentary was a really good album and we have now seen where Game's career has gone four albums later, still no classic. So time is definitely going to tell with Drake. And Nas, Biggie and Snoop all put out bonafied classics with their repsective full length debuts, not mixtapes or EPs. 
Game's debut album was good because of 50, though...after that help was gone..well..we all know how that turned out.

A whole entire music audience though? Way to generalize. Usually if people as a whole aren't feeling a song, it doesn't get the airplay. Simple as that.
Nah, I wasn't generalizing an entire audience, but do you really think that if people aren't feeling a song, that it will just not get any more airplay, and it'll be as "simple as that"???
There are times when an artist (or the company for that matter) will want whatever single played no matter what, and they will pay whatever amount of money to keep that song
in rotation. I'm not at all saying Wayne did/does that, but that type of stuff goes WAY back.

A whole entire music audience though? Way to generalize. Usually if people as a whole aren't feeling a song, it doesn't get the airplay. Simple as that.
Nah, I wasn't generalizing an entire audience, but do you really think that if people aren't feeling a song, that it will just not get any more airplay, and it'll be as "simple as that"???
There are times when an artist (or the company for that matter) will want whatever single played no matter what, and they will pay whatever amount of money to keep that song
in rotation. I'm not at all saying Wayne did/does that, but that type of stuff goes WAY back.

Valid point, but that's why they also include sales in addition to radio play. How to Love sells too.

Valid point, but that's why they also include sales in addition to radio play. How to Love sells too.
How to Love is one of the most embarrassing songs in the history of music period.

Oh yea it sells no doubt, I was just talking about how the singles catch on, and the rate they are played and stuff. DJ Khaled is actually
notorious for constantly spinning songs on the radio that may not have naturally caught on otherwise. You play something enough, whether
good or bad, people will eventually like it (for the most part).

Back
Top Bottom