10-15 years from now....Drake, top 10 DOA?

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I hope Drake some how reads this and goes HAM on "Take Care"..
laugh.gif

drop an NT subliminal 
smokin.gif

there really ain't much of a point to argue with ignoramuses. It ain't our jobs to try and make them feel Drake's music. red mpls literally listed lil fame and busta rhymes 
roll.gif
on a previous page. pretty laughable. Drake's career and music has dookied all over both of their careers with a span of 3 releases only one being studio. the hate on YM is funny too, Drake could be on any label he wanted and his music still gonna be dope, regardless. People think he can't rap? Yeah ok. Have you all forgot about "City is Mine" "Must Hate Money" "A.M. 2 P.M." I know Drake can definitely flow. And HELL YEAH dude can harmonize and make a hook with the best of them. Dude is the most versatile "Hip-Hop" artist of all time. Imagine if dude could produce like Yeezy it would be over.  I feel his music and yes I think he will be top 10 of all time when its all said and done.

I'm standing by my statement...Drake will be in a lot of yalls top 10 list come 10-15 years from.

I mean if Kanye West and Lupe can make some of yalls list... Why cant Drake if he stays consistent and puts in the work...?

I bet if I made a "10-15 years from now....Kanye West, top 10 DOA?" thread when "Through the Wire" first dropped I would get the same reactions...
because people, for whatever reason just choose to not like Drake.  They ignore his talents and what he has done/capable of.

^^^Download Comeback season...

indifferent.gif

I have downloaded Comeback Season and whatever other mixtape he had, they were GOOD i'll be the first to acknowledge that. But son has been straight average since then and has showed no signs of returning to his Comeback Season days.

And why are you comparing SFG to WTT like that has any relevance in this discussion?  Hell Trap Musik > WTT, that doesn't mean T.I. is better than Kanye or Jay.

sooperhooper wrote:
laugh.gif
the ranking system is the worst concept. There is NO and I repeat NO 1-10 list that will be accepted by all. This thread is pointless because its based on opinions, albeit popular ones. This goes for music, sports, women, cars, cell phones, pizza toppings etc.

Some may think he his top 10 DOA now. Others will laugh at the question. No ones wrong, no ones right.
This. IMO, dude will be top 10. But again, thats my opinion for my top 10.

I'm standing by my statement...Drake will be in a lot of yalls top 10 list come 10-15 years from.

I mean if Kanye West and Lupe can make some of yalls list... Why cant Drake if he stays consistent and puts in the work...?

Well at least your sticking by your statement champ, no matter how WRONG or right you may be, I'll give you that much.  Your willing to march and go to war even if it means you falling off the edge of the cliff. 

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

^^^Download Comeback season...

indifferent.gif

I have downloaded Comeback Season and whatever other mixtape he had, they were GOOD i'll be the first to acknowledge that. But son has been straight average since then and has showed no signs of returning to his Comeback Season days.

And why are you comparing SFG to WTT like that has any relevance in this discussion?  Hell Trap Musik > WTT, that doesn't mean T.I. is better than Kanye or Jay.

Because HOV and Kanye's name are being thrown around but drake gets laughed at...And this is an album that 2 of the "greats" put out... You would think it would be classic material, right?....far from it...

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

I hope Drake some how reads this and goes HAM on "Take Care"..
laugh.gif

drop an NT subliminal 
smokin.gif

there really ain't much of a point to argue with ignoramuses. It ain't our jobs to try and make them feel Drake's music. red mpls literally listed lil fame and busta rhymes 
roll.gif
on a previous page. pretty laughable. Drake's career and music has dookied all over both of their careers with a span of 3 releases only one being studio. the hate on YM is funny too, Drake could be on any label he wanted and his music still gonna be dope, regardless. People think he can't rap? Yeah ok. Have you all forgot about "City is Mine" "Must Hate Money" "A.M. 2 P.M." I know Drake can definitely flow. And HELL YEAH dude can harmonize and make a hook with the best of them. Dude is the most versatile "Hip-Hop" artist of all time. Imagine if dude could produce like Yeezy it would be over.  I feel his music and yes I think he will be top 10 of all time when its all said and done.
Ignoramuses? Really? 
Drake better than Busta? You're kidding right?

Drake most versatile Hip Hop artist of all time? More so than Lauryn Hill? Get this man out of here. Drake isn't touching Ms. Hill in either the rapping or singing arena....Like I said, some people need to respect their elders...

Good music in 2011 does not equate/compare to Good music in 1996...for better or worse. 

Too many people here are stuck on there elitist high horse from 90s hip hop...IT IS NOT COMING BACK.  If you want Slick Rick...go bump "Hey Young World" or catch him at one of his hole in the wall clubs. 

Don't sit here and name drop 41 Hip Hop artist, the majority of whom are no longer even relevant or putting out material.

It is opinion and that is that...seeing folks claiming who is right and wrong is hilarious.  A feeling or opinion cannot EVER be wrong...misguided, yes, but never right or wrong. 

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Good music in 2011 does not equate/compare to Good music in 1996...for better or worse. 

Too many people here are stuck on there elitist high horse from 90s hip hop...IT IS NOT COMING BACK.  If you want Slick Rick...go bump "Hey Young World" or catch him at one of his hole in the wall clubs. 

Don't sit here and name drop 41 Hip Hop artist, the majority of whom are no longer even relevant or putting out material.

It is opinion and that is that...seeing folks claiming who is right and wrong is hilarious.  A feeling or opinion cannot EVER be wrong...misguided, yes, but never right or wrong. 

this.

also, people fail to realize how music has evolved.  Evolution of music is not bad..its a good thing! look how intricate the production has become and how advanced the flows of the artists today are.  Stop being so stuck in the past, old heads (and i'm not even young, i'm 24)

I am far from a Wayne fan, but he would rap cirrrrrrrrclllles around big daddy kane. LOL

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

this.

also, people fail to realize how music has evolved.  Evolution of music is not bad..its a good thing! look how intricate the production has become and how advanced the flows of the artists today are.  Stop being so stuck in the past, old heads (and i'm not even young, i'm 24)

I am far from a Wayne fan, but he would rap cirrrrrrrrclllles around big daddy kane. LOL
I'd like to see him rap circles around Pun....and he last dropped an album in the 90's

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I am far from a Wayne fan, but he would rap cirrrrrrrrclllles around big daddy kane

Bless your heart.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 I understand that rap was in its early stages and not yet developed..but please. BE SERIOUS.  

He's the new Nelly, he'll fade. Difference is, HE'S NOT ORIGINAL. Last CD had the Wayne type lyrics and Big Sean flow. New CD will be a copy of The Weeknd......who will he copy for album number 3?

He'll never be great to me because every verse is predictable and repetitive, punchlines are out of juice too

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

He's the new Nelly, he'll fade. Difference is, HE'S NOT ORIGINAL. Last CD had the Wayne type lyrics and Big Sean flow. New CD will be a copy of The Weeknd......who will he copy for album number 3?

fam said take a sabbatical
laugh.gif

and to OP, the answer is No. not alot of his music has consistent replay value with me

*shrugs*

I am far from a Wayne fan, but he would rap cirrrrrrrrclllles around big daddy kane

Bless your heart.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 I understand that rap was in its early stages and not yet developed..but please. BE SERIOUS.  

Actually champ, you be serious.  Your getting random punchlines going nowhere confused with actually rap music.  In comparison between the two Wayne is a butter-knife and Big Daddy Kane is a machete.

Top 10 rapper - NO.

Top 10 R&B artist - NO.

MY top 10 for his overall music (songs, mixtapes, singles, feats, etc etc) - Yeah, most likely. Ask me in 10yrs.

Bless your heart.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Actually champ, you be serious.  Your getting random punchlines going nowhere confused with actually rap music.  In comparison between the two Wayne is a butter-knife and Big Daddy Kane is a machete.

yeah, because Wayne didn't master the art of delivery and flowm.
indifferent.gif
 be serious, slim.  However, I do agree (and i'm sure everybody does) he lacks any type of substance.

I don't follow him like some of the younger people on here but doesn't the man just have one official album out at this point? Is the talent level now so depleted that threads like this, based on an actor-turned-rapper/r&b artist who has one album to his name, have any merit? Are you guys really that blind to history? Hip hop has been around for nearly 40 years and you're willingly suggesting this dude is top 10 DOA in 10 years?
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom