*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Damn, son getting greedy.

laugh.gif

Nah man... Just lightly stretching realism..

We won't get D12 until after the All-Star Break (fingers crossed Bynum fingers crossed).. For obvious reasons. It will be the Last Send off for D12. Trading him before that would be a terrible PR move.

The Lakers land D12.. What are the Nets going to do? Who are the Nets going to land to keep DWill? It is very unlikely that anyone will have a significant offer to bring in a great #2 option for DWill that is a vast improvement over Brook Lopez...

Now Pau is not a great trade asset like he was in 09 & 10. But will be the best deal out there. But The Nets are almost forced to take it.. Because there will be nothing left for the Nets to get. And DWill will most certainly walk..

For it to happen D12 first, DWill second.

Other way around it doesn't work as well unless we get Kris Humphries as well to ship with Bynum over to the Magic to get D12 and take Hedo's contract.

You can think it is unlikely that we get both... Of course it is unlikely.. The idea of getting 2 superstars in trades in less than a month is unlikely..

But you can't deny that if the Lakers get Dwight Howard on March 3rd (just a random dateI'm saying. But I think it will be quick after the All Star Break) that the Nets hand will be forced knowing there is no possible way they get DWill to resign...

Do you expect the Nets to then just say well we will let him walk.. If they do then that new ownership just did a disservice to the fans, and their potential to make money in that new arena.

If Lakers get D12 it is very likely they also get DWill before the trade deadline

Originally Posted by Essential1

You can think it is unlikely that we get both... Of course it is unlikely.. The idea of getting 2 superstars in trades in less than a month is unlikely..

But you can't deny that if the Lakers get Dwight Howard on March 3rd (just a random dateI'm saying. But I think it will be quick after the All Star Break) that the Nets hand will be forced knowing there is no possible way they get DWill to resign...

Do you expect the Nets to then just say well we will let him walk.. If they do then that new ownership just did a disservice to the fans, and their potential to make money in that new arena.

If Lakers get D12 it is very likely they also get DWill before the trade deadline

Man if you're right, i will send you a $100 gift card of your choice
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by Essential1

Man if you're right, i will send you a $100 gift card of your choice
laugh.gif
if it happens i'll do the same lol

Essential1 wrote:
Nah man... Just lightly stretching realism..

We won't get D12 until after the All-Star Break (fingers crossed Bynum fingers crossed).. For obvious reasons. It will be the Last Send off for D12. Trading him before that would be a terrible PR move.

The Lakers land D12.. What are the Nets going to do? Who are the Nets going to land to keep DWill? It is very unlikely that anyone will have a significant offer to bring in a great #2 option for DWill that is a vast improvement over Brook Lopez...

Now Pau is not a great trade asset like he was in 09 & 10. But will be the best deal out there. But The Nets are almost forced to take it.. Because there will be nothing left for the Nets to get. And DWill will most certainly walk..

For it to happen D12 first, DWill second.

Other way around it doesn't work as well unless we get Kris Humphries as well to ship with Bynum over to the Magic to get D12 and take Hedo's contract.
Buss will never let both Bynum and Gasol go. Besides, even if he did, the front court would become significantly weaker.

Eff a 'significantly weaker frontcourt'; if you ask me 4 times "Would you get rid of Bynum and Gasol to acquire D-Will and D12?", I would answer "YESSSS!" 104 times.

You talk about the future being set.
laugh.gif
We woild basically watch as the face of our franchise for the past decade wound down for the next few years, and the team would be built around our next power tandem.

Yes please.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Eff a 'significantly weaker frontcourt'; if you ask me 4 times "Would you get rid of Bynum and Gasol to acquire D-Will and D12?", I would answer "YESSSS!" 104 times.

laugh.gif
We woild basically watch as the face of our franchise for the past decade wound down for the next few years, and the team would be built around our next power tandem.

Yes please.
laugh.gif

Hell yeah if this were to happen first reaction would be 

Second reaction would be 

Originally Posted by tupac003

laugh.gif

Yes please.
laugh.gif

Second reaction would be 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Where'd you get those Crank Dat emos? 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif

Yes please.
laugh.gif

Second reaction would be 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Where'd you get those Crank Dat emos? 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

These came up on NT a couple years ago. Saved to my photobucket! Real talk...let us get D-12 or D-will I will be right with those emos...LOL 
laugh.gif

Howard doesn’t expect trade in near future, if at all

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports

Jan 9, 3:00 am EST

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Dwight Howard thinks he’ll represent the Orlando Magic at this year’s All-Star Game in Orlando – and he doubts he’ll be switching uniforms at all this season in spite of his desire to be traded.

Howard has not rescinded his trade request, but he told Yahoo! Sports he thinks there’s a “100 percent

Howard doesn’t expect trade in near future, if at all

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports

Jan 9, 3:00 am EST

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Dwight Howard thinks he’ll represent the Orlando Magic at this year’s All-Star Game in Orlando – and he doubts he’ll be switching uniforms at all this season in spite of his desire to be traded.

Howard has not rescinded his trade request, but he told Yahoo! Sports he thinks there’s a “100 percent

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

If Dwight doesn't get traded can we sign him as a free agent? I'm pretty we would have to trade Bynum.
Team Option on Bynum after the year is up that we could decline.. But with Kobe + Gasol + Metta + Fish + Blake  NOT AT ALL

Orlando Magic — posted by brian schmitz on January, 9 2012 9:53 AM
Discuss This: Comments(48) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Magic can't let All-Star show delay a Howard trade

Dwight Howard says he doesn’t think he’ll be traded before the all-star game in Orlando on Feb. 26, adding the Magic might not even deal him before the March 15 deadline.
Howard needs new sources.

Owner Rich DeVos and family have given the order: Unless Howard changes his mind, the Magic will deal Dwight and not let him walk like Shaq did 15 years ago.

The Magic must receive compensation, and the best compensation now — as always — is Lakers center Andrew Bynum.

And if GM Otis Smith gets an offer he can’t refuse before the All-Star Game comes to town, I expect him to act on it. While it would be uncomfortable for Magic fans to see Howard in another uniform, the Magic have to look out for their future, just as Dwight is looking out for his.

Besides, there won’t be that many Magic fans attending the all-star game, anyway, not with those prices and the amount of tickets available.

Having Howard in another uniform will be just as much a black eye for the league during its showcase event. (David Stern and owners bickered for months, and did nothing to help the smaller markets).

As I’ve said several times, Bynum is the best compensation any team would have received in exchange for a player who is forcing his way out of town.

Bynum is better than whatever the Denver Nuggets received for Carmelo Anthony, better than what the New Orleans Hornets got for Chris Paul, even with the commissioner’s help.

Howard told Yahoo! sports after the Magic’s win against the Kings, “I don’t think (the Magic) are going to do anything right now because we’re winning. Even if this is the last season, let’s go out hard, regardless.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Orlando Magic — posted by brian schmitz on January, 9 2012 9:53 AM
Discuss This: Comments(48) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Magic can't let All-Star show delay a Howard trade

Dwight Howard says he doesn’t think he’ll be traded before the all-star game in Orlando on Feb. 26, adding the Magic might not even deal him before the March 15 deadline.
Howard needs new sources.

Owner Rich DeVos and family have given the order: Unless Howard changes his mind, the Magic will deal Dwight and not let him walk like Shaq did 15 years ago.

The Magic must receive compensation, and the best compensation now — as always — is Lakers center Andrew Bynum.

And if GM Otis Smith gets an offer he can’t refuse before the All-Star Game comes to town, I expect him to act on it. While it would be uncomfortable for Magic fans to see Howard in another uniform, the Magic have to look out for their future, just as Dwight is looking out for his.

Besides, there won’t be that many Magic fans attending the all-star game, anyway, not with those prices and the amount of tickets available.

Having Howard in another uniform will be just as much a black eye for the league during its showcase event. (David Stern and owners bickered for months, and did nothing to help the smaller markets).

As I’ve said several times, Bynum is the best compensation any team would have received in exchange for a player who is forcing his way out of town.

Bynum is better than whatever the Denver Nuggets received for Carmelo Anthony, better than what the New Orleans Hornets got for Chris Paul, even with the commissioner’s help.

Howard told Yahoo! sports after the Magic’s win against the Kings, “I don’t think (the Magic) are going to do anything right now because we’re winning. Even if this is the last season, let’s go out hard, regardless.

Dude are you a wizard or something? We more than likely won't get either one.

Yeah i doubt that Dwight or Deron will come to LA this season. That's just too good to be true. It would make LA become instant #1 championship contender overnight.

My guess is Dwight will stay in Orlando for the entire season and then he'll get trade after the season

i think it's possible we get dwight after the ASG, but wouldnt be surprised to see ORL let him walk as an FA come summertime

Back
Top Bottom