*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

The worst part is, is CP3 informed the GM Demps that he will not be signing an extension during the season or in the off season..

So Demps spent the week fielding offers and found a GREAT DEAL (all things considered), because he knew he couldn't keep CP3 but for this 1 season..

That's how it works.. Sten likes the "It's a business" talk when it comes from owners.. But when it comes from players, he won't allow it.

Paul has been great to NO and the Hornets. And I am sure had this trade never "happened" Paul would be busting his +%* for the Hornets, and would still leave July 1st.. But it was Demps choice to look for offers in which he succeeded in one that would keep the Hornets a potential playoff team with room to build as well.

Facepalms all around.. Once again you wonder why there was a lockout, and wonder why it took so long because the owners just want to "own" a team to say they own a team. They complain about they are losing money.. That's because you suck.. You want to make money, you have to win.. You want to win, you need to spend money even if you don't have it, be unprofitable as you spend money to win for a few years until you have a winning team which increases all forms of revenue..

Originally Posted by jcbacall

7qlxjy
roll.gif

Perfect execution. If the deal pushes thru I hope LA would Acquire Scola too.

Lakers Blog
ROUND-THE-CLOCK PURPLE AND GOLD
« Previous Post | Lakers Blog Home
Lamar Odom in 'disbelief' after nearly being traded to Hornets
December 8, 2011 | 8:00 pm

Lamar Odom is still a Laker, but he doesn't sound completely thrilled about it.

Odom admitted that he was “shocked

Lakers should just wait for Cavs to use the amnesty on Bdiddy and sign him.  He'll play on a different level if motivated.  Lakers are still a championship caliber team.

David Stern vetoed the trade cause he was told that D.Howard to LA was coming up next. SMH

Trade Bynum and Odom and Blake and 2 1st rounders to Magic for D12 and Hedo...

Then be done with it... And get CP3 in the off season however that works

Not only did stern mess up the deal for all parties, he may have just ruined ANY chemistry in our locker room. SMH

Originally Posted by Lxj

Lakers should just wait for Cavs to use the amnesty on Bdiddy and sign him.  He'll play on a different level if motivated.  Lakers are still a championship caliber team.

I'll take my chances on signing Chauncey first, if it doesn't happen then it's B.Diddy.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

so if we put together a deal for Dwight that will get nixed too?

This is complete horse +$%!

no only Hornets because they are owned by NBA

Even though Stern told Dell Demps to pursue a trade involving CP3, and get the best deal you can, and he'd stand back and not get involved.

you thought those two played bad before....ooooh weeeeee let this deal not go through smh. you gon see the two worst, most unmotivated, uninspired champions ever. How do you go out and fight for somebody that was ready to pass you two seconds ago, but couldnt so now they stuck with you...training amp is gonna blow.

and out of everything...Fisher is still starting pg for us....$#$%!!

Phil saw this coming:

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Jackson Questions Where 'Final Say' On A Chris Paul Trade Would Come[/h3]
Dec 30, 2010 7:30 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh_091208.jpg

Phil Jackson says he's "not happy" about the NBA's ownership of the Hornets and is not optimistic about the possibility of the team remaining in New Orleans.

Jackson also commented on how the NBA's takeover raises questions about where the final say on a Chris Paul trade, should it happen, comes from.

Via Orange County Register

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...n_A_Chris_Paul_Trade_Would_Come#ixzz1g0hXRATT

Insider article from espn titled "Stern Saves Lakers from Themselves" off title alone Holligner probably wrote the biggest piece of crap story ever... I didn't even care to click on it to read it...

If he thinks the Lakers were only making this move and were done, he knows nothing about basketball operations.. Everyone knows what was the next move in the next couple weeks, and probably sooner if Lakers got a big as well in the Paul deal...

And they'd still be a very solid bench team

this is such BS....Thanks for shafting us NBA...Our team is effectively ruined. Other owners are just haters, not our fault your teams *+#+#** blow balls.

So much sodium....I'm done, I'm not watching the NBA this season. First the lockout now this.
Stern is an idiot. Why is he STILL the commissioner? Dude is as stupid as he is homely. 

Went into a final exam hearing that we got CP.  Felt great those 3 hours.  Then I hear this.
indifferent.gif

I just dont get how they can be so reckless/careless by canceling the trade. I mean I get it of other owners were *****ing and moaning but they still have a team to run. What about ours? Does our chemistry not matter?

I mean come on!!!! This is THE must crucial moment for our organizations future, we're in our twilight. This was it, this move gave us new life. Now we're stuck with an old team that is going to have poor chemistry.

Thanks a lot NBA, for real. What a way to kill our organization. Absolutely reckless. David Stern should step down, he is a buffoon. Thanks for alienating the leagues most historic team. Great move.

I'm beyond pissed right now.

Originally Posted by gijace

Originally Posted by Lxj

I'll take my chances on signing Chauncey first, if it doesn't happen then it's B.Diddy.
Both horrible $%!%@*! choices. You might as well keep Fisher as the PG... 
Stern is a #$!+* made dude. The owners are clowns. Just as someone said, they took the face of one of the leagues 2 most historic teams and tea bagged them. Sad day. 

Back
Top Bottom