*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Even if the owners are "well within their rights to veto the trade", do they not care about the league as a whole? I mean I understand CP3 is a top 10 player, I understand that he's arguably the best player at his position but no one else wanted to play hard ball like we did.

You got the Warriors not willing to move Steph Curry for CP3, C'MON MAN!! What they going to do with 3 PGs (okay 2.5, Monta is essentially a combo guard)

You've got the Knicks with absolutely nothing to offer in a trade for CP3.

We let go of our SECOND BEST and FOURTH BEST player(s) to make this trade happen. Two of our most important pieces, to make this trade happen. Now vetoing it (which BTW I don't believe for one second that the trade wasn't part of the Board of Governors meeting, that is absolutely a smokescreen and I for one will not be spoon-fed such blatant lies by an NBA spokesman) you've effectively put the leagues most venerable franchise (also quite possibly the leagues most profitable and iconic along with the Bulls, Celtics and Knicks) in a state of utter chaos and discord.

What are we supposed to do now? How can they expect Gasol and Odom to bring their best now? Even if they begrudgingly continue to do their jobs we will inevitably collapse when it counts the most. Teams NEED to gel in order to compete at the highest level. We'll make the playoffs sure, but I'm not expecting any rings.

Honestly, this is a dark day in our franchises history. Next to hearing about Magic's unfortunate contraction of HIV and his career being cut short as a result (which by far was the greatest tragedy to happen to our franchise, God Bless Magic, may he continue to live a long life), this collapsed deal could eventually kill this team for quite some time....

I bet the haters are happy, sad, when you've been losing so long the only joy some people can get is to see the mighty fall. They'll never rise to such great heights though.

#rant #FFFFFFFUUUUUUU

CP-got-Stern_d_medium.gif

^^^ How many championships do the Raptors have???
Another thing, Derozan? He has a better chance retiring a Laker than a Raptor. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 If we even want him when he hits the FA market.

if im the lakers i look and see if any legal action can be taken against the league regarding this and if there are any loopholes while going out of my way to give the nba, stern, gilbert, and company all the negative publicity they can possibly get.

i want someone to snuff dan gilbert so bad tho, im tempted to send him a letter of my own.

I usually don't get too upset about sports, considering that I don't control a damn thing but fantasy line ups...but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth for real. I felt like we gave up a lot of CP3 but it damn near sounds like the NBA is tired of the Lakers getting big players and want us to remain stuck in mediocrity for years until our contracts expire.

The agenda of the NBA and its owners right now is @+!@%+* terrible. So...3 teams agree to terms of a deal and you step in due to some trash excuse called "basketball reasons"? If anything, NOLA got better. The Lakers got who they wanted as did the Rockets...while clearing up $. What the hell does the NBA want with this? What do you even approve now? It doesn't make sense. Period.

Stern didn't like how "players" were dictating where they wanted to go? Oh...because that never happens.
indifferent.gif

So in the end, you destroy 3 locker rooms and perhaps, NOLA gets nothing out of Chris Paul...or exceedingly less. What kinda $%%% is this?

I damn near feel like the NBA doesn't want NOLA to succeed in the near future so they can dead that franchise since it's owned by the owners. Can't believe this is happening right now. What a @+!@%+* joke.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Next to hearing about Magic's unfortunate contraction of HIV and his career being cut short as a result (which by far was the greatest tragedy to happen to our franchise, God Bless Magic, may he continue to live a long life), this collapsed deal could eventually kill this team for quite some time....

indifferent.gif
 %%% does this have to do with ANYTHING? Are you just trying to throw in some irrelevant knowledge to prove your a "real" fan because you rockin that NYGIANTS avatar? Your a bandwagoner since birth and no1 cares about your rant. The lakers will prob still get a deal done somewhere and the team will be fine. But my god your post was annoying, especially with the Giants logo staring right at me. Jesus 
laugh.gif

Dan Gilbert trolling, I am sorry Lakers fans for my butt-hurt owner, I don't even want to be associated with my sig after hearing his stupid email

If Magic accept a deal for Brook Lopez and 2 1st Rounders for D12, THEY ARE @#+$@+% STUPID

So what now guys???

D12 %!% why would you want to go to the nets?? if you dont want to win a championship by all means go to NJ

Originally Posted by Essential1

If Magic accept a deal for Brook Lopez and 2 1st Rounders for D12, THEY ARE @#+$@+% STUPID

Forgot to add they are taking in hedos contract which will be the deal breaker.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Still a stupid deal... Any team trading for D12 would be taking Hedo's contract.. If you are a Magic fan and you say we get only Brook Lopez? Why would anyone accept that for the best player in his position by leaps and bounds..

Just playing around with the trade machine Lakers could offer (seeing as the CP3 trade won't happen)... Bynum, Lamar, Ebanks & Blake + A first rounder for D12, Bass, Hedo...

Which would likely be the deal.

If the Nets trade for Howard & Hedo they still need to clear up 9 million in the trade to go through... They have no solid second piece to the trade.. Jordan Farmar
roll.gif

this is some issh, I truly hate what the NBA has become, you would think after the lockout they would want to rebuild in a positive way... as for all the salty owners @@@ go play at the edge of a cliff.. also has anyone from the lakers commented yet ??? 

Still a stupid deal... Any team trading for D12 would be taking Hedo's contract.. If you are a Magic fan and you say we get only Brook Lopez? Why would anyone accept that for the best player in his position by leaps and bounds..

What would u guys offer them?

I'm a huge Knicks fan and of course I wanted CP3 to go to NYC, however this situation is down right disgusting. I'm baffled how David Stern and owners like Dan Gilbert can do something like this. The trade itself is in no way shape or form a bad trade. In fact its one of the more fair trades I've seen in a long time, therefor it should not have been rescinded. There is absolutely no justification on the league's end to veto this trade, and if I were the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets I would be livid and go out of my way to file complaints against the league in whatever manor I could.

With that being said, here's the commissioner's email address, why not have a go at him [email protected] or you can contact his whipping boy [email protected] and have at both of them.

What would u guys offer them?

Bynum, Lamar, Ebanks & Blake + A first rounder for D12, Bass, Hedo...

That is a cap clearing bonanza if the Magic want.. If they don't want Bynum for an extended period of time they decline his $16million option in the offseason..

Back
Top Bottom