*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

LOL. Battier would be a dream pickup. He's one of the best defensive SF in the league and he is a good spot-up shooter. That's really all you can ask for as a compliment to players like Kobe, Gasol, and Odom. As it is now, Artest is inferior to Battier in both of these aspects.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Zo would commit suicide
pimp.gif

Doo would commit suicide 
smokin.gif
Do it Mitch!

Holy... That Jim Buss news is the best news I've heard all day. Bring Dwight to LA! At the same time, Bynum and Odom are pretty valuable pieces... But man, Dwight is a definite game changer.

Out of Battier, Tay, and Caron, I'd go with Battier first, Tay second, and would not want Caron back. I'd probably go with Jamal Crawford before Caron, which is strange because I liked Caron when he was here. I just see Crawford providing much more scoring fire power as a 6th man than Caron would.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I've been on that Bynum/Odom for D12 trade for 2 years, if it were to actually go down, the NBA would lockout again, and we would be voted off the island. 
laugh.gif

The hate/panic/anger thrown our way would be at such an all time level, it would be fantastic. 

Zo would commit suicide
pimp.gif

Doo would commit suicide 
smokin.gif

Small market teams would blame us for everything 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Orlando would never speak to us again after Shaq, 09, and then Dwight 
pimp.gif

And more free agents would come to play with Dwight after Kobe and Pau retire. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The world would be perfect. 
laugh.gif
Imagine if they were able to pull Dwight and CP3. People would be on another level of suicide watch.
Seriously, I wouldn't mind Nick Young. 

Aaaaaaaahhhh, how I've missed my beloved Laker rumors.
smokin.gif

Just skimming through, I see us Laker fans throwing around D12, Battier, and Jamal Crawford, and losing Odom, Bynum.
Bean Pie Slanga:
Battier would be a dream pickup. He's one of the best defensive SF in the league and he is a good spot-up shooter. That's really all you can ask for as a compliment to players like Kobe, Gasol, and Odom. As it is now, Artest is inferior to Battier in both of these aspects.
What he said.

- Fish
- Kobe
- Artest
- Pau
- D12

- Jamal Crawford
- Battier
- Barnes
- Blake
- S. Breezy
- Joe Smith

Chea. Do it, Mitch!

Personally, my 'Hate to see you go' guys are Artest and Odom, my 'untouchables' are Kobe and Pau, and I'm no longer a fan of Fish. I understand that being one of the faces of the players' union is going to lose you some fans sometimes, and this is one of those times. Eff him. Was already playing bad anyways, and then I see him spearheading this crap the last few months? Nah, I'm good on supporting him anymore. Thanks for the contributions, Little Rock.

^^nice
pimp.gif
..that would be a great christmas gift for us lakers fan if we can get Howard
smile.gif
plz mitch!

Here we go with all the D12 hype again.
30t6p3b.gif

Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong...but this *%%$ ain't gonna happen fellas. 
eyes.gif

Fish CANNOT start this year.

I am super adamant about this, this is crucial.....it basically sets the tone for the entire game when other PG's start picking apart fish from the drop.

I really felt this was a big $+* part of last years short-comming, teams knew we had a dent in our armor and continued to hammer away until it gave.

J-Crossover X Nick Young would be the cornerstone for that new SHOWTIME era Mr. Buss wants

I'd take Battier. He's the love and hate type of guy. Gritty player. I hate him but he'll be loved as a Laker. Jamal Crawford? Hmm...we'll see. I honestly don't think we can make huge move but upgrade in outside shooting and point guard is all we need. Our perimeter defense was horrible last year. 

We gonna end up with like none of those guys though ya'll. 
laugh.gif

Shannon will leave, and we'll try to blend in Ebanks and the rooks, I doubt we make any major impact moves this early til they figure out the CBA issues, and then see what it takes to get D12. 

If they find out that there is no way to get D12 under the new CBA rules/money issues, then maybe they start to look at trades and what not. 

Shane, Crawford, Lewis, Baron, Nick Young, etc etc etc all gonna be elsewhere.  No need to commit to mid level guys this early on, see what you have, see the shape the players are in, monitor the Dwight angles, adjust accordingly. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

[h3][/h3]This can't be life.

Lets see if Jim Buss goes through with it though.
roll.gif
 that trade still wont help our main problems. a defensive point guard and shooters
But Dwight Howard anchored one of the worst defensive lineups in basketball, and made it elite, right?
Dwight Howard solves A LOT of our problems. That guy covered for the likes of Hedo, Jameer, Ryan Anderson, Brandon Bass etc etc. He'll do wonders for our defense. Although i'll agree with you in saying that our PGs were defensively incompetent last season, and we could certainly use an upgrade in that area...but Dwight will help out whoever is in that slot a lot. 

Having said that, this is still more Fantasy than Reality...i'll temper my expectations until something concrete comes to the table. 

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Fish CANNOT start this year.

I am super adamant about this, this is crucial.....it basically sets the tone for the entire game when other PG's start picking apart fish from the drop.

I really felt this was a big $+* part of last years short-comming, teams knew we had a dent in our armor and continued to hammer away until it gave.

J-Crossover X Nick Young would be the cornerstone for that new SHOWTIME era Mr. Buss wants
I agree.
Last year Fisher hurt us more than helped us. I love D-Fisher and his late game heroics but he's been a liability for years now. Dude's been getting torched by every PG in the league. The PG position has been a weakness for us for years and we've been getting away with it. Last year we didn't and Fisher had his worst season as a starter.

If end up with Blake/Fisher at least let Blake start to get more familiar with the team and offense. Have Fisher come in late game and before the half etc. Obviously Blake is going to get torched as well, but teams  look at the scouting report, see Fisher and expose us.

It was so bad that we had to have Kobe with one knee guard some of the quicker point guards like Westbrook. How does that even make sense?

I really doubt Fisher even worked out or trained during this off-season. This guy was flying back and forth to New York because of the labor talks. 

@Mike_Bresnahan Only two Lakers took part in voluntary workouts today: Devin Ebanks and rookie Darius Morris. Metta World Peace was there in street clothes.
pimp.gif

Steve Blake also worked out...in the Portland Blazers' practice facility.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom