*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by KOD843

I see J.J. Barea is a free agent. He'd be a small upgrade over Blake, that's for sure! Btw, am I the only one still missing Ariza?
ohwell.gif

[h6]
[/h6]

Your not the only one missing Ariza.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Originally Posted by KOD843

I see J.J. Barea is a free agent. He'd be a small upgrade over Blake, that's for sure! Btw, am I the only one still missing Ariza?
ohwell.gif

[h6]
[/h6]

Your not the only one missing Ariza.
I miss him and would love to have seen him stay.
But him & his agent got greedy during negotiations and they both thought he was a future all-star.

Him & his agent were trying to strong arm Mitch and The Buss Family for the type of money Odom got on his contract extension.

This has all been documented several times in interviews with the media,

FSN West like a year or 2 ago did a interview with Ariza and dude seemed like he knew he made the wrong move by listening to his agent. 

you guys think there is a chance we could get JJ Barea? mosty likey im sure he will stay will mavs but if he doesnt you guys think we could get him??

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm actually looking forward to a new offense. I think Odom and Bynum will flourish under a new system.

What exactly is the new system? We all know Mike Brown is a defensive coach but what about the offense?
Well, I assume an up and down offense, as crazy as it seems with the age of the team.  That is why Ettore Messina was brought it from Italy. 
Mike Brown had said they will not be using the triangle offense at all. 

I think the Mavs will pay up and give JJ Barea, no way will they let him go, especially to the Lakers. 

I've heard nothing but good things about Messina, which gives me a lot of hope in this new coaching staff. We've got Mike "Mr. Potatohead" Brown on Defense and Messina on offense. I wonder how long and painful the transition period will be...

JJ Barea: I don't think he's coming our way.

Don't know why y'all are clamoring for JJ Barea when he doesnt really solve the biggest "need" we have at the PG spot which is to stop the other team's PG from putting up a career high against us.

JJ will get carved up just as much as Fish and Blake did....and besides, reason JJ was so successful was because he was able to freelance A LOT. Aside from Dirk, there's no other "create your own shot" type player on the Mavs (JKidd was a setup man primarily and his points came from spot ups)...He was severely limited when couldnt freelance. He won't have that much offensive freedom in LA, not with our lineup, so i dont think he'll be as effective.

Just my 2c though...

Originally Posted by MR J 858

The rest of the Lakers fans like in places like Norcal and other parts of the US will need NBA League Pass for games that aren't nationally televised.
How are you watching those games now?

JJ Barrea? You guys serious? This dude torched us, but he's more of a guy who fits well within a certain system...Like with Dallas.

How is he going to help out guarding guys like D-rose, D-Will, CP3, Westbrook etc?

The Lakers need a point guard that can shoot the ball; whether that be Fish, Blake, Goudelock or a free agent pick up. I doubt it's Morris since that's his biggest weakness skills wise.

The Lakers have gotten away with point guards that sucked defensively. They have not gotten away with points guards that sucked defensively and were poor outside shooters.

It's sad how the Lakers cut ties with anyone who was affiliated with Phil Jackson in any way, smh. All because of Jim Buss. Seems to me that this is just some rich kid who thinks he'll be able to run the business better than his dad.

Kobe Bryant can realistically surpass Michael Jordan on scoring list

6a00d8341c506253ef015437962b73970c-600wi

Kobe Bryant serves as the perfect symbol for the argument by the players' union that they drive the NBA's popularity. Yet, the Lakers star reportedly urged his colleagues to accept a 50-50 split in basketball-related income.

Bryant definitely loves making money, and is paid lots of it, ranging from his remaining three years, $83.5 million with the Lakers and his Nike endorsement deals. But he also recognizes he has limited years left in winning as many championships as possible. Whether Bryant wants to admit it, time also appears closing in on his chance to climb up the NBA's all-time scoring list. 

He is sixth on the list with 27,868 points, trailing Shaquille O'Neal (28,596), Wilt Chamberlain (31,419), Michael Jordan (32,292), Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387). So it's only realistic he can pass O'Neal this season and possibly throw a parting shot at his former nemesis and teammate. Even with a compressed 66-game schedule, however, Bryant will likely surpass Chamberlain and Jordan before his contract ends.

It remains unclear to what degree Bryant's prolonged off-season and innovative procedure on his right knee will do to his game. But just for the sake of playing it safe, let's assume Bryant can maintain the 25.3 points per game average he posted last season through the rest of his career. Through 230 regular-season games, Bryant would score 5,819 points in 230 regular-season games, putting him still in third place ahead of Jordan with 33,282 points. It's never fair to compare Bryant and Jordan since they're players of their own time, but that milestone and Bryant's quest for a sixth championship ring will inevitably spark that debate. 

But it's unlikely given Bryant's nature that he'll be satisfied with only passing Jordan. Surpassing Karl Malone and Abdul-Jabbar, however, remain unrealistic should Bryant play for only three more seasons. He would have to average 39.39 points through 230 regular-season games to eclipse Malone and 45.73 points in that span to surpass Abdul-Jabbar. 

Of course, this all presumes Bryant won't sit out a game and won't suffer any more serious injuries. Something tells me Bryant has prepared for this challenge. 

Link:

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/11/kobe-bryant-scoring.html

Waits for Ska to chime in
laugh.gif

Get outta here with the Barrea talk, dudes a bum.Barrea isn't going to do anything for this team. Anyone that wants him only fell in love because of how he destroyed the Lakers defense last year in the playoffs. Brooks>>Barrea.

true i have payed more attention to JJ cause he killed us last season but i think he can do more than fisher or blake. thats why i would want him on this team....

wait i dont care what PG we get as long as it a upgrade from what we have right now. no offense to fisher and blake we just need someone better simple as that

^^man malone scored alot of pts...really wanted him to get that ring with lakers
frown.gif

D*** Pistons!!

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

It's sad how the Lakers cut ties with anyone who was affiliated with Phil Jackson in any way, smh. All because of Jim Buss. Seems to me that this is just some rich kid who thinks he'll be able to run the business better than his dad.
I find it funny that Jim Buss hates Phil so much because he's dating his sister.   I wonder how it goes with those family gatherings during the holidays 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom