*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

OMG!!! Don't care if we'll be short on big men, if we get CP3....

SHEESH!!!

Let's worry about filling that role AFTER we get CP3.

But yeah I agree with xsalviotlaw, landing Dwight would be the optimal scenario. CP3 would indeed leave us with a gaping hole at PF but I highly doubt our front office doesn't have a plan for the PF position if we get CP3...

Right?.....RIGHT!?!?!
PLEASE GOD I DON'T CARE I WANT ONE OF THEM!! Lol thirst...

IF we get both of them!!!! We will go on another 3peat!!! Heat schmeat. Dudes don't have any heart.  

Once again...I love gasol....I really would love to see him and D12 together...forget cp3

Rockets:
– Pau Gasol, from Lakers

Lakers:
– Chris Paul, from Hornets

Hornets:
– Louise Scola or Kevin Martin, from Rockets (or both)
– draft picks

Yeah, I don't see how the Hornets do that, unless they're getting Martin and Scola, and the draft picks are high.

It's been confirmed that Shannon Clown has signed with the Suns.

I'm
grin.gif
and
happy.gif
about it. They don't play D there so he'll fit right in.

@christomasson: Source says Hornets thought they were very close to a deal to send Chris Paul to Lakers but then Lakers backed off. ...

Originally Posted by tupac003

@christomasson: Source says Hornets thought they were very close to a deal to send Chris Paul to Lakers but then Lakers backed off. ...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Keep Gasol in LA ... Give that boy another chance to cook 
pimp.gif

I'm tired of all this CP3 talk...

CP3 for Gasol is fine IF they have a package to get Dwight for Odom, Bynum, and trash. If there's no Dwight deal then Mr. Glass is our center which doesn't bode well for the upcoming years.

mogzz04:
I'll reserve judgement on all this once someone finally says "official"
laugh.gif

This is normally how I roll, and I'm going back to that. Hell, I'm still waiting to exhale on Pujols to the Angels, but I'm letting myself get ahead of… myself… on Paul to LA? Never that; I'm with you, moggz.

LAKERS DONT BACK OFF!!! Trade Gasol, he doesnt have the stomach for this year in and year out. The older he gets, the less interested hell become. CP3 is hungry now! He has zero rings now! Lets be smart.

Weird, if we move Pau for Paul, we still have Bynum and Odom.......the guys we would need to trade for someone else..........weird. 

*shrugs* 

Still say pipe dream, but interesting nonetheless. 

Yeah, that's my thinking if we do trade Pau for CP3, there's still elements for a D12 trade since the Clippers and Warriors don't want to give up there respective "untouchables". Bynum, Odom + fillers for D12 and Hedo/GIlbert (then amnesty)??

DO IT MITCHELL!!!

CP3+Kobe+D12 = DYNASTY

Reserving judgement as well...
But I do want to SOMEWHAT keep Pau... But his play could be really inconsistent-which makes me want to trade him.

I don't like bynum at all, and would agree to any trade involving him (without kobe or pau).

I wonder if we do get paul and d12, how the system will work under brown's offense/defense. 

Thats definitely something to look forward to.

IF there was a deal in place, wonder what would cause the Lakers to back out? We get the PG that we haven't had to Magic and there's still pieces to make a run at Dwight, doesn't make any sense. I absolutely despise all of these "sources"

Baron Davis
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Howard

3-year window, this would look pretty good. Good role players on the bench too.

I think Gasol's defense would improve if he played with Howard, and also under Mike Brown (Cavs had a top defense with Big Z
laugh.gif
).

Woj reporting that the Hornets are telling teams they're trading CP3 to the Lakers for Bynum/Odom.

The Hornets have started to inform teams that they're sending Chris Paul to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Back
Top Bottom