*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

This Wizard MJ stuff needs to stop.
Kobe's done this his whole career.. its a gift and curse.
The Refs didn't call **%* when they were supposed to and McBob/Gasol missed crucial free throws that could have put a ceiling on this game.

Not worried at all. We had that game in that bag and we didn't have bynum.

Kobe just hit a clutch shot before that so how has he lost a step? He had close to 30 points on a bad wrist and shot near 50%. Dude had a good game just two terrible decisions at the end.

I liked what I saw out there.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Kobe's game now reminds me of
CKIyBBd282WT9xh.jpg
I was thinking the same thing.
laugh.gif

dudes just gotta get their 2 cents in not matter if it makes sense... Wizards MJ, like really? thats what yall saw out there?

liked what I saw far as defense and hustle...if we coulda keep it up for the whole game we woulda went home wit the W.

team may be a lil better than i thought.

Originally Posted by knightngale

This was not about Kobe being old but about him being stupid. He has played like this before even when he was younger. 

Yup. Kobe's game has been slow motion for a while now, where have yall been? Most of his turnovers were just really dumb passes that he has a habit of making.
He tried to win the game with the same teardrop Rose hit on the last possession instead of making the smart play either with the pull up or the pass to an open Fisher.

For all the talk about how this team isn't deep enough, it was the two best players that lost the game.

With the way the schedule is this year you're gonna be seeing different lineups and different styles of play. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pau, Ron, and Fish catch some DNPs to rest for the playoffs.

And Magic is obviously trolling at this point. Devin Eubanks? 
laugh.gif
 greatest PG of all time, I think he knows that pissing guys off is a good way to motivate them.

Team should be just fine when Bynum returns.

They'll have Kobe to go along with two double double bigs. One of whom is a great defender.

They'll be in contention.

Originally Posted by man listen

Originally Posted by knightngale

This was not about Kobe being old but about him being stupid. He has played like this before even when he was younger. 

Yup. Kobe's game has been slow motion for a while now, where have yall been? Most of his turnovers were just really dumb passes that he has a habit of making.
He tried to win the game with the same teardrop Rose hit on the last possession instead of making the smart play either with the pull up or the pass to an open Fisher.

For all the talk about how this team isn't deep enough, it was the two best players that lost the game.

With the way the schedule is this year you're gonna be seeing different lineups and different styles of play. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pau, Ron, and Fish catch some DNPs to rest for the playoffs.

And Magic is obviously trolling at this point. Devin Eubanks? 
laugh.gif
 greatest PG of all time, I think he knows that pissing guys off is a good way to motivate them.
Its one thing to motivate guys but that is straight disrespect. I am officially done with being a Magic fan (which I still think he is hands down the best PG to ever play).
Its like ever since he sold his share of the Lakers he has turned his back on them...I have lost respect for Magic, you are suppose to ride for your team until the wheels fall off, especially the team that has given you the stage to become great. How many teams do you no that has given their past players stake in the team?!

sooperhooper: hope you don't mind me editing the thread title. Just wanted to throw the team record in there, the next game, and if it's on national TV, throw that at the end so people know.
smile.gif

Overall, I liked what I saw.

liked:
- McBob's entire game, except the FTs at the end.
- the intensity that was brought out, especially the second half, and especially the fourth quarter. I honestly think that was in large part to Ebanks and McRoberts. Now, obviously Kobe can play in an intense environment. Pau? We'll see. He sucked at it in the '08 Finals, '09 Finals weren't that intense, and I thought he was great in the '10 Finals. So if last night is how we're going to be all year, how will that suit Pau?
- REALLY liked hearing Mike Brown ask after the game "I still haven't talked to him, and asked him why he jumped to pass there." Good sign.
- loved seeing a coach that will give some burn to guys like Ebanks and McRoberts
- actually liked Kobe's overall game. Key word: overall. If he plays the whole season the way he did last night, we'll be juuuuuuust fine.
smokin.gif

- didn't like:
- missed FTs to end the game
30t6p3b.gif
FEW THINGS IN LIFE BOTHER ME MORE
- Blake chuckin. I think he just missed another one right now.
- our PG situation
- no Barnes, coach? Really?
- Kobe: hold the ball. They foul you: you're at the line with a one-point lead and under 10 seconds left. They don't foul: ballgame.
- Kobe: don't jump to pass
- Kobe: lots of guys in the league are having quite a bit of success at this 'drive&dish' concept. Both Pau and Artest were wide open under the rim on your final shot. #jussayin
- Kobe's postgame comment: "I thought he was going to stay in the hole, and then I don't know why he came out of the hole." Well none of us know why you passed the ball in the first place, and why you jumped to do so. Worry about that $%@%.
- if we are going to be an intense team like we were last night, I definitely like it, but I'll definitely have major concerns if that style of play would suit Gasoft and Mr. Glass
kb8 3qwick:
Except for the TO's if 28, 7, and 6 on almost 50% from the field is Wizards MJ, I'll take that.
I'm saying!
laugh.gif

GG Laker fans....definitely lots of suspense and bad basketball on both sides.IMO, keep Pau and Bynum and address the PG position...ASAP if possible. Blake and Glock hit shots but neither is a long term solution.

lakers better not turnover the ball alot and hit their FTs

cant wait for tip off
smile.gif
hope kobe wrist's is not hurting him or swollen

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

Its one thing to motivate guys but that is straight disrespect. I am officially done with being a Magic fan (which I still think he is hands down the best PG to ever play).
Its like ever since he sold his share of the Lakers he has turned his back on them...I have lost respect for Magic, you are suppose to ride for your team until the wheels fall off, especially the team that has given you the stage to become great. How many teams do you no that has given their past players stake in the team?!

"Andrew Bynum? Are you $@**!*% kidding me? Ship his *!% out!". pure motivation bro. I remember Jerry West saying something about Lebron being better than Kobe a few championships ago. Phil Jackson did it thru the media. holding these guys hands and telling them everything's gonna be alright doesn't light a fire under them. 

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Oh well fellas, plenty of good to take out of this game.

Our defense looked good. McRoberts and Murphy, Blake, E-Banks all played well.

Kobe looked great out there, 28 points and he wasn't really forcing anything except that last shot.

Two games in the next two nights, easy redemption if they want it.

this dude must be the most optimistic dude ever lolol
yeah say whatever makes you feel better..you need that

Me? The most optimistic? 
laugh.gif

Aren't you the same dude who roots for Lebron saying he's going to win a title for the past few years? How many he have now? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

- Kobe: hold the ball. They foul you: you're at the line with a one-point lead and under 10 seconds left. They don't foul: ballgame.
- Kobe: don't jump to pass
- Kobe: lots of guys in the league are having quite a bit of success at this 'drive&dish' concept. Both Pau and Artest were wide open under the rim on your final shot. #jussayin
- Kobe's postgame comment: "I thought he was going to stay in the hole, and then I don't know why he came out of the hole." Well none of us know why you passed the ball in the first place, and why you jumped to do so. Worry about that $%@%. 
roll.gif
 im telling when its all said and done guy will be the dumbest greatest player of all time 

son been in the league for 16 years and still make dumb rookie mistakes

and that %%*@ had nothing to do with the wrist 
laugh.gif

Eh, I expected us to continue the Xmas curse. 
laugh.gif
 I thought Mike Brown was the coach NOT Kobe. 
eyes.gif
 I'm done with Brown already! 
laugh.gif

My brother and I were talking about this while watching the game..Do you guys think that Phil Jackson added extra pressure as far the players being nervous while playing?

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

My brother and I were talking about this while watching the game..Do you guys think that Phil Jackson added extra pressure as far the players being nervous while playing?

The extra pressure last year was it was a 3-peat potential year and Phil's last year. These guys are pro's no one outside of year one should be nervous around their coach.

I'm guessing the free 1 week free preview of NBA League Pass started tonight.

I'm watching the early games right now on my TV through AT&.T U-Verse.

I got NBA TV on the AT&T U-Verse 300 plan no need for the TV version since NBA.com gave people who had NBA League Pass Broadband last season the first 2 months of this season for free. $99 bucks due not until February 2012.

This is what I got in the email from NBA.com:

Dear NBA Fan,

Your NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND CHOICE subscription will automatically renew on December 25, 2011. Your account will not be billed until early February 2012 at the exclusive price of $99.00. This pricing is only for our returning customers. There is NO ACTION necessary on your part to ensure that your subscription is renewed. For the 2011-2012 NBA season, your subscription will provide access to regular season games for 5 NBA teams*. Beginning December 26, 2011, simply go to www.nba.com/lpbb/launch to watch games live.

This was the package where you can select 5 teams to watch. Not the full NBA League Pass online where it lets you watch every game, which costs more and  I don't need.

I'm guessing the NBA is doing this to sort of make up for the lock out.

Oh yeah I noticed the TV version of NBA League Pass all live games are running on HDTV feeds in either 1080i or 720P. The broadband version app off NBA League Pass has been upgraded but haven't tested the streaming quality yet of any of the games. 

28-7-6 is not Wizards MJ... You guys need to calm down..

He had 8 turnovers and the ultimate mistake of the dumb +*@ pass at the end... But remember to consider all things.. And it is the first game of the season with a lot of different circumstances as to why 8 Turnovers could happen...

Just calm down.. He looked nothing like Wizards MJ... If anything he just looked like Kobe Bryant who needed a little more time to get everything working.

Originally Posted by Essential1

28-7-6 is not Wizards MJ... You guys need to calm down..

He had 8 turnovers and the ultimate mistake of the dumb +*@ pass at the end... But remember to consider all things.. And it is the first game of the season with a lot of different circumstances as to why 8 Turnovers could happen...

Just calm down.. He looked nothing like Wizards MJ... If anything he just looked like Kobe Bryant who needed a little more time to get everything working.

Yeah seriously the people on here who say Kobe is old, slow, and done. Just make me 
laugh.gif

There was that the 20+ page thread last season with the title saying something "So Kobe No Longer Dunks Anymore"

laugh.gif

Then we see mamba put on a show in the allstar game in LA win MVP honors, does his usual murk job on the Knicks at the Garden, then throws down 2 vicious nasty dunks on Emeka Okafor in the playoffs last season.

Yet people on here keep saying Mamba has lost a step & is done 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe Kobe was channeling his inner Phil Jackson.

Had to throw the game to motivate his teammates to play with intensity every night.

Or... maybe those divorce bills are hurting his pockets
nerd.gif

Why would he pass it to Pau knowing Chicago had to foul, 
Pau just missed 2 free throws, and he had a timeout ?

Back
Top Bottom